Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herbert just signed for 52 mil per year average
No details yethttps://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-justin-herbert-reach-agreement-on-five-year-extension-worth-262-5-million-per-report/
Reply/Quote
This makes me think we will see Burrow around $53MM-$54MM per year.
Reply/Quote
5 years, 218 million guaranteed is now the floor.
Reply/Quote
It's 5 years $262.5
Reply/Quote
Justin Herbert just signed his extension for five years at 262.5 million, so you'd have to believe that Joey's not far behind.

Quote:Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers have agreed to a massive long-term extension that will make him the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL by average salary, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported on Tuesday.
Herbert is signing a five-year, $262.5 million deal, which just slightly surpasses Lamar Jackson's April extension with the Ravens in terms of total money and average salary per year.
The new deal is set to run through the 2029 NFL season. The Chargers subsequently announced the extension.
Herbert will receive $218.7 million in guarantees in his new deal.

I'd give Burrow 218.7 mil in guarantees without thinking twice, so let's hope that he uses that as a base.

Quote:The Chargers are 25-24 with Herbert starting. They made the playoffs last season but blew a 27-0 lead in an eventual 31-30 wild-card loss to the Jaguars.
This contract will have ripple effects around the NFL. It should give the Bengals and fellow 2020 NFL Draft classmate Joe Burrow a target zone, money-wise, for their own negotiations, and it wouldn't be stunning if Burrow surpassed Herbert's financial numbers if and when he and the Bengals can come together on their own deal.

We're obviously a lot better than them record-wise and that blown lead in the playoffs had to cost him a lot of money.

This gives me hope that Joey's will get done soon and, if I'm Joey, I'm pissed and I'm looking at the longer-term type deal that Mahomes got because I think Herbert set the bar too low.
Reply/Quote
There was a thread on this earlier but for some reason it got moved to "Around The NFL"
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Herbert-just-signed-for-52-mil-per-year-average
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 08:55 PM)BengalBob Wrote: It's 5 years $262.5

Easy peasy, Burrow 6 years $262.6 million right?
Reply/Quote
If Mahommes was negotiating i may take less as a mind game MAYBE. But naw. I’m getting paid more than Herbert. Eff that.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 09:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Justin Herbert just signed his extension for five years at 262.5 million, so you'd have to believe that Joey's not far behind.

I'd give Burrow 218.7 mil in guarantees without thinking twice, so let's hope that he uses that as a base.

We're obviously a lot better than them record-wise and that blown lead in the playoffs had to cost him a lot of money.

This gives me hope that Joey's will get done soon and, if I'm Joey, I'm pissed and I'm looking at the longer-term type deal that Mahomes got because I think Herbert set the bar too low.

I think Joe is perfectly content watching lesser QBs reset the market. Each time it happens his floor gets pushed up that much more.
Reply/Quote
what a massive contract for Herbert. Great for him.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Everybody is saying "Good for Justin" and then immediately pivots to what it means for Joe and the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Three years with nothing to show for it equals 1/4 billion dollars?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Looking at one breakdown, it seems Herbert’s initial guaranteed money is $133 million.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Smart move by Chargers, after three years Herbert is in the top tier of QBs . Still surprised they keep Staley, he is on the hot seat this year, they don;t fix their defense, he will be out the door
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 10:35 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Smart move by Chargers, after three years Herbert is in the top tier of QBs

I’m not even a Herbert fan and 100% agree.

It’s hard to dismiss his value and competitiveness.

He is no Burrow or Mahomes but inarguably top tier all long.

Most Teams would appreciate having him vs their current QB’s.

Dude is rock solid and a threat.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 10:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m not even a Herbert fan and 100% agree.

It’s hard to dismiss his value and competitiveness.

He is no Burrow or Mahomes but inarguably top tier all long.

Most Teams would appreciate having him vs their current QB’s.

Dude is rock solid and a threat.

I think he is going to help us this year , they have battled KC with Herbert and last year lost on last possession in each of the games and before that lost in OT in 2021.. they are due for at least 1 wins vs KC
Reply/Quote
The most sustainably competitive team will be the one that drafts a 1st round qb every 5 years and lets them walk in free agency.

The two highest paid WR combined make Herbert's yearly average.

Highest paid DE/OLB and highest paid safety make less than that.

The two highest paid TEs and the highest paid RB make less than $60 mill a year. Substitue highest paid RB with the 10th highest paid RB and the total drops to the price of one Herbert.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 10:35 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Smart move by Chargers, after three years Herbert is in the top tier of QBs . Still surprised they keep Staley, he is on the hot seat this year, they don;t fix their defense, he will be out the door

Yes, smart move by the Chargers in getting Herbert signed, dumb move keeping Staley around. That guy is a bad coach.

He finds ways to lose games he is that bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 12:41 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think he is going to help us this year , they have battled KC with Herbert and last year lost on last possession in each of the games and before that lost in OT in 2021.. they are due for at least 1 wins vs KC

I sure hope so!
Reply/Quote