Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a pic of Merv from 2003
(12-14-2017, 01:39 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Thank you for taking the Bengals out of the hole Marv, and thank you for leaving now. It's not easy working for M. B.  I'll read your memoirs when you write your book.

Yep......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 15 years shows on all of us, but still. You can see light in his eyes back then, there's barely a flicker now.

Yup, I was going to say. Not too many people look better after 15 years. Let alone 15 years of a time-demanding job.

Also agreed on the eyes. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've been speaking out of frustration with Marv. I'm ready to move on, but I will miss him in a lot of ways, and he did provide some good Bengals memories...especially in the early days (IMO). I am genuinely sad that he will leave without a playoff win. I wanted it as much for him as for myself. It would've completed his legacy here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been speaking out of frustration with Marv. I'm ready to move on, but I will miss him in a lot of ways, and he did provide some good Bengals memories...especially in the early days (IMO). I am genuinely sad that he will leave without a playoff win. I wanted it as much for him as for myself. It would've completed his legacy here.

Saving this post for when the offseason rolls around and there's an awkward Mike and Marv press conference to announce he'll be back.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been speaking out of frustration with Marv. I'm ready to move on, but I will miss him in a lot of ways, and he did provide some good Bengals memories...especially in the early days (IMO). I am genuinely sad that he will leave without a playoff win. I wanted it as much for him as for myself. It would've completed his legacy here.

Are you like my long lost twin or something? We agree on stuff FAR too much that it is literally disturbing me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was such a good hire at the time. Seriously, he was.

Which gives me hope for the new hire... :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which gives me hope for the new hire... :andy:

Front Geunt is going to be more of the same.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Front Geunt is going to be more of the same.

Paulie G doesn't deserve to be HC after his Defense gave up the most rushing yards of any team this season.

Damn talented Defense he has to work with too. All of our coach's contracts are up.

Expecting an outside hire just like Marv was.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saving this post for when the offseason rolls around and there's an awkward Mike and Marv press conference to announce he'll be back.   Ninja

Oh boy. Don't do that to me bro. LOL

(12-14-2017, 05:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are you like my long lost twin or something? We agree on stuff FAR too much that it is literally disturbing me.

Mediocre minds think alike?  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 11:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mediocre minds think alike?  Mellow

Maybe. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Front Geunt is going to be more of the same.
Marvin was an outside hire.  Why wouldn't the next guy be?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin was an outside hire.  Why wouldn't the next guy be?

Because the 90s!!

But, seriously, I think the reason so many think the next HC won't be an outside hire is because the last few coordinator changes have just been promotions from guys already here.
Reply/Quote