Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's How Much Last Night's Performance Concerns Me
(08-25-2015, 06:26 PM)Ryuko Wrote: If we were filling the last spots, why did our starters play so long?

(08-25-2015, 07:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Marvin was counting snaps. Seemed like they were out there so long because well... they kept going 3 and out haha. Their snap count was low for how far in the game they were due to their inability to move the ball.

Yep.  Marvin said as much in his post game quotes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bengals sure pulled a lot of their regular season-grade crapfulness for a fake game, though.  I'd have an easier time swallowing this meaningless fake game had it not looked a bit like something of the real game variety.  Welp, next week Dalton will throw 4 TDs and apparently I'll be the one talking about how fake it is!
Par for the course...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote: When he plays well, of course his psyche is in a good place.  Did you really just ask that?

I'm talking about how quickly it can fall apart if a little bad happens.  And, so often, it starts with him and it grows and grows and takes him to a really shattered place.

The whole team sukked but no one else has coaches talking about we're expecting leadership from him.  No one else has the whole world saying the same thing about him.  Forty wins?  Great.  Four straight playoffs?  Also great.
But the legacy is made in the playoffs.

Everybody else has a chimp on their backs.  Andy has King Kong.

And look at what coaches have done.  Get rid of it quick.  No, extend plays.  Be a leader.  Do this, now do this.  It can crush a guy.  Especially a mild mannered good guy.  They've done everything but let him be him and find the best way to use that and let the chips fall where they may.

We'll see what happens the next time a thing or two go wrong.  It's not just an Andy thing.  It's a Bengal thing.  They have raised letting things go south to an art form.  It's their disease.  It's their Achilles Heel.  And the brightest light is pointed right at 14.  That's a lot to stand up to.

Holy friggin crap, that's a pretty detailed analysis of a guys psyche.  Are you a psychologist?  Licensed counselor?  Do you specialized in sports ego? 

What a serious load of crap you posted.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:53 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: It's ok when you bring play money.  Bengals did nothing last night because, frankly, they didn't have to.

Think about it.....only a few roster spots are up for grabs at the back end of the roster.  Starters are veteran players who understand what it takes to be ready for Oakland, when it actually means something.  What is the point in going out there and putting yourself at risk in a preseason game?  

I liken the Bengals now to the Colts of a few years ago.  Every year they would stink up the preseason, every year there would be stories, message board posts, TV analysts claiming their demise in eminent.  Never happened.  Why?  Because preseason games are completely useless for an established team.  

And, BTW, I would have posted the same thing last week after a "good" showing against New York.

I see your point here, but then why let the veterans play as much as they did then?  Put in the 2nd and 3rd string late in the 1st or early in the 2nd quarters and let them face the opponents 1st and 2nd string for the duration of the game. Why risk an injury (Lamurs Hamstring strain) to a starting player?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 04:29 PM)SFmajor Wrote: I see your point here, but then why let the veterans play as much as they did then?  Put in the 2nd and 3rd string late in the 1st or early in the 2nd quarters and let them face the opponents 1st and 2nd string for the duration of the game. Why risk an injury (Lamurs Hamstring strain) to a starting player?

I believe Marvin addressed this.  ML had a snap target for the first team offense.  Because of their poor play, it took well into the 2nd quarter to hit that number.

Not suggesting I agree with the philosophy but that is, I believe, how it was summarized.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:05 AM)Stewy Wrote: Holy friggin crap, that's a pretty detailed analysis of a guys psyche.  Are you a psychologist?  Licensed counselor?  Do you specialized in sports ego? 

What a serious load of crap you posted.

I have eyes and ears.  If you don't, that's on you.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:02 AM)Stewy Wrote: Par for the course...

wow.  You're in ***** mode.  Couldn't find a dog to kick?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote