Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
>>> Help keep the Bengals Board going strong through 2021! <<<
As most of may remember, we had a

[Must be logged in to view this link]

last year to cover the increased cost for the remainder of 2018 and to pay the bills for 2019 in full. The community came together and not only met the goal of $1,425, which completely paid for all of this year, but exceeded it and raised the total to $2,044 --- leaving a $619 overage.

The overage will be applied towards 2020, which got me doing the math to see how much was needed to pay for all of 2020 after the $619 overage. The amount was $1,121. Our host also has a deal where they're offering 20% off for re-upping for 2 or more years. 

That means locking in the cost for everything, which is $145 per month, for 2020 and 2021 at a 20% discount, which would be a total of $2,784. After deducting the overage, it leaves $2,165. That the amount it would cost to guarantee 2 additional years, past this year, of high quality hosting and assure the Bengals Board remains worry all the way through December of 2021. That's a lot of security and piece of mind.

This is a great opportunity to ensure make sure that happens, and I would like to take advantage of it. So that means reaching out to the community one more time, and for the last time for the next 2 years and 9 months. With $2,165 needed after applying the overage and getting the discounted rate to make this happen, my wife and I have decided we will pay $1,500 of that, if the community can raise the other $665. 

If you are interested in helping us get this done, and making sure the board is fully funded through the end of 2021, the you can donate at the original campaign 

. I don't want to start a whole new one for this additional goal, so with the total there currently being $2,044, we would just need to get that total to reach $2,709 to add the $665 that's needed.

Of course, it's completely up to the community if you want to do this. If so, as I stated, my wife and I will be more than happy to cover the other $1,500. It's well worth it in my eyes to guarantee this community always has a home.
[Image: RI3Ia2m.png]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a good deal to me thanks for everything.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's get this done people!
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all that you do!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 09:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As most of may remember, we had a

last year to cover the increased cost for the remainder of 2018 and to pay the bills for 2019 in full. The community came together and not only met the goal of $1,425, which completely paid for all of this year, but exceeded it and raised the total to $2,044 --- leaving a $619 overage.

The overage will be applied towards 2020, which got me doing the math to see how much was needed to pay for all of 2020 after the $619 overage. The amount was $1,121. Our host also has a deal where they're offering 20% off for re-upping for 2 or more years. 

That means locking in the cost for everything, which is $145 per month, for 2020 and 2021 at a 20% discount, which would be a total of $2,784. After deducting the overage, it leaves $2,165. That the amount it would cost to guarantee 2 additional years, past this year, of high quality hosting and assure the Bengals Board remains worry all the way through December of 2021. That's a lot of security and piece of mind.

This is a great opportunity to ensure make sure that happens, and I would like to take advantage of it. So that means reaching out to the community one more time, and for the last time for the next 2 years and 9 months. With $2,165 needed after applying the overage and getting the discounted rate to make this happen, my wife and I have decided we will pay $1,500 of that, if the community can raise the other $665. 

If you are interested in helping us get this done, and making sure the board is fully funded through the end of 2021, the you can donate at the original campaign 

. I don't want to start a whole new one for this additional goal, so with the total there currently being $2,044, we would just need to get that total to reach $2,709 to add the $665 that's needed.

Of course, it's completely up to the community if you want to do this. If so, as I stated, my wife and I will be more than happy to cover the other $1,500. It's well worth it in my eyes to guarantee this community always has a home.

Hey holic, perhaps this should be out on the main page instead of in Jungle Noise.  I know that some of our non-Bengal brothers and sisters of this community would be willing to donate if they were aware, but they might not read this section.  Just a suggestion...
Reply/Quote
Just threw some bucks your way. Thanks for doing this stuff. Appreciate all the hard work.
Reply/Quote
We need a fundraiser. Perhaps we can bid on things such as:

Custom sigs (you still haven't updated mine)

Days Fred doesn't post in any forum

Advice given by bfine

First choice of team in the Board mock (BTW Wolf, where you at)

Party at Wyche's house

Any other fundraising ideas?
[Image: DJpNuML.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Wow, evidently I have a family member that is also a donor, and I never even realized it! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 09:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As most of may remember, we had a

Very generous of you and your wife, but why should you donate $1500. Better question is why would we allow it? How about we try and get at least $2100 minimum and be covered for 2+ years?

That is my proposal, fund raise goal of at least $2100.

TY for all you and the mods do, it is appreciated.

ZT may become worst HC in our history. Only a moron would buy season tickets to this train wreck of a franchise.
Reply/Quote
Done..best escape with fellow Bengal fans...
Reply/Quote
Done, and happy to do it! ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ca34f2466426b47590330ca]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Done. I don’t post a lot. But I’m on here just about every day.
Reply/Quote
Just threw some funds in :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A huge thank you to all those that have donated so far!

(04-01-2019, 11:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Very generous of you and your wife, but why should you donate $1500. Better question is why would we allow it? How about we try and get at least $2100 minimum and be covered for 2+ years?

That just seems like far too much to ask from the community. A great opportunity was available to ensure the board is paid for through 2021, and I really wanted that stability and security for the community, but at the same time, not burden you guys too much...which is why we offered to cover the larger share.
[Image: RI3Ia2m.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 01:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A huge thank you to all those that have donated so far!

That just seems like far too much to ask from the community. A great opportunity was available to ensure the board is paid for through 2021, and I really wanted that stability and security for the community, but at the same time, not burden you guys too much...which is why we offered to cover the larger share.

I do not know how many members we have, but $2100 for 2 + years seems like a great idea so we know we have a board. Those of on the old board remember losing the old board.

Many fans enjoy this board, it is not fair for this board to put the majority of the financial burden on your wife and you.

I urge everyone, let's get to $2100 for Holic, he deserves our help.

I put my donation in last night, those who can join, big or small please donate.

ZT may become worst HC in our history. Only a moron would buy season tickets to this train wreck of a franchise.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Very generous of you and your wife, but why should you donate $1500. Better question is why would we allow it? How about we try and get at least $2100 minimum and be covered for 2+ years?

That is my proposal, fund raise goal of at least $2100.

TY for all you and the mods do, it is appreciated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

No reason for you to be out $1500, That's really generous but hopefully not necessary.

Come on, people. We can do this!

I'm in.
Reply/Quote
As of today 77 board members have contributed to help the moderators and administrators to renew this forum.

If I'm reading it correctly we are close to over $2,000. We just need a few more members to help holic out of this great opportunity to keep the board going for a couple years.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It's not much, but I'm happy to help.
Everything I post is Andy Dalton's fault, due to time ripples or something...  Smirk

Reply/Quote
If I am reading the original post correctly, we need to get to $4209 to not have 'holic come at all out of pocket.

I believe believe we've raised what he asked for and are now making a dent into the $1500 he offered.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Every little bit helps!!!
Reply/Quote