Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here We Are.
I thought Brown looked fine last night. Clew Harris struggled especially in ground support.

I wonder why we moved Dre to RCB when Pacman didn't play, we don't rotate our DBs.

Nuge looked better that the competition

Eric Winston held his own at RT

I like Will Clarke getting salty with the ex-Steeler

Zampese seems more concerned with execution where as Hue liked gadgets. not saying one is better that the other

McCarron could compete for the starting gig on a handful of teams
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did not get to watch the game, but from the highlights it seemed as though our 1's were on the mark. I'm just hoping we get healthy in time for the season opener.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I'm honestly kind of shocked that a team like the 49ers hasn't inquired about McCarron.

They're starting Blaine Gabbert for goodness sake.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm honestly kind of shocked that a team like the 49ers hasn't inquired about McCarron.

Maybe they have? We wouldn't know, and Mikey is a tough salesman. Probably have received calls just haven't had any likeable offers. You would have to offer us a lot.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm honestly kind of shocked that a team like the 49ers hasn't inquired about McCarron.

Mike Brown and Co. aren't going to release any info on something like a potential trade just from the standpoint that it could drive the value down. That's how they operate.

Also, the 49ers rolling with Gabbert doesn't surprise me. It's a team run by Jed York, Trent Baalke, and Chip Kelly. None of them are known for smart decision making.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
  • Thought Shawn Williams' coverage was soft and he bit badly on Yelton's cut outside. 
  • I'd like to have seen Ryan Brown in earlier in the game.  I like the way he and David Dean played, but DE is the greater need
  • Derron Smith is a really good player
  • Uzomah is definitely improving
  • Core and Erickson are really good players, though I think Core gets called for OPI in the regular season - at least if we're playing the Steelers.  Not sure how we work out the logistics to get Erickson on the team but he needs to be on the 46.  He's only going to get better.
  • I like Zampeze's play calling.  Nifty plays without too many bells and whistles.  I think he and Andy are going to develop a great chemistry over the year.  Zampeze's not the player guru that Hue is, but he seems to have plenty of substance
  • Bodine looks better.   Hopefully the young tackles return and make some steady progress.
  • Back up O-line was scary bad.  But there were some injuries.  Feel bad for Licata
  • Maualuga looked great.  If he stays healthy he'll could be special by the time he gets himself into top shape... half way through the season
  • They're giving Hunt every opportunity to earn a spot.  I'm still waiting for him to grow into his NFL pants.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 03:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Some people have been down on Clarke but I've really liked what I've seen from him this preseason. He is a BIG man, and damn, did you see him fly down the field and get his hands on that pass? Didn't expect that out of the big guy. I think he is on the rise.

I was one of them that was down on Clarke.

I am with you, dude looks good out there. Great to see.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:28 PM)3wt Wrote:
  • Thought Shawn Williams' coverage was soft and he bit badly on Yelton's cut outside. 
  • I'd like to have seen Ryan Brown in earlier in the game.  I like the way he and David Dean played, but DE is the greater need
  • Core and Erickson are really good players, though I think Core gets called for OPI in the regular season - at least if we're playing the Steelers.  Not sure how we work out the logistics to get Erickson on the team but he needs to be on the 46.  He's only going to get better.
  • I like Zampeze's play calling.  Nifty plays without too many bells and whistles.  I think he and Andy are going to develop a great chemistry over the year.  Zampeze's not the player guru that Hue is, but he seems to have plenty of substance
  • Bodine looks better.   Hopefully the young tackles return and make some steady progress.
  • Back up O-line was scary bad.  But there were some injuries.  Feel bad for Licata
  • Maualuga looked great.  If he stays healthy he'll could be special by the time he gets himself into top shape... half way through the season
  • They're giving Hunt every opportunity to earn a spot.  I'm still waiting for him to grow into his NFL pants.

Agree with just about everything said here. 

Sure wish our young tackles were healthy and getting reps right now though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure wish our young tackles were healthy and getting reps right now though. 

Yeah, big opportunity for both of them to develop, and I'm pretty nervous about the Jets' front 7.

If the interior of the line (Bodine) holds up, though, I think we'll do OK.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:40 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, big opportunity for both of them to develop, and I'm pretty nervous about the Jets' front 7.

If the interior of the line (Bodine) holds up, though, I think we'll do OK.

Yep, Bodine has looked better this preseason. 

But the Jets will be the "tell" for his progress. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, Bodine has looked better this preseason. 

But the Jets will be the "tell" for his progress. 

They will definitely look better if receivers are getting open, that's what I am mostly worried about. Lots of question marks going into this season, but for some weird reason I feel really good about all of them. I think its the faith in Andy Dalton haha.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed. Looked like either something was held up or Andy rushed the throw (yes, due to pressure), because that was indeed a beauty play if executed.

He's looked better than Kroft did at any point last year, not to mention his blocking is actually miles ahead of what was advertised.

Please elaborate; how was he so bad tonight?

I also think Uzi's blocking was outstanding against the Jags.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Mike Brown and Co. aren't going to release any info on something like a potential trade just from the standpoint that it could drive the value down. That's how they operate.

Also, the 49ers rolling with Gabbert doesn't surprise me. It's a team run by Jed York, Trent Baalke, and Chip Kelly. None of them are known for smart decision making.

Well, to be fair, Kelly wasn't there when they invested in (and are now stuck with) Colin Kaepernick.  That is a huge cap hit if released and a boat anchor on the roster. 

Is it just me or does he also look like he spent the offseason at a crack house?  He looks to have lost about 25 lbs of muscle.  He was build like Terrell Owens before and now looks like a strung-out crackhead.  Quit roids?  Curious. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, to be fair, Kelly wasn't there when they invested in (and are now stuck with) Colin Kaepernick.  That is a huge cap hit if released and a boat anchor on the roster. 

Is it just me or does he also look like he spent the offseason at a crack house?  He looks to have lost about 25 lbs of muscle.  He was build like Terrell Owens before and now looks like a strung-out crackhead.  Quit roids?  Curious. 

Apparently Colin has switched to a vegan diet.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Is it just me or does he also look like he spent the offseason at a crack house? 

It's just you that looks like you spent the offseason at a crack house.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Apparently Colin has switched to a vegan diet.

Giving up most of the tastiest food there is could piss a guy off from time to time.

Do ex-QB's have as much of a platform?  Cuz, as soon as this season ends, that's what he'll be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:28 PM)3wt Wrote:

Well said, every word.   With Hunt, I want to see him throwing guys around, busting into backfields, playing like he looks like he should.  Haven't seen it, even against second teamers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: Giving up most of the tastiest food there is could piss a guy off from time to time.

Do ex-QB's have as much of a platform?  Cuz, as soon as this season ends, that's what he'll be.

Won't much matter, he's made enough money to be set for life, if he's managed that money well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 03:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Brown looked fine last night. Clew Harris struggled especially in ground support.

I wonder why we moved Dre to RCB when Pacman didn't play, we don't rotate our DBs.

Nuge looked better that the competition

Eric Winston held his own at RT

I like Will Clarke getting salty with the ex-Steeler

Zampese seems more concerned with execution where as Hue liked gadgets. not saying one is better that the other

McCarron could compete for the starting gig on a handful of teams

If you had a good team around him, could you win a SB with AJM?

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's just you that looks like you spent the offseason at a crack house.

Really?  There aren't many men my age that have my build.  I hardly look like I have been at a crack house.  I did visit your mom at one, though.
Reply/Quote