Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Hewitt?
Why isn't Ryan Hewitt being utilized in the run game as an extra blocker? With Andre Smith gone and with Russell Bodine looking like the revolving door in the movie "Elf," wouldn't it make sense to add a blocker on running plays? Even a two tight end set would be a nice change of pace at this point in the season. It's not like Andy Dalton has time to throw deep so missing a fourth wide receiver wouldn't be a big sacrifice at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree. If the steelers are playing two deep on early downs, why aren't the Bengals using more two TE sets or one TE with the fullback? I think once Eifert returns we will see more and more of this and it will benefit the run game.
Reply/Quote
Even with him AND Hill as blockers next to Dalton that still gives him 4 eligible receivers.
Reply/Quote
He has played a COMBINED 16 snaps through two games. With the running game woes this absolutely shocks me.
Reply/Quote
I guess because Zampese thinks the greatest show on turf will work in the AFCN?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I didn't realize he was not in there more so far... makes more sense to me why our run game has been so absent. I mean, I knew our interior guys don't hold up well on dive plays, but having no Hewitt most of the time helps me realize why our rushing numbers are so laughable makes no sense when we are already down a huge weapon through the air with Eifert out. one would think the time he misses is when we would slightly more heavily lean on the ground game, but good thing we haven't or we'd likely be 0-2 at this point
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 07:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Why isn't Ryan Hewitt being utilized in the run game as an extra blocker?  With Andre Smith gone and with Russell Bodine looking like the revolving door in the movie "Elf," wouldn't it make sense to add a blocker on running plays?  Even a two tight end set would be a nice change of pace at this point in the season.  It's not like Andy Dalton has time to throw deep so missing a fourth wide receiver wouldn't be a big sacrifice at this point.

Good question. 

Not really sold on him as TE yet, but love him as FB. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote