Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go again .... Phoenix to hold Muhammed Cartoon Contest
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/muhammad-cartoon-contest-planned-for-phoenix-anti-islam-rally

Not sure if this guy's intentions aren't in the wrong place but we will see if the muslim crazies can resist trying to murder americans.

Hoping all goes smoothly. But I think this Marine should have chosen his advertising language better. But he has a right.
So a man is telling people to arm themselves and mock a religion outside that religion's house of worship? But he's only exercising his 1st amendment rights. It's not his fault if telling people to bring guns causes violence...

I think the representative of CAIR said it best with "The promise of a heavy police presence at the rally of armed biker gang members will help calm fears of harassment and even attacks on worshipers."

But the man "has to do something" to "stop the spread of Islam".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Lol the guy didn't do himself any favors of something does go down. Telling people to bring their guns down is a mistake.
Why must people push buttons?

I get it, it's peoples right to do stupid, but why by stupid?

By this guy telling people to "Bring their guns", I think he may have crossed some legal line and if anything happens he could be held responsible by anyone involved. If his people get out of hand or anyone that may protest gets out of hand, this guy more or less yelled FIRE in a crowded theater.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
I just think there is one rule that should guide our actions for the most part: don't be a dick. There is no need for this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-28-2015, 10:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  the muslim crazies 

Great post, will read again
(05-28-2015, 10:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/muhammad-cartoon-contest-planned-for-phoenix-anti-islam-rally

Not sure if this guy's intentions aren't in the wrong place but we will see if the muslim crazies can resist trying to murder americans.  

Hoping all goes smoothly.  But I think this Marine should have chosen his advertising language better.  But he has a right.

So if a couple out of millions CAN'T resist the urge.....?

Won't make it right...but how can we put the blame of a couple people on an entire religion?  I mean they might not even be ministers.   ThumbsUp

Side note:  What if the "Muslim crazies" are American's too?!?! 
[Image: 472.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-29-2015, 08:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Side note:  What if the "Muslim crazies" are American's too?!?! 

I don't think the fact that they're Americans means much to the organizer of the event or to SLB.  The only thing they see is "Muslim"
(05-29-2015, 10:03 AM)Stewy Wrote: I don't think the fact that they're Americans means much to the organizer of the event or to SLB.  The only thing they see is "Muslim"

You misspelled OP.  Twice.   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

I wish Muslims were offended by the right of stupid people to kill themselves.

That would solve so many problems.
These guys are dicks and they are trying to provoke. That said they're no worse in that regard than the Westboro baptists. Yet no one worries about Westboro protesting, why is that?
(05-29-2015, 12:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That said they're no worse in that regard than the Westboro baptists.  Yet no one worries about Westboro protesting, why is that?

...or maybe we do.

https://www.patriotguard.org/content.php?s=889de3b87bdae0142cde77d994cdb0ee

Quote:Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:
1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.
We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ZbmcjKh4I&feature=player_embedded
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-29-2015, 12:17 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If his people get out of hand or anyone that may protest gets out of hand, this guy more or less yelled FIRE in a crowded theater.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Fred may know better, but the "FIRE" in a crowded theater is not a good comparison....generally I believe to be guilty of this there has to be a rather immediate incident directly resulting from your language (think Michael Brown's father shouting "burn this ***** down").  Although criminally liable is quite different than civilly liable.

The guy is an idiot, but I'd have to read the statement in it's entire context to determine if he even broached encouraging illegal activity.  Presumably, it's an invitation to CCW holders, who ultimately are responsible for their use of their firearm.
(05-29-2015, 02:17 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Fred may know better, but the "FIRE" in a crowded theater is not a good comparison....generally I believe to be guilty of this there has to be a rather immediate incident directly resulting from your language (think Michael Brown's father shouting "burn this ***** down").  Although criminally liable is quite different than civilly liable.

The guy is an idiot, but I'd have to read the statement in it's entire context to determine if he even broached encouraging illegal activity.  Presumably, it's an invitation to CCW holders, who ultimately are responsible for their use of their firearm.

Yea, legally there is probably a big difference between saying "arm yourself... in case any of them try to attack us" versus actually inciting violence "attack these people".

Still irresponsible and threatening to the community that just wants to worship without armed gangs mocking them.

(05-29-2015, 12:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: These guys are dicks and they are trying to provoke.  That said they're no worse in that regard than the Westboro baptists.  Yet no one worries about Westboro protesting, why is that?

Because Westboro never uses violence or tells people to arm themselves while these people do?

(05-29-2015, 02:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Still irresponsible and threatening to the community that just wants to worship without armed gangs mocking them.

I don't know the laws in Arizona(?), but if people are open carrying assault rifles and the like it could potentially rise to racial/religious intimidation.
(05-29-2015, 03:37 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't know the laws in Arizona(?), but if people are open carrying assault rifles and the like it could potentially rise to racial/religious intimidation.

Still an argument for sure. 

I'm beyond giving a shit about these idiots.  If they get themselves killed, awesome.  Sounds like it was time to thin the herd and strengthen the gene pool. Whatever

Edit: and that goes for the ones provoking and the ones responding to the taunting.
https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/567772600030918/

The organizer of the event didn't fight 10 years in the marines for this... And by this he means exercising your 1st amendment right of practicing your religion.

(05-28-2015, 10:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/muhammad-cartoon-contest-planned-for-phoenix-anti-islam-rally

Hoping all goes smoothly.  But I think this Marine should have chosen his advertising language better.  But he has a right.

Here in Arizona, our Right Wing nutties are nuttier than your Floridian Right Wing nutties.

Nyah, nyah, nyah!!!! Tongue
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]