Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmet Watch
Are we introducing these babies for 22/23 season? I think this is one of the most exciting parts off the off-season other than free agency & Draft.

[img][/img]
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
i hope they intro these "Siberian Tiger" variations
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 07:54 PM)kalibengal Wrote: i hope they intro these "Siberian Tiger" variations

Fun fact: Siberian Tigers are orange. Only the Bengal Tiger comes in the white variant.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would like to see the black helmets with orange stripes with the all black uniform.

(And yes I know tigers aren’t black with orange stripes)
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would like to see the black helmets with orange stripes with the all black uniform.

Meh, still not as inaccurate as a blue lion or a green eagle, so no one should fuss.  

As to the OP, from where did that pic originate?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, still not as inaccurate as a blue lion or a green eagle, so no one should fuss.  

Google "Bengals alternate helmet" 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, still not as inaccurate as a blue lion or a green eagle, so no one should fuss.  

Hey Lions and tigers can come in any color you want as long as you’re brave enough to paint one ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would like to see the black helmets with orange stripes with the all black uniform.

Melanistic Tiger:

[Image: main-qimg-e33c721106b1d049dc543a6daebaec23]
[Image: 1604505867_untitled-design-20-1024x683.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Every mock-up of a black helmet with orange stripes I have seen looked horrible
Reply/Quote
I would love these.. digging the orange outline

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I would love these.. digging the orange outline

1. Hard pass on the outlines.
2. There's other hubs on the internet?  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Google "Bengals alternate helmet" 

Yes, that brings up a lot of results. What I meant was where did it originate?  Was it a team source and something legitimate, or just wishful thinking?  Guess I have the answer.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Since 1981 the Bengals’ helmet has become the most iconic headgear in all of sports. I don’t EVER want a logo on the helmet; just stripes. The Rams have the second coolest helmet because you know it’s a ram without seeing a logo.
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't even mind matte with metallic mixes.

Let's get with the times NFL and use some variations.

It's okay to mix it up a game or two...  not ever cancelling out the current/historical helmet.

I just don't ever want one of those old Browns type helmets with "Bengals" written on the side.

They should also revamp the tiger logo in the near future.

The tiger head in your avatar pic I believe is the same one I found for a thread a while back.

That is right in line with a more menacing looking mascot/logo in my opinion.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
NFL would not allow it.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Leave our helmets alone. They’re absolutely perfect.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:40 PM)Destro Wrote: NFL would not allow it.

Why wouldn’t they?
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Leave our helmets alone. They’re absolutely perfect.

Agreed, but if the NFL is allowing second helmets then I'll take our current version as white with black stripes.
Reply/Quote
Hope not
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Why wouldn’t they?

Alternative helmets have not been allowed until this upcoming year. There are rules to it, including the purchase of the exact same one as the others players have ( read buying two helmets for every person who puts on pads from training camp on ). Teams had to submit to the league by the end of July.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote