Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's To A Good Game
My Ravens aren't playing their best ball and that's besides the KC debacle. We need as many good tests as possible. Got a chance to watch last week's Bengals game and believe there's some building blocks and true hope for the future. Burrow is the real deal.

Ravens are tough to figure out. Bright side is we're blowing teams out. The Cleveland win looks even better now. Bad side is we're not playing nearly as well as last year and still finding an identity. Some fans are freaking out a little in Baltimore but I think it's normal (especially this year) for a team to need time to perform at the top of its potential.

My opinion on some of the matchups and info on the Ravens...

Bengals run game- This is where Cincy needs to have some production. Aside from a few drives vs Cle, the Ravens run D has been very good. Campbell is as advertised. Brandon Williams is playing great. Wolfe was banged up but has been good. After the Titans playoff game last year this is the one aspect of the team that has me most encouraged.

Bengals pass game- Cincy can have success here but needs to limit mistakes. Bengals are one of the few teams that have a variety of types of effective WRs. They should avoid Humphrey at all costs and be very careful with Peters. Elliott has been very good replacing Earl Thomas. Good TEs give us problems but Cincy doesn't have anyone that scares me. Our pass rush is underwhelming. So far we've had to blitz to get pressure. Will be interesting to see how Burrow reads our blitzes. He's smart but needs to protect himself.

Ravens run game- It hasn't been to last year's record setting level but is still very good. It seems like our coaches know what we have here and are focusing on developing the pass game, especially in the first half. Edwards has been our best RB. Dobbins isn't seeing the field as much as most Ravens fans want. Reader gave our interior Oline some problems and Atkins always plays well against us, so it'd be a boost if they're healthy for the game.

Ravens pass game- Running hot & cold. If the only Ravens game you saw was vs KC, you're not getting the whole picture. Lamar was at 78% completion the first two games. He's making some incredible reads and throws. Consistency is lacking from drive to drive for Lamar as compared to last year. Andrews is a beast. Hollywood has been good and consistently affects the Safety play. I'm really down on Boykin who looks like an athlete instead of a football player. Duvernay needs more snaps. This matchup between the two teams is the biggest wilcard of the game for me.

Would like to hear how you think the Bengals match up in these areas.
Reply/Quote
Our starting RG, rookie Tyre Phillips, is probably out. We may go with DJ Fluker there or one of our younger players. Pat Mekari is an option, he played C for us the last part of last year and did fine. Or we could go with Ben Powers, a 4th rounder from last year's draft.
Reply/Quote
Btw- If you've watched any of the Ravens press conferences this week, you've probably noticed there's been a lot of questions asking what's wrong with the offense. Expectations are almost unreasonably high for the team. The first few possessions in this game should be even more important than usual. The Ravens may be pressing to get rolling like they want which could be good or bad for either team. Cincy on the other hand, seems loose and playing with not much to lose.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 05:03 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Btw- If you've watched any of the Ravens press conferences this week, you've probably noticed there's been a lot of questions asking what's wrong with the offense. Expectations are almost unreasonably high for the team. The first few possessions in this game should be even more important than usual. The Ravens may be pressing to get rolling like they want which could be good or bad for either team. Cincy on the other hand, seems loose and playing with not much to lose.

Yup

The Ravens all the way around are a better team, there's little doubt. But I believe the ravens one big achilles heel (bigger than it should be) is if they get knocked out of "their game" early they don't react well.

I think it will be closer than many are saying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 04:53 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Our starting RG, rookie Tyre Phillips, is probably out. We may go with DJ Fluker there or one of our younger players. Pat Mekari is an option, he played C for us the last part of last year and did fine. Or we could go with Ben Powers, a 4th rounder from last year's draft.

That may provide an interesting matchup, as Geno Atkins is set to action for the first time this season.  However, I'm more concerned about the Bengals OL holding up against the Baltimore front seven.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good luck, BENGALS. Ravens need another loss.

Maybe they'll be relaxed and over confident, give y'all some early hope.

You're not the better team, but . . . on any given Sunday . . . .Yes
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 05:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

The Ravens all the way around are a better team, there's little doubt. But I believe the ravens one big Achilles heel (bigger than it should be) is if they get knocked out of "their game" early they don't react well.

I think it will be closer than many are saying.

(10-09-2020, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may provide an interesting matchup, as Geno Atkins is set to action for the first time this season.  However, I'm more concerned about the Bengals OL holding up against the Baltimore front seven.

(10-10-2020, 05:31 PM)Dill Wrote: Good luck, BENGALS. Ravens need another loss.  

Maybe they'll be relaxed and over confident, give y'all some early hope.

You're not the better team, but . . . on any given Sunday . . . .Yes

We're gonna kick the Ravens ass tomorrow. Joe

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 07:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We're gonna kick the Ravens ass tomorrow. Joe

Wrong Sunday H-Dog.  

Maybe you'll get them next game.

I'll be cheering for you.
Reply/Quote
These ain’t your Ray Lewis killed a man ravens.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:29 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: These ain’t your Ray Lewis killed a man ravens.

Definitely not. All of us 90's kids are retired now. We didn't cry about being victims, if anything we were the bullies. Ahhh those were the days when nobody cried about politicians, we already knew they all sucked and we were gonna take what was ours anyway. Nobody cared about posting pictures and online personas. At least Lamar & Burrow are old school. I loved to hear the story this week that Burrow punched Queen at LSU practice after getting hit late. Grunge & Gangsta Rap for life baby! 
Reply/Quote
AJ Green looks like he checked out. His lack of effort on the two Ravens INTs was pretty stunning, both before and after the picks were made. Bengals need to move on and send a message. Get an Olineman or draft pick immediately.
Reply/Quote