Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a Thought - McCarron
(02-06-2017, 01:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: They won't move out of position to land an elite prospect for a 2nd rounder.  Brown doesn't do trades unless he's raping the other team.  He will probably want two 1sts to move out of the Top 10.  With Marvin back, that means another year of bpa drafting.  They won't be so locked in on a pass rusher that they'll pass on a guy like Williams, Cook, Fournette, Hooker, Adams, or one of the top CB's if they're available.

They slid back recently, when they took Zeitler and got an additional pick.  The ability to land an "elite prospect" at 9 isn't the question, but whether they have the players at 9-15 or so rated very similar.  That is when they would try to slide.  Again, it takes a willing partner, but if the trade is right they will be all over it.  

I would put their chances of sliding at 50%.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They slid back recently, when they took Zeitler and got an additional pick.  The ability to land an "elite prospect" at 9 isn't the question, but whether they have the players at 9-15 or so rated very similar.  That is when they would try to slide.  Again, it takes a willing partner, but if the trade is right they will be all over it.  

I disagree unless it's for picks next year. We already have enough picks this year as it is !
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They slid back recently, when they took Zeitler and got an additional pick.  The ability to land an "elite prospect" at 9 isn't the question, but whether they have the players at 9-15 or so rated very similar.  That is when they would try to slide.  Again, it takes a willing partner, but if the trade is right they will be all over it.  

They have never traded out of the top 10 in the MB era.  When they do trade down, it's when they're in the 20's and the top prospects are long gone.

Logically, they have 11 picks, and will probably get more from dealing McCarron.  Marvin needs a bounce back year to cool his seat down, and I doubt he will be keen on passing up an immediate impact player to stockpile picks for a future he may not be a part of if he can't right the ship.
Reply/Quote
So what do you guys feel is fair for McCarron? Like Sunset Bengal said, I would love the Bears 2nd rounder. Is a 3rd or 4th the following year included too much, or reasonable? Or make that a conditional 3 or 4 that bumps up a round based on pt/incentives? Since this draft and next seems light on qb's I'd rather not give multiple 1s and 2s to trade up when I can something productive for far less.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 01:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: They have never traded out of the top 10 in the MB era.  When they do trade down, it's when they're in the 20's and the top prospects are long gone.

Logically, they have 11 picks, and will probably get more from dealing McCarron.  Marvin needs a bounce back year to cool his seat down, and I doubt he will be keen on passing up an immediate impact player to stockpile picks for a future he may not be a part of if he can't right the ship.

Again, that depends on if they have players 9-15 or so with very similar rankings and there is, perhaps, a run on QBs and some team wishes to make a really good trade offer.  

With the lack of depth at OT (that can play), G, C alone, I could see wanting additional top 50 picks to help plug those holes.  That is without addressing DE, RB, WR, TE, LB.....see what I mean?  And trading back in their 20s only got them an additional 3rd rounder.  What if they could get a 2nd rounder to slide a few spots?  That is why I think it has a solid chance.  
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Again, that depends on if they have players 9-15 or so with very similar rankings and there is, perhaps, a run on QBs and some team wishes to make a really good trade offer.  

With the lack of depth at OT (that can play), G, C alone, I could see wanting additional top 50 picks to help plug those holes.  That is without addressing DE, RB, WR, TE, LB.....see what I mean?  And trading back in their 20s only got them an additional 3rd rounder.  What if they could get a 2nd rounder to slide a few spots?  That is why I think it has a solid chance.  
they definitily need at least 2 second rounders to go c and DE at least imo.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 06:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would love to see the Bengals make the following trade:

AJ + #9 for the Bears #3 overall

IF Jonathan Allen is still on the board.

I would be for it as i really like Allen and want anything for McCarron while we can get it.

Thing is we still might have a shot at Allen at 9 anyways with his shoulder injuries and i doubt the Bears
would give up the 3rd overall pick for AJM. That said, anything for McCarron is better than nothing and i
think a 3rd or 4th rounder is more likely but what do i know?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be for it as i really like Allen and want anything for McCarron while we can get it.

Thing is we still might have a shot at Allen at 9 anyways with his shoulder injuries and i doubt the Bears
would give up the 3rd overall pick for AJM. That said, anything for McCarron is better than nothing and i
think a 3rd or 4th rounder is more likely but what do i know?

A swap of first rounders.

I doubt, really doubt that Allen is around at 9.  There are too many teams that could use a guy like him.  I doubt that the shoulder issues are anything big, otherwise you'd see red flags all around the guy.
Reply/Quote
Sounds good to me. But would the Bears make this trade?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 07:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A swap of first rounders.

I doubt, really doubt that Allen is around at 9.  There are too many teams that could use a guy like him.  I doubt that the shoulder issues are anything big, otherwise you'd see red flags all around the guy.

Oh, okay, i guess that could work.

Definately possible now that i think more about it and i would be all for it.

Could be right about Allen, he is a damn fine pass rusher and is just what we need and the Bears need a QB
badly and McCarron has some experience and could do well there. Do it.
Reply/Quote