Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hereditary" and "Midsommar"
Both of these movies are written and directed by Ari Aster. Both have been highly praised. To me they are both bad movies. In fact I think parts of Midsommar were actually supposed to be comic.

"Hereditary" was just a mash up of a bunch of different horror clichés. Some scary moments but overall it seemed disjointed and at the end I was left wondering what a bunch of the scenes had to do with the story.

"Midsommar" was even worse. Lots of details about archaic ritual but not a lot of story. And parts of it seem to be out of a comedy. One guys disappears and later it shows his foot sticking up out of the ground in a flower garden. A key sex scene is features the young couple surrounded by a group of disgusting fat old naked ladies. One of them even starts pushing on the guys but as he is banging the girl. Hereditary also featured a big scene at the end with a large group of old fat disgusting people. I think Aster has some weird fetish for disgusting fat naked women. In another scene a guy is taking a piss and it ends up being on the "Ancestor Tree". And in the end boy who was in the sex scene is sewed up inside the skin of a dead bear so he looks like he is in a big Comicon teddy bear outfit.

I don't care what critics say. These are lame movies. Aster is working on a third film and I am hoping it is a full blown parody.
Reply/Quote
To each their own, but I thought Hereditary was disturbing on a level a majority of horror films can't even come close to hitting.

Haven't seen Midsommar yet, but the general consensus is it's solid, but not as good as Hereditary.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Try "Sushi Girl" and get back to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote