Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
(10-16-2022, 05:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How’s that MVP season coming?

I've always said that Lamar Jackson is Kordell Stewart 2.0

Kordell wasn't bad, inconsistency was his problem. He'd look like a world beater for 3 or 4 games, then couldn't hit the side of a barn the next two. Then 2 great games, followed by 3 stinkers. It was maddening. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:13 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I've always said that Lamar Jackson is Kordell Stewart 2.0

Kordell wasn't bad, inconsistency was his problem. He'd look like a world beater for 3 or 4 games, then couldn't hit the side of a barn the next two. Then 2 great games, followed by 3 stinkers. It was maddening. 

He's way better than Kordell ever was.  That said, he is absolutely inconsistent and he just doesn't have "it".  He's not a guy who scares me the way a Mahomes, Brady or Allen does.  Someone will insanely overpay him next season, I just hope it's the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 07:59 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I thought it was rfaulk's vacant lot flipping thread.

It's not a vacant lot, asshole. It's the back yard of a crackhouse. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: How was everyone’s Sunday?

Oh, hi. Yeah, pretty good. How was your Sunday?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I was telling my friends yesterday I was kinda happy the Squeelers beat the Buccaneers and they were stunned. I just told them it would have been hell seeing TJ Watt and Will Anderson Jr as bookend pass rushers for the next 5 years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:13 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I've always said that Lamar Jackson is Kordell Stewart 2.0

I just remember he had something weird on his face.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not a vacant lot, asshole. It's the back yard of a crackhouse. Mellow

More or less of a crackhouse than the resident Ravens fan that has bars over top his street-level windows?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:36 PM)6andcounting Wrote: More or less of a crackhouse than the resident Ravens fan that has bars over top his street-level windows?

Oh, in that scenario, it's always less. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I just remember he had something weird on his face.

I had completely forgotten about it, 'til you brought it up.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 11:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He's way better than Kordell ever was.  That said, he is absolutely inconsistent and he just doesn't have "it".  He's not a guy who scares me the way a Mahomes, Brady or Allen does.  Someone will insanely overpay him next season, I just hope it's the Ravens.

Brady scares you still?

The Ravens will never give him the contract he is requesting, regardless of how this season goes. He got his best offer and they won't do much more. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 07:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Brady scares you still?

No, merely using him as an example of a QB that has "it".  For example, I'd rather face Peyton Manning in five straight playoff games than Brady in one.  Manning was great in the regular season, but he didn't have "it" when it came to the playoffs.  I know I'm putting a lot of stock in a nebulous concept here, but I think you get what I mean.

Quote:The Ravens will never give him the contract he is requesting, regardless of how this season goes. He got his best offer and they won't do much more. 

That would be smart of them, but man don't you think the blowback from the fanbase will be huge if he gets a better deal elsewhere?  One thing is certain, a dumb franchise will absolutely back the Brinks truck up for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 08:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, merely using him as an example of a QB that has "it".  For example, I'd rather face Peyton Manning in five straight playoff games than Brady in one.  Manning was great in the regular season, but he didn't have "it" when it came to the playoffs.  I know I'm putting a lot of stock in a nebulous concept here, but I think you get what I mean.

That would be smart of them, but man don't you think the blowback from the fanbase will be huge if he gets a better deal elsewhere?  One thing is certain, a dumb franchise will absolutely back the Brinks truck up for him.

Sorry for the 3 month delay, SSF. There'll definitely be some blowback, though (now) I think there's enough fans who doubt that he's injured (not me) and will have a sour taste. My guess is a tag and a trade will happen at some point in 2023. 

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 02:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sorry for the 3 month delay, SSF. There'll definitely be some blowback, though (now) I think there's enough fans who doubt that he's injured (not me) and will have a sour taste. My guess is a tag and a trade will happen at some point in 2023. 

No worries at all, hope all is well on your end.  Yeah, Jackson essentially punched his ticket out of town with that pathetic manuever.  It was so clearly about not potentially getting hurt and harming his market value.  Trouble is, now he's seen as someone who quit on their team.  Even so, some team will insanely overpay for him, it just won't be you guys.  I don't think you're going to get much in trade though, everyone knows he wants out, so you guys have very little leverage in trade negotiations.  Unless you can spark a bidding war between two stupid franchises.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No worries at all, hope all is well on your end.  Yeah, Jackson essentially punched his ticket out of town with that pathetic manuever.  It was so clearly about not potentially getting hurt and harming his market value.  Trouble is, now he's seen as someone who quit on their team.  Even so, some team will insanely overpay for him, it just won't be you guys.  I don't think you're going to get much in trade though, everyone knows he wants out, so you guys have very little leverage in trade negotiations.  Unless you can spark a bidding war between two stupid franchises.

I think there's at least one foolish franchises out there who would send a 1st round pick to lock him in for half a season and get the first shot at making him an offer.

Reply/Quote