Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here comes everything pumpkin.
Already starting to see commercials for pumpkin flavored beer and coffee. It seems like over the last couple of years people have gone overboard with everything pumpkin. Let's use this thread to keep a list.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Already starting to see commercials for pumpkin flavored beer and coffee.  It seems like over the last couple of years people have gone overboard with everything pumpkin.  Let's use this thread to keep a list.

You're a month or two too late. Pumpkin commercials, billboards, foods, and basically everything else have been out since mid summer.

It's like Black Friday. Stores started opening up earlier and earlier to compete to get the edge on competition and pretty soon "Black Friday sales" are going to start in October.

Pumpkin bullshit has been doing the same. Manufacturers that sell pumpkin flavored beer, coffee, and other foods are wanting to get their products out asap so it's now available starting around the end of July and running until sometime in December/January. Half of the year is engulfed in pumpkin shit now.
Reply/Quote
Havent found a pumpkin beer that i like...

Still down with the pie though.

really if its not pumpkin pie im probly not interested in it.
Reply/Quote
BEERS

"Pumpkin Down" a Scottish ale brewed by Ballast Point

"Southern Tier Pumpking" from Southern Tier

"Dry Dock Imperial Pumpkin Ale" from Dry Dock Brewing Company

"NoDa Gordgeous" from NoDa Brewing Company

"Seasonal Creep Chocolate Pumpkin Ale" and "Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin Ale" Cigar City Brewing Company

"Redhook Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter" Redhook Ale Brewery

"Great'ER Pumpkin" Heavy Seas Brewing Company

"Ichabod Pumpkin Ale" New Holland Brewing Company

"Post Road Pumpkin Ale" Brooklyn Brewery

"Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale" Weyerbacher Brewing Company

"Punk'In Drublic" Coronado Brewing Company

"Harvest Patch Shandy" Jacob Leinenkugal Brewing Company
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Havent found a pumpkin beer that i like...

Still down with the pie though.

really if its not pumpkin pie im probly not interested in it.

That's how i can tell if its a good pumpkin beer or not.  The more it tastes like eating a pumpkin pie, the better it is.  Some pumpkin beers i've had taste like if you would stick your head inside a pumpkin and take a big bite out of the center........ugh, that's not a good pumpkin beer. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That's how i can tell if its a good pumpkin beer or not.  The more it tastes like eating a pumpkin pie, the better it is.  

Have you seen bars rim the glasses with cinnamon and sugar when serving a pumpkin beer?

That is exactly the flavor they are going for.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:47 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Half of the year is engulfed in pumpkin shit now.

This struck me funny.  I hate being engulfed in pumpkin shit.  lol
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Fred, you can add Southern Tier Warlock and Fat Heads Spooky Tooth to the beer list.

I'm not the biggest expert on the style, but I've had a few Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin and some Spooky Tooth so far this year. Both are solid if you're in the mood for something like that.

I must say that I'm a sucker for a pumpkin latte once or twice when the cold weather comes. I feel like an overly tan, teenage white girl wearing furry boots and yoga pants when I order one though.
Reply/Quote
Fairgrounds - Brothers Craft Brewing in Harrisonburg's pumpkin ale this year
Boxcar - Starr Hill of Charlottesville's pumpkin porter (that is absolutely delicious)
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I must say that I'm a sucker for a pumpkin latte once or twice when the cold weather comes. I feel like an overly tan, teenage white girl wearing furry boots and yoga pants when I order one though.

We have Starbucks locations on campus an done of my favorite things to do here is to get in line behind all of these student ordering whatever in the hell they are ordering and just go up and say "large coffee, black." They don't even bother with correcting me on the size anymore because I don't care and they know it.

It doesn't happen often though because Starbucks coffee isn't that great and it's overpriced. I'd rather get it from Dunkin' than Starbucks. But I keep my own coffee at my desk most of the time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Colorado's new Pumpkin medium.  god bless this state

[Image: SGK-Pumpkin-Pie-300x300.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1799664573_e812915d4a.jpg?v=0]
Reply/Quote
Pumpkin? What's not to like? Bring it on. Pies, cookies, ice cream, lattes, every damn food and ebevarge possibility. Not a drinker, but if I were, I'd be done with the pumpkin ale, too.

Summer's over and Autumn's here. Deal.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Already starting to see commercials for pumpkin flavored beer and coffee.  It seems like over the last couple of years people have gone overboard with everything pumpkin.  Let's use this thread to keep a list.

[Image: pumpkin20butt_zpsvrpnv4mr.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Racetrack has this pumpkin coffee stuff that I really enjoy.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Racetrack has this pumpkin coffee stuff that I really enjoy.

What size Uggs do you wear?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:26 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What size Uggs do you wear?

They didn't label the be aisles by gender
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: They didn't label the be aisles by gender

So it took him longer to find them.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:26 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What size Uggs do you wear?

Haha I doubt they make them in my size.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha I doubt they make them in my size.

Oh I don't know about that.  They make them for infants now.   Smirk

Reply/Quote