Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here Is What Is Wrong With Bengals
After Thursday Night Game on NFL Network they interviewed Mayfield and announcers brought up No Spring Practices, No Preseason. Mayfield said it did take away time to work on things.

This is what I've been saying all along. That 2019 Powers like the Chiefs or Ravens have their Identity and didn't need Spring Camp or Preseason as much. A 6 win team like Browns needed it more. A 2 win team like Bengals were the last team able to miss Spring Camp and Preseason.

So the Biggest thing Wrong with the Bengals is no Spring Camps and no Preseason Games.

So to all those on here wanting to Fire everybody, You couldn't be more wrong.

The 2 win worst team Bengals of 2019 did play Chargers close on Sunday and Browns close on Thursday. Bengals are forced to work on weak areas in games they could not as normal.

The Biggest Weak Area is still the Offensive Line, but it takes game reps for 5 blockers to come together as 1 moving force. Jonah just played his first 2 games ever here. This O Line should get better with each week and IT NEEDS TO. If Burrow IS to be the FUTURE of Bengals, they need to stop having him get clobbered every play. He has taken a years worth of hard hits already.

I did NOT expect the turnaround of the O Line or Defense over night. No Spring Camps and no Preseason hurt totally rebuilding Bengals of NEW DEY more than any NFL Team.

The Bengals played Chargers and Browns close, I'm not complaining. The Bengals should get better in all areas each week now. Will they be a Super Bowl Power in 2020, of course not. The O Line more than anybody has to get better each week or they will get Burrow killed and you can kiss good-bye the FUTURE of this team.

So many on here want everybody fired and that is silly. It is silly because you are NOT looking at Covid no Spring Camps, no Preseason. Again, The Super Bowl Chiefs or Ravens already are POWERS. The Bengals are in a complete Rebuild. Some of you want to Blow Up the Rebuild after 5 days and 2 games and start a new Rebuild. You have to be more patient. You are not going to get this Rebuild quick and fast like ordering a fast food hamburger or taco. If patients isn't your thing, tough. Practice makes Perfect and these new players due to Covid are just now getting first game reps together.

I am glad NFL Network announcers pointed out things tonight I've mentioned on here. Some may not like it, but the Biggest problem with this team is Covid forced them to miss Spring Camp and Preseason. All they can do is try to improve and come together as a team more and more each week. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Thanks Obama. Sad

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You have a TL;DR version?

Reply/Quote
You lost me after Network....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:58 AM)kevin Wrote: After Thursday Night Game on NFL Network they interviewed Mayfield and announcers brought up No Spring Practices, No Preseason. Mayfield said it did take away time to work on things.

This is what I've been saying all along. That 2019 Powers like the Chiefs or Ravens have their Identity and didn't need Spring Camp or Preseason as much. A 6 win team like Browns needed it more. A 2 win team like Bengals were the last team able to miss Spring Camp and Preseason.

So the Biggest thing Wrong with the Bengals is no Spring Camps and no Preseason Games.

The 2 win worst team Bengals of 2019 did play Chargers close on Sunday and Browns close on Thursday. Bengals are forced to work on weak areas in games they could not as normal.

The Biggest Weak Area is still the Offensive Line, but it takes game reps for 5 blockers to come together as 1 moving force. Jonah just played his first 2 games ever here. This O Line should get better with each week and IT NEEDS TO. If Burrow IS to be the FUTURE of Bengals, they need to stop having him get clobbered every play. He has taken a years worth of hard hits already.

I did NOT expect the turnaround of the O Line or Defense over night. No Spring Camps and no Preseason hurt totally rebuilding Bengals of NEW DEY more than any NFL Team.

The Bengals played Chargers and Browns close, I'm not complaining. The Bengals should get better in all areas each week now. Will they be a Super Bowl Power in 2020, of course not. The O Line more than anybody has to get better each week or they will get Burrow killed and you can kiss good-bye the FUTURE of this team.

So many on here want everybody fired and that is silly. It is silly because you are NOT looking at Covid no Spring Camps, no Preseason. Again, The Super Bowl Chiefs or Ravens already are POWERS. The Bengals are in a complete Rebuild. Some of you want to Blow Up the Rebuild after 5 days and 2 games and start a new Rebuild. You have to be more patient. You are not going to get this Rebuild quick and fast like ordering a fast food hamburger or taco. If patients isn't your thing, tough. Practice makes Perfect and these new players due to Covid are just now getting first game reps together.

I am glad NFL Network announcers pointed out things tonight I've mentioned on here. Some may not like it, but the Biggest problem with this team is Covid forced them to miss Spring Camp and Preseason. All they can do is try to improve and come together as a team more and more each week. GO BENGALS.

The scheme was terrible on defense...playcalling was horrendous...

Coaching decisions to keep underperforming players from last season in the starting lineup is inexcusable. Tackling, or lack of is down right disgusting. Expecting an inexperienced coaching staff to oversee an overhaul and expect anything other than failure is just downright delusional. Not only is it an inexperienced coaching staff, they are absolutely undeserving of the positions they have. Not a single one of them have anything near qualifying on their NFL resume that qualifies them to be in the positions they are.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:13 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: The scheme was terrible on defense...playcalling was horrendous...

Coaching decisions to keep underperforming players from last season in the starting lineup is inexcusable. Tackling, or lack of is down right disgusting. Expecting an inexperienced coaching staff to oversee an overhaul and expect anything other than failure is just downright delusional. Not only is it an inexperienced coaching staff, they are absolutely undeserving of the positions they have. Not a single one of them have anything near qualifying on their NFL resume that qualifies them to be in the positions they are.

Honestly Simmons and Tuner are probably the only qualified coaches on this staff. And Tuner sucks...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:13 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: The scheme was terrible on defense...playcalling was horrendous...

Coaching decisions to keep underperforming players from last season in the starting lineup is inexcusable.  Tackling, or lack of is down right disgusting.  Expecting an inexperienced coaching staff to oversee an overhaul and expect anything other than failure is just downright delusional.  Not only is it an inexperienced coaching staff, they are absolutely undeserving of the positions they have.  Not a single one of them have anything near qualifying on their NFL resume that qualifies them to be in the positions they are.

To be fair, what choice do they really have??

The front office didn't sign anyone that they could use to replace Hart.

XSF, used him and he is hurt. 

Fred Johnson, looked worse then Hart out there tonight when he played G.

Price has never developed...

Who are they supposed to run out there over Hart??? That is my biggest complaint, we signed Reader, and Bell and Alexander and great.... all that is great but they still ignored the biggest weakness on the team. 

Problem is... Tobin isn't getting fired.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To be fair, what choice do they really have??

Who are they supposed to run out there over Hart??? That is my biggest complaint, we signed Reader, and Bell and Alexander and great.... all that is great but they still ignored the biggest weakness on the team. 

Why wasn’t the OL addressed more in the draft though? You can’t tell me ZT doesn’t have a say in that. He’s had arguably more control here in his first couple seasons than Marvin seemingly ever did.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To be fair, what choice do they really have??

It’s a combination...talent will punch your ticket to the playoffs...coaching gets you a win. Right now there’s a lack of both. The issue is how the franchise is run. Always has been. Overpaying good character guys on the team who are average performers and overpaying guys who have benefitted from having good players around them. Mike Brown just cannot go out and get a big name coach with any record of being a winner. It’s just not his style.

I hate to say it but Marvin Lewis was probably our best chance to win in the postseason but because of Mike Browns philosophy of building solely from the draft and signing trash heap free agents, pissed away any chance we ever had.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why wasn’t the OL addressed more in the draft though? You can’t tell me ZT doesn’t have a say in that. He’s had arguably more control here in his first couple seasons than Marvin seemingly ever did.

Coaches, QBs, you name it, since 1991 we have gone through all sorts of players and coaches. None of it has resulted in playoff success.

No matter how much "control" a coach has, there is still the absolute control of the owner who thinks he knows football like his Dad and pays himself to be the GM. Until this team gets away from the nickel and dime manner of operations and hires a scouting staff that is competitive with the league average and hires a GM that isn't in the family and actually makes a real commitment to winning, this is the results. 

If they can't get their shit together, I just hope the County is smart enough to play hard ball with the lease agreement and let Mike Brown be someone else's problem.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:24 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Coaches, QBs, you name it, since 1991 we have gone through all sorts of players and coaches. None of it has resulted in playoff success.

No matter how much "control" a coach has, there is still the absolute control of the owner who thinks he knows football like his Dad and pays himself to be the GM. Until this team gets away from the nickel and dime manner of operations and hires a scouting staff that is competitive with the league average and hires a GM that isn't in the family and actually makes a real commitment to winning, this is the results. 

If they can't get their shit together, I just hope the County is smart enough to play hard ball with the lease agreement and let Mike Brown be someone else's problem.

[Image: giphy.gif]

At least Marvin could get us there. Zac Taylor will never sniff the playoffs at this rate. He’s been out coached two games in a row now. We can can talk about the Chargers pass rush, or the Browns run game, etc, but where is this young offensive genius we supposedly hired? Cause I haven’t seen it yet. He’s not calling terrible games or anything, but they haven’t been particularly inspiring either.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Problem is... Tobin isn't getting fired.

He's going to keep tormenting us with first round corners until the end of time.  Maybe he's just sick enough to take a RB in round 2 next year and trot him out there at RG as a display of his dominance over the ownership and fans.  I see his big board for next year's draft already and it goes like this: CB, CB, CB, CB, CB, WR, RB, CB, CB, CB, CB, WR, RB, RB, CB, CB, CB, CB...
Reply/Quote
The problem is the head coach. 2-16.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have a TL;DR version?

Cliff Notes recap: Everything is fine. Nothing to worry about. We’ll keep getting better. Trust the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:58 AM)kevin Wrote: After Thursday Night Game on NFL Network they interviewed Mayfield and announcers brought up No Spring Practices, No Preseason.  Mayfield said it did take away time to work on things.  

This is what I've been saying all along.   That 2019 Powers like the Chiefs or Ravens have their Identity and didn't need Spring Camp or Preseason as much.  A 6 win team like Browns needed it more.  A 2 win team like Bengals were the last team able to miss Spring Camp and Preseason.  

The 2 win worst team Bengals of 2019 did play Chargers close on Sunday and Browns close on Thursday.  Bengals are forced to work on weak areas in games they could not as normal.  

The Biggest Weak Area is still the Offensive Line, but it takes game reps for 5 blockers to come together as 1 moving force.  Jonah just played his first 2 games ever here.  This O Line should get better with each week and IT NEEDS TO.  If Burrow IS to be the FUTURE of Bengals, they need to stop having him get clobbered every play.  He has taken a years worth of hard hits already.

I did NOT expect the turnaround of the O Line or Defense over night.  No Spring Camps and no Preseason hurt totally rebuilding Bengals of NEW DEY more than any NFL Team.  

The Bengals played Chargers and Browns close, I'm not complaining.  The Bengals should get better in all areas each week now.  Will they be a Super Bowl Power in 2020, of course not.  The O Line more than anybody has to get better each week or they will get Burrow killed and you can kiss good-bye the FUTURE of this team.  

So many on here want everybody fired and that is silly.  It is silly because you are NOT looking at Covid no Spring Camps, no Preseason.  Again, The Super Bowl Chiefs or Ravens already are POWERS.  The Bengals are in a complete Rebuild.  Some of you want to Blow Up the Rebuild after 5 days and 2 games and start a new Rebuild.  You have to be more patient.  You are not going to get this Rebuild quick and fast like ordering a fast food hamburger or taco. If patients isn't your thing, tough.   Practice makes Perfect and these new players due to Covid are just now getting first game reps together.  

I am glad NFL Network announcers pointed out things tonight I've mentioned on here.  Some may not like it, but the Biggest problem with this team is Covid forced them to miss Spring Camp and Preseason.  All they can do is try to improve and come together as a team more and more each week.  GO BENGALS.

Love the optimism.  Hate the same old story...excuses.  Sorry, bud.  The Bengals have talent but get nothing out of it.  That isn't because of a lack of coaching time, that is because of a lack of knowledge of what to do.  
Reply/Quote
What’s wrong with Bengals??? For starters,I’m afraid Mr.Zac isn’t Head Coach material.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love the optimism.  Hate the same old story...excuses.  Sorry, bud.  The Bengals have talent but get nothing out of it.  That isn't because of a lack of coaching time, that is because of a lack of knowledge of what to do.  

If you've ever played a team sport at a rather high level you'd understand that many points he makes are correct. Talent alone doesn't get you shit. You have to have coaching and you have to have an identity. These 1st 2 games for a team with a huge issue on the OL from last year along with several new players are basically their pre-season games.

Cleveland has an overall better team than Cinci. They came off an embarrassing loss. Better players overall with good coaching along with intensity and desire will get you a W. 
Reply/Quote
The problem with the Bengals is that they don't have enough good players. It's really pretty simple.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It's pretty early in the season for me to use this, but tradition is tradition.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforgifs.com%2Fgallery%2F...f=1&nofb=1]

Also, this line is just as bad as several of us said. If Burrow survives the season, they need to draft line first and sign some people.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:53 AM)higgy100 Wrote: If you've ever played a team sport at a rather high level you'd understand that many points he makes are correct. Talent alone doesn't get you shit. You have to have coaching and you have to have an identity. These 1st 2 games for a team with a huge issue on the OL from last year along with several new players are basically their pre-season games.

Cleveland has an overall better team than Cinci. They came off an embarrassing loss. Better players overall with good coaching along with intensity and desire will get you a W. 

Abso-freakin-lutely. 

The 2002 Bengals went 2-14. We hired ML, drafted Palmer #1 (but didn't play him), drafted Steinbach in round 2, din't sign any noteworthy FAs IIRC ... and went 8-8. 

Same talent, vastly superior outcome.
Reply/Quote