Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here .. argue and fight over this one .....
from what I have seen, as the year has digressed, I think Alex Erickson has deserved a second year at KR.

He was raw and an UFA. He has learned and been willing to learn.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: from what I have seen, as the year has digressed, I think Alex Erickson has deserved a second year at KR.

He was raw and an UFA.  He has learned and been willing to learn.

he does lead the league in return yards! well deserved!

Reply/Quote
Erikson should be our return guy next year and in the future. I agree he is getting better.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Erickson is making people look silly for jumping the gun with the "I miss Tate" BS.

He's been a bright spot for sure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Best move ever replacing Tate with Ericson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: from what I have seen, as the year has digressed, I think Alex Erickson has deserved a second year at KR.

He was raw and an UFA.  He has learned and been willing to learn.

Agree,and he had a really nice day.
Reply/Quote
He's had some really nice catches as well....
Reply/Quote
Undoubtedly he should be the man moving forward.
Reply/Quote
He started out rough, but has come along. I mean he is a rookie after all.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 10:22 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He started out rough, but has come along. I mean he is a rookie after all.

EXACTLY!  Like I said before, so many here want perfection.  This is the NFL. That's what Boomer said and he pointed to Carolina and Arizona as an example!  One of the things Boomer has said that does make sense and I agree with.
Reply/Quote
No argument here....I was for the switch, and the kid has delivered.  It took him a while to get up to game speed, but he is there now, and he's not a bad player when he gets snaps at WR......one of the few bright spots this season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 12:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Erickson is making people look silly for jumping the gun with the "I miss Tate" BS.

He's been a bright spot for sure.

Agreed. It was a rough start, but he's doing a great job and those "I miss Tate" people need to get over it.

For people wondering

Here are his KR stats:

Returns: 24
Yards: 689 (2nd in league)
Avg. 28.71 (3rd in league)
Longest: 84 yards

Oh, and for the Tate crowd

Returns: 25
Yards: 560 (7th in league)
Avg: 22.4 (8th in league)
Longest: 45 yards
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's had some really nice catches as well....

Yeah, that's what I am surprised about. He's looked much better than James Wright as a WR, but they keep trying to force Wright the ball. Wright made that really impressive catch yesterday, but it was only for like what, 4 yards? Dude lost all his speed and explosiveness from the microfracture surgery.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Looks like he has figured some things out and is starting to really be getting some good yardage on Kickoffs.

One thing though is he is still pretty bad on Punt Returns, think he is getting like 8-9 yards on avg which is pretty decent but I still think he lets too many of them go and they end up costing us 10-15 yards, just run up and call a fair catch rather than clearing out and letting it roll for 15 yards.

Still he should be our return man next year for sure.
Reply/Quote
He started poorly (*hence the I miss Tate), but he has come around.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can't really imagine anyone argueing over that one.
Reply/Quote
Yep, hats off to Simmons and whoever had the foresight to see that Erickson would be a better player than Tate by next season.  It's too bad that two other potentially good players from this past draft had their seasons wiped out by injuries - this last rookie haul may turn out to be a good one but we have no way of knowing just yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:35 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Erikson should be our return guy next year and in the future. I agree he is getting better.

Nah. HE looked silly for a long stretch there. Obviously the coaches saw things in practice that inclined them to exercise some patience. From everything we saw, he looked terrible early on.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 08:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He started poorly (*hence the I miss Tate), but he has come around.

His poor start lasted a few games into his rookie season. Hence why I said some folks jumped the gun judging him. 

It's ok to be wrong sometimes. Those who jumped on the bash Erikson train too early were definitely wrong. Those who were patient and realized that a rookie may need time to acclimate were correct.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  His poor start lasted a few games into his rookie season. Hence why I said some folks jumped the gun judging him. 

It's ok to be wrong sometimes. Those who jumped on the bash Erikson train too early were definitely wrong. Those who were patient and realized that a rookie may need time to acclimate were correct.

Agree totally, I sometimes frequent the Bengalzone forum, and there was a few in there that said he had no business on a professional football field!!   Hilarious

Talk about jumping the gun!!!   Say What
Reply/Quote