Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson update
(01-19-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When asked for a comment on his progress Hendrickson said, "I am Batman."

I literally just showed this commercial to my wife yesterday. I always say that when I see a player take a blow to the head. She asked me why. 1996 Snickers commercial lol it always stuck with me. She got a laugh out of the commercial. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:19 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I literally just showed this commercial to my wife yesterday. I always say that when I see a player take a blow to the head. She asked me why. 1996 Snickers commercial lol it always stuck with me. She got a laugh out of the commercial. 

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Prob a stupid question but how far along is Ossai? He was hurt in PS game 1 or 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:25 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Prob a stupid question but how far along is Ossai? He was hurt in PS game 1 or 2.

He would be playing right now if not for the rules. Heard he is healthy but he cannot play.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:41 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I guess it's fine if he makes a small trip to Memphis, just as long as he's in Nashville by 4:30 PM EST/3:30 CST on Saturday.

Didn't catch that the first time around lol
Reply/Quote
I'm only gonna say this once to the rest of you window dreaming students.. You know who you are..You majored in "What's that outside on the playground?" during important subjects they way I was brought up..
Yey..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He would be playing right now if not for the rules. Heard he is healthy but he cannot play.

Thought they changed around the way players go on IR? Maybe we designated him for season long? Even then I thought you could return for the playoffs as it is post season
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:38 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Thought they changed around the way players go on IR? Maybe we designated him for season long? Even then I thought you could return for the playoffs as it is post season

I think to be eligible to return they have to be on the original 53
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:38 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Thought they changed around the way players go on IR? Maybe we designated him for season long? Even then I thought you could return for the playoffs as it is post season

There is a rule about IR'ing someone before the season starts where they cannot play the entire season including the Playoffs.

I don't go into specifics but I have heard about it on here forever as I have kept asking this question myself as I love Ossai.

Stupid rule anyways, needs to be done for next season. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is a rule about IR'ing someone before the season starts where they cannot play the entire season including the Playoffs.

I don't go into specifics but I have heard about it on here forever as I have kept asking this question myself as I love Ossai.

Stupid rule anyways, needs to be done for next season. Whatever
Yeah I had a hard time obeying the injury rules in Madden. He may have slipped in some games. Hahahaha
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fantastic news. Goes without saying that we need this guy. He's probably the MVP of the defense.

Easily the most important player on D.  Without him we get virtually zero passrush.  His presence lets the other 3 do their thing and contain the run and keep QB in pocket. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:30 PM)thNate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't catch that the first time around lol

I really need to stop drinking in the afternoon Smirk  or maybe I should start drinking in the afternoon  Nervous

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If both Hendrickson and Tupou are good to go Saturday...

[Image: yes-oh-yes.gif]

haha love me some good ol' SNL
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Having Trey back (fingers crossed) will be huge. Some in the media keep bringing up Joe being sacked 51 times, but Tannehill is right behind him at 47 (including 14 in his last 5 games). They haven't really brought that up though.

Of course they skip over their sacks allowed lol.

Oddly enough Tannehill threw 11 more passes than Burrow too. 

But Burrow threw for 877 more yds and 13 more TD's and both QB's had 14 INT's each. 

But we must slow their rushing attack somewhat or it could be a long day. 

Trey being available will really help apply pressure to Tannehill though and that's a good thing 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For anyone who hasn't seen it:

Damn that was a classic.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:19 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I literally just showed this commercial to my wife yesterday. I always say that when I see a player take a blow to the head. She asked me why. 1996 Snickers commercial lol it always stuck with me. She got a laugh out of the commercial. 

During the game my Dad asked if I saw the Hendrickson leave the game and I said "no, maybe he went into the protocal because he was telling people on the sideline...I'm Batman"

Commercial really stuck with us 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Titans update: Janoris Jenkins missed practice because of his ankle.

Would be great news if he missed this game, or was limited.  Cool
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:48 PM)pally Wrote: I really need to stop drinking in the afternoon Smirk  or maybe I should start drinking in the afternoon  Nervous

You are awesome Pally. Memphis Tigers are one of my fave college football teams ha ha

I always drink in the afternoon, keeps me sharper lol
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 09:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Of course they skip over their sacks allowed lol.

Oddly enough Tannehill threw 11 more passes than Burrow too. 

But Burrow threw for 877 more yds and 13 more TD's and both QB's had 14 INT's each. 

But we must slow their rushing attack somewhat or it could be a long day. 

Trey being available will really help apply pressure to Tannehill though and that's a good thing 

Actually might be a good day to limit Trey's snaps early anyways and have Sample or Kareem playing his spot on running downs.

These guys are good run stoppers at End. Trey is just an unbelievable pass rusher. Maybe the best in the NFL, not joking.

And there is a reason he doesn't wear gloves, it works.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:41 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I guess it's fine if he makes a small trip to Memphis, just as long as he's in Nashville by 4:30 PM EST/3:30 CST on Saturday.

Everyone has to visit Graceland at least once.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote