Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what Burfict SHOULD do
Burfict should call a press conference and this should be the gist of his statement:

"Thank you all for coming. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to my teammates, to the coaching staff of the Bengals, and to Bengals fans and fans of the NFL. My actions were not indicative of the kind of player I am nor the kind of player I want to be. I admit I wanted to give Brown a little bump, but I did not intend to hit him in the head, nor did I intend to injure him and any claims to the contrary are spurious and defamatory.

I also wanted to publicly declare that it is my desire that in moving forward, I want to be known for making only clean, legal hits and tackles. To that end, I hereby publicly vow that any tackle I make to any non-quarterback, will be exactly like the one that Shazier put on Gio in the Wild Card game. I will launch myself and put the crown of my helmet into the facemask of the runner. I will make sure they are a runner, first, but that is how I plan on tackling every non-QB. The NFL, through its silence and lack of discipline against Shazier, has deemed this to be okay, which has been backed up by numerous analysts. As such, there should be no cause for concern about my actions going forward.

Thank you for your time."

I would LOVE it if he said something to this effect.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It would do a lot...

We can only hope he does.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Burfict should call a press conference and this should be the gist of his statement:

"Thank you all for coming. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to my teammates, to the coaching staff of the Bengals, and to Bengals fans and fans of the NFL. My actions were not indicative of the kind of player I am nor the kind of player I want to be. I admit I wanted to give Brown a little bump, but I did not intend to hit him in the head, nor did I intend to injure him and any claims to the contrary are spurious and defamatory.

I also wanted to publicly declare that it is my desire that in moving forward, I want to be known for making only clean, legal hits and tackles. To that end, I hereby publicly vow that any tackle I make to any non-quarterback, will be exactly like the one that Shazier put on Gio in the Wild Card game. I will launch myself and put the crown of my helmet into the facemask of the runner. I will make sure they are a runner, first, but that is how I plan on tackling every non-QB. The NFL, through its silence and lack of discipline against Shazier, has deemed this to be okay, which has been backed up by numerous analysts. As such, there should be no cause for concern about my actions going forward.

Thank you for your time."

I would LOVE it if he said something to this effect.

Go back to your cubicle and do some TPS reports.

Reply/Quote
I think he should call a press conference with Goddell and when Roger takes the podium out of nowhere Burfict comes flying in with a shot, knocking him off the stage and on his ass.
Reply/Quote
It'd be better if he came out and held up a picture of James Harrison and said 'I learned from the best' and walked away.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Go back to your cubicle and do some TPS reports.

I will, but first:

[Image: 34705788.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Go back to your cubicle and do some TPS reports.

OH my GOODNESS = TPS Reports!!!  HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!  Sweet.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I will, but first:

[Image: 34705788.jpg]

This is still Good !!!  years later man!!!  awesome!!
Reply/Quote
All while highlights of steelers cheap shots against him play on a loop on a screen behind him.
Reply/Quote
I hope to never see burfict hit someone like that in fear that his concussion problems start to act up again..
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think he should call a press conference with Goddell and when Roger takes the podium out of nowhere Burfict comes flying in with a shot, knocking him off the stage and on his ass.

But first make sure Goodell is running up to the stage.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The sheer amount of tears from Steelers fans would drown the entire city of Pittsburgh
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote

You are a little more than sassy.... WTF
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like this whole idea... but I could never believe those were really Burfict's words if I ever heard him say the phrase "spurious and defamatory."
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
tldr.
Reply/Quote
I email the commissioner's office every day about the hit on Gio. It doesn't do anything, but it makes me feel better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
He should call a press conference and say you come into my house, you better be scared, and drop the mike.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lol idc anymore it's over he shouldn't do anything but keep his head up and use it as fire to keep getting better he has all the potential in the world
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote

Rep for Office Space reference.
Reply/Quote
I want Burfict to call a press conference, play the Shazier hit (which apparently isn't illegal according to the NFL's lack of penalty OR fine) and say "Open season on the Steelers jaws! Head on a swivel, boys! This shit is NFL sanctioned! Just try fining or suspending me for this, biaaaaaatches."

Or something like that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote