Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hello...do you want to play a game?
[Image: Saw-II-Billy-e1566999702813.jpg?resize=5...C599&ssl=1]

I keep reading on here how so many think they can call the play before it's run, based on the formation. I'd like to see just how much of that is true. On a limited basis of course. 

I'm going to post the personnel and formation for 5 Bengals plays from random game(s). Each of these plays is first and 10. All you have to do is guess what play was run based off who was lined up where. If you really have the cajones, be a bit more descriptive in your answer. Don't just say "run" or "pass". 

Got it? Good luck.

Play #1:
11 personnel:  bunch formation-- X left (boyd), slot left (hurst), slot right (tee), Z right (chase)
QB under center, RB i formation. No movement pre-snap. 
[Image: PLAY-1.jpg]
Play #2:
12 personnel: (after shift), Y left (sample inline), h-back right (hurst), slot right (thomas) split right (chase)
QB under center, RB i formation. Pre-snap shift thomas and hurst from left to right.
[Image: PLAY-2.jpg]
Play #3:
11 personnel:  split left (tee), h-back left (hurst), offset stack right (slot chase, Z boyd)
QB shotgun, RB offset left. No movement pre-snap.
[Image: play-3.jpg]
Play #4:
11 personnel:  split left (chase), slot left (boyd), h-back right (hurst), Z right (tee)
QB shotgun, RB offset right. No movement pre-snap.
[Image: play-4.jpg]
Play #5:
12 personnel: 2 TE left (sample in-line, hurst h-back), split right (chase), slot right (tee)
[Image: play-5.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
War Games quote with Jigsaw picture? Ferris Bueller is handcuffed to a table and has to play tic tac toe against himself forever or cut his hand off.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
You are not saying which RB, mixon or Perine is in. This game is stupid because it's 1st and 10. Get yourself in 2nd and 10 or 3rd and long with Perine and Hurst in there, lol. That is where the Bengals play, behind the chains all game.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 07:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You are not saying which RB, mixon or Perine is in. This game is stupid because it's 1st and 10. Get yourself in 2nd and 10 or 3rd and long with Perine and Hurst in there, lol. That is where the Bengals play, behind the chains all game.

I disagree, this is actually pretty good! I want to see what all the "we are predictable" crowd says.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: Saw-II-Billy-e1566999702813.jpg?resize=5...C599&ssl=1]

I keep reading on here how so many think they can call the play before it's run, based on the formation. I'd like to see just how much of that is true. On a limited basis of course. 

I'm going to post the personnel and formation for 5 Bengals plays from random game(s). Each of these plays is first and 10. All you have to do is guess what play was run based off who was lined up where. If you really have the cajones, be a bit more descriptive in your answer. Don't just say "run" or "pass". 

Got it? Good luck.

Play #1:
11 personnel:  bunch formation-- X left (boyd), slot left (hurst), slot right (tee), Z right (chase)
[Image: PLAY-1.jpg]
Play #2:
12 personnel: (after shift), Y left (sample inline), h-back right (hurst), slot right (thomas) split right (chase)
QB under center, RB i formation. Pre-snap shift thomas and hurst from left to right.
[Image: PLAY-2.jpg]
Play #3:
11 personnel:  split left (tee), h-back left (hurst), offset stack right (slot chase, Z boyd)
QB shotgun, RB offset left. No movement pre-snap.
[Image: play-3.jpg]
Play #4:
11 personnel:  split left (chase), slot left (boyd), h-back right (hurst), Z right (tee)
QB shotgun, RB offset right. No movement pre-snap.
[Image: play-4.jpg]
Play #5:
12 personnel: 2 TE left (sample in-line, hurst h-back), split right (chase), slot right (tee)
[Image: play-5.jpg]

I love this! Call out those who "know" what play the Bengals are going to run before it's run. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 07:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You are not saying which RB, mixon or Perine is in. 

It's 1st and 10. How often is Perine in on 1st and 10?  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 03:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: War Games quote with Jigsaw picture? Ferris Bueller is handcuffed to a table and has to play tic tac toe against himself forever or cut his hand off.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 07:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You are not saying which RB, mixon or Perine is in. This game is stupid because it's 1st and 10. Get yourself in 2nd and 10 or 3rd and long with Perine and Hurst in there, lol. That is where the Bengals play, behind the chains all game.

Come on chief! I don't know if you're one of the "i can call the play before it's run" crowd, but give it a go anyway.

At the very least, if i ever do see you say it, i can bring this thread up.

Mixon is the RB for every play and i'm keeping it simple to start by making them all first down plays.

EDIT: I do plan on doing some 2nd and 3rd down plays, as we go along. 

Reply/Quote
I expect Synric and AU165 to be the only one’s to come in and answer all of these lol.

Reply/Quote
All pass plays that resulted in sacks...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'll probably mess these up, but I'm game for trying as rfaulk put a lot of effort into this.

1 ) I'll say run.

2 ) I think this is probably a pass. Screen to TE if I had to guess the exact play. Maybe WR screen.

3 ) Pass

4 ) Pass

5 ) Run (Although they do like to do WR screens and throw deep out of this with 2 TE.)
Reply/Quote
This is easy.. Burrow under center run.. Burrow in Shotgun 90% pass 10% run...
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:50 AM)jason Wrote: All pass plays that resulted in sacks...

Good guess!! But no. 

At least you're willing to play. ThumbsUp

Where my OCs at?

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While we run under Center...a lot. There was one play where they had 3 WR Split right and they threw like a TE screen. (Possibly to Wilcox.)

That play is not part of my game.

Yet...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good guess!! But no. 

At least you're willing to play. ThumbsUp

Where my OCs at?

I'm not here to play, but to post an anecdote.

I once got a guy so fired up at a bar he threatened to punch me in the face. Can you imagine me getting under someone's skin? Anyways, I offered up my right cheek and told him to take his shot. He did not.

My point is, most blowhards back down awful quick when confronted.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll probably mess these up, but I'm game for trying as rfaulk put a lot of effort into this.

1 ) I'll say run.

2 ) I think this is probably a pass. Screen to TE if I had to guess the exact play. Maybe WR screen.

3 ) Pass

4 ) Pass

5 ) Run (Although they do like to do WR screens and throw deep out of this with 2 TE.)

I'm going to leave these up for a bit before i give any kind of answers or percentages right or wrong. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:54 AM)Tony Wrote: This is easy.. Burrow under center run.. Burrow in Shotgun 90% pass 10% run...

Not far off.

Shotgun - 80%
Non-shotgun - 77% run
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:54 AM)Tony Wrote: This is easy.. Burrow under center run.. Burrow in Shotgun 90% pass 10% run...

So you're officially down as;

1. Run
2. Run
3. Pass
4. Pass
5. Run

Reply/Quote
I will take a swing.

1. Pass
2. Run
3. Run
4. Pass
5. Run
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So you're officially down as;

1. Run
2. Run
3. Pass