Poll: Which Wording Sounds Better?
Situation
Condition
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Wording In My Facebook Post
I have OCD about this sort of thing, so help me out.

My Facebook post reads:

Quote:If you don't think you could be happy in my condition, you don't know what happiness is.......

Should I change it to:

Quote:If you don't think you could be happy in my situation, you don't know what happiness is..........

A lot of people have already seen it, so it won't make a ton of difference but, like I said, I have OCD about it.

Hilarious

Thanks for any help!
Reply/Quote
I'd go with condition since the spirit of what you want to convey is that your life circumstance affected the way in which you live but you're still happy.

I'd ditch the emphasis on the word with the bold/italics/underline totally or just stick with one choice... maybe only bold it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd go with condition since the spirit of what you want to convey is that your life circumstance affected the way in which you live but you're still happy.

I'd ditch the emphasis on the word with the bold/italics/underline totally or just stick with one choice... maybe only bold it.

Good call on the condition!

I didn't bold/italics/underline in my post, I just did it here to emphasize that that's the part that I needed help on!

I'll keep it the way it is!

Much appreciated!
Reply/Quote
I think they both apply. You have injuries which have resulted in medical conditions. Your medical conditions have contributed to your situation.

I wouldn’t stress too much about it. Easier said than done. But, when in doubt go with your gut or what you like best. Because no matter what, someone out there will find fault with either choice.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think they both apply. You have injuries which have resulted in medical conditions. Your medical conditions have contributed to your situation.

I wouldn’t stress too much about it. Easier said than done. But, when in doubt go with your gut or what you like best. Because no matter what, someone out there will find fault with either choice.

I just always second-guess things like that because I want it to be perfect and get people thinking.

I went with condition and it only got 221 likes with three shares (and then shares off of those) and 49 comments (but some were mine).

I agree some people will always find a way to find fault in it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just always second-guess things like that because I want it to be perfect and get people thinking.

I went with condition and it only got 221 likes with three shares (and then shares off of those) and 49 comments (but some were mine).

Facebook is now an old man's tool. Facebook isn't the place to be anymore if you're trying to generate interest.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just always second-guess things like that because I want it to be perfect and get people thinking.

“Only”?

I’m not sure I know 221 people. LOL Don’t let their opinions have power over how you feel.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Facebook is now an old man's tool. Facebook isn't the place to be anymore if you're trying to generate interest.

You'd be surprised  Hilarious

I still get a lot of interest on my posts.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: “Only”?

I’m not sure I know 221 people. LOL Don’t let their opinions have power over how you feel.

lol some of my posts get thousands of likes!

I don't let it really impact how I feel, but when a lot of people, sometimes thousands, like or comment on my posts, it does help me feel relevant in the community.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol some of my posts get thousands of likes!

I don't let it really impact how I feel, but when a lot of people, sometimes thousands, like or comment on my posts, it does help me feel relevant in the community.

You already do things for your community. You’re already relevant.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You already do things for your community. You’re already relevant.

Thanks. I try.

I've just never wanted sympathy and I'm always trying to do more and make something of my life, whether presenting or just going out places and "talking" to people or even going out on the sidewalk during rush hour to wave and blow kisses to cars (which I'm about to do in a few minutes).
Reply/Quote
Happiness isn't preconditioned on your situation nor condition. I know of nobody who would be exactly thrilled to be in your condition or situation, but I do know many people who are happy none the less in better and worse conditions. 
While I can sympathize with your condition and/or situation you don't get the luxury of deciding what exactly defines happiness for others.. On the same hand I'm pretty sure we all know someone who would complain if you hung them with a brand new rope.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I do think Facebook is a mom's tool now, where they gossip and talk about BS in the neighborhood groups. I think life is better without FB interaction.
Reply/Quote