Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson piece...
https://www.facebook.com/bengals/videos/202264735212842
Reply/Quote
Personally, I don’t think there is enough hype around this pickup. We are tentative when it comes to free agents around here for good reason. This guy plays like a monster from what I’ve seen.
Reply/Quote
Great stuff, loved watching the Hendrickson vid followed up by the Bates vid. 2 special players we have here. Hendrickson just
has a great bullrush and plays with such discipline. He doesn't let the QB have any room. So strong he just grabs the LT and
rides him straight into the QB. He doesn't go out wide and as the one player said also has finesse to go along with his physicality.

Trey had a good game once again against Brady. Bet he doesn't like to play against this guy lol

Pay Bates dammit.
Reply/Quote
Wow, awesome vid man, thx. Watching this makes me feel like back when we climbed the rope in gym class in 7th gradePervert
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 01:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Personally, I don’t think there is enough hype around this pickup. We are tentative when it comes to free agents around here for good reason. This guy plays like a monster from what I’ve seen.

It's the Antwan Odom/Albert Haynesworth/Michael Johnson fear. Guys that showed up on their contract year and never reaching that level once they secured the big bucks. Like you said we are tentative. Bengals fans more than most know how much a big money FA can be a let down.

I agree though. I'm quietly optimistic with Trey. I think his attitude and playing style has a high floor. So at the very least we get a productive player. The hope obviously is he can at least maintain the level he showed last year. 

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 03:52 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: It's the Antwan Odom/Albert Haynesworth/Michael Johnson fear. Guys that showed up on their contract year and never reaching that level once they secured the big bucks. Like you said we are tentative. Bengals fans more than most know how much a big money FA can be a let down.

I agree though. I'm quietly optimistic with Trey. I think his attitude and playing style has a high floor. So at the very least we get a productive player. The hope obviously is he can at least maintain the level he showed last year. 

I think he will be full go all the time. It's just who he is. I think much of the underwhelming feeling of gladness in getting him is just because so many wanted to resign Lawson. Personally, I think Trey is an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 03:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he will be full go all the time. It's just who he is. I think much of the underwhelming feeling of gladness in getting him is just because so many wanted to resign Lawson. Personally, I think Trey is an upgrade 
Heck, Ossai looked a heck of a lot like Lawson Saturday. For a moment I forgot Lawson wasn't here anymore.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 03:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he will be full go all the time. It's just who he is. I think much of the underwhelming feeling of gladness in getting him is just because so many wanted to resign Lawson. Personally, I think Trey is an upgrade.

I bet Trey is a big time upgrade over Lawson.

And I liked Lawson. Called him the Law.

(08-16-2021, 07:33 PM)Mer Wrote: Heck, Ossai looked a heck of a lot like Lawson Saturday. For a moment I forgot Lawson wasn't here anymore.

Cam Sample looks more like Lawson, Ossai is more like a prime Dunlap with more versatility and better discipline in his gaps.

Cam Sample also has these attributes, this guy is going to surprise but with out question Ossai was the dude I didn't expect to 
get. Thought Ossai would be taken as early as the late first round. Was astounded seeing him fall to us in the 3rd. Just wild man.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
Good watch and hope he keeps heat turned up high on QB's for Cincinnati as well, especially Big Ben
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone who claims Hendrickson just got sacks becuase of the guys he played with need to watch these highlights.

Sure, there are some where the pocket is collapsing and he finishes off the sack, but a player still has to get to the QB to finish no matter what the guys arund him are doing. But mainly they need to watch the plays where he just abuses guys one-on-one.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who claims Hendrickson just got sacks becuase of the guys he played with need to watch these highlights.

Sure, there are some where the pocket is collapsing and he finishes off the sack, but a player still has to get to the QB to finish no matter what the guys arund him are doing.  But mainly they need to watch the plays where he just abuses guys one-on-one.

Yep, most of those were unassisted. "He'll hit you with a bull, and if it doesn't work he'll just spin off it and go get the QB"  Hopefully Hubbard will pick up some of his techniques and improve that part of his game as well. 
Reply/Quote
Off to a good start here in Cincy. Just stay healthy & hungry.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who claims Hendrickson just got sacks becuase of the guys he played with need to watch these highlights.

Sure, there are some where the pocket is collapsing and he finishes off the sack, but a player still has to get to the QB to finish no matter what the guys arund him are doing.  But mainly they need to watch the plays where he just abuses guys one-on-one.

Yes and in his prime. I don't see a flash in the pan type of player here, Hendrickson could be a great player for us.

(08-17-2021, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, most of those were unassisted. "He'll hit you with a bull, and if it doesn't work he'll just spin off it and go get the QB"  Hopefully Hubbard will pick up some of his techniques and improve that part of his game as well. 

I can see this happening, so cool.
Reply/Quote
In related news, Carl Lawson was carted off at Jets practice today with a left leg injury. One thing that I felt a lot of people overlooked in the Lawson-Hendrickson debate was Carl's injury history. Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks, but the Bengals were smart not to pony up that kind of cash for a guy with his history.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: In related news, Carl Lawson was carted off at Jets practice today with a left leg injury.  One thing that I felt a lot of people overlooked in the Lawson-Hendrickson debate was Carl's injury history.  Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks, but the Bengals were smart not to pony up that kind of cash for a guy with his history.

early report is its an Achilles injury...  Which will be ruff 

wish the guy the best.. Jets taking over as the most snakebitten team ?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: In related news, Carl Lawson was carted off at Jets practice today with a left leg injury.  One thing that I felt a lot of people overlooked in the Lawson-Hendrickson debate was Carl's injury history.  Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks, but the Bengals were smart not to pony up that kind of cash for a guy with his history.

I hope it is not serious, hate for any player to suffer major injuries. Hmmm...OK, except for a few Steeler's players.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: One thing that I felt a lot of people overlooked in the Lawson-Hendrickson debate was Carl's injury history.  

Actually that was the first point I made every time I entered the debate.

I really liked Lawson, and I was constantly defending him against fans who claimed he was not valuable because he "could not finish".  When we signed Hendrickson I said that I don't know if he is more talented than Carl, but we just could not give a giant long-term deal to a guy with an injury history like Lawson.  He was even injured a lot in college with one of them costing him an entire season.

I actually hoped Lawson would stay healthy and play well for the Jets, but he looks like another Tyler Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually that was the first point I made every time I entered the debate.

I really liked Lawson, and I was constantly defending him against fans who claimed he was not valuable because he "could not finish".  When we signed Hendrickson I said that I don't know if he is more talented than Carl, but we just could not give a giant long-term deal to a guy with an injury history like Lawson.  He was even injured a lot in college with one of them costing him an entire season.

I actually hoped Lawson would stay healthy and play well for the Jets, but he looks like another Tyler Eifert.

I was one of the posters who argued with you about Carl not finishing… when he does finish he tends to get injured… *shrug*
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually that was the first point I made every time I entered the debate.

I actually posted his injuries and dates he suffered them, and pointed out he was on schedule to be injured again this year. It suks for him, he's a great player, but he can't stay on the field. 
Reply/Quote
I found it interesting that DJ Reader said Hendrickson is the only Defensive lineman that plays without gloves and plays at a high level.
Reply/Quote