Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's To Pete Mackanin
Narron had Reds at 50 losses and 20 games under .500.......Then Reds put in Pete Mackanin and same team played over .500 ball rest of season. Even Marty Brennaman and Nuxhall liked him making Reds have more practices. He wasn't afraid to try defensive shifts. A lousy team played good ball under him....Then he was not rehired and Dusty Baker brought in.....Turn to this year, 2016, and Phillies and Reds were suppose to be awful.  Actually the Phillies pitching is great and the team is winning games. The new manager Pete Mackanin is being considered for manager of the year already. He has had the guts to use a 6 man starting rotation. He is fining players for poor play. ......He showed he was a good manager in Cincinnati. I'm glad he is getting a real chance in Philly. .....On Reds radio, he once said teams practice fundamentals in the minors, but not as much in the majors. He said it's important to practice those things in the majors also.  Marty and Nuxhall agreed.....I hope Pete Mackanin shows million dollar players can still be managed and a focus on team work. ...Here's to him, I thought he earned the manager job in Cincy.  I hope he does well in Philly.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Price is no manager. He must be working cheap or something, but he's proven that he doesn't belong. The braintrust of the reds must be a bunch of hardcore alcoholics.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 04:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: Price is no manager. He must be working cheap or something, but he's proven that he doesn't belong. The braintrust of the reds must be a bunch of hardcore alcoholics.

That he isn't anymore; he's a scapegoat for what this FO has put together for him to fail and quickly fire to show they are doing something progressive. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote