Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hernandez Gone Finally!!!
Romano up!
Reply/Quote
About time, guy has like a 25.00 ERA over last dozen appearances or so. I wish him all the luck in the world but he had to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 07:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: About time, guy has like a 25.00 ERA over last dozen appearances or so. I wish him all the luck in the world but he had to go.

I had to spread the good news! He does seem like a decent guy but he really wasn’t cutting it. I only wish that it had happened before this important series began like most of us were calling for.
Reply/Quote
Good move. Too bad he wasn’t the same pitcher he was last year.
Reply/Quote
I will never forget his performance earlier this year when he came in with the bases loaded and struck out three in 11 pitches. However, the rest is not pretty.

I blame Bell and overuse of the bullpen. He was awesome last year and now he looks like he is just pooped. Eugenio Suarez TOTALLY hit the wall last year in September and he's in his prime. Hernandez is at that age where recovery isn't quite the same. You can get away with a 90-92 MPH fastball if you can still dial it up to 96-97, he doesn't have that anymore.

He'll get picked up somewhere. Lucroy was released by the Angels because he was a pathetic catcher with little to no clutch hits and made many mistakes that were scored as Wild Pitches, now he's in the hunt for the playoffs.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
It's a shame. He was so good last year.
For journeyman relievers, it's so hard to repeat strong seasons...
I'm surprised Jared Hughes hasn't fallen similarly hard (though he has fallen compared to last year).
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 08:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I will never forget his performance earlier this year when he came in with the bases loaded and struck out three in 11 pitches. However, the rest is not pretty.

I blame Bell and overuse of the bullpen. He was awesome last year and now he looks like he is just pooped. Eugenio Suarez TOTALLY hit the wall last year in September and he's in his prime. Hernandez is at that age where recovery isn't quite the same. You can get away with a 90-92 MPH fastball if you can still dial it up to 96-97, he doesn't have that anymore.

He'll get picked up somewhere. Lucroy was released by the Angels because he was a pathetic catcher with little to no clutch hits and made many mistakes that were scored as Wild Pitches, now he's in the hunt for the playoffs.

I’m worried that Lorenzen will fall on of the cliff too because he’s at 60 innings already.
Reply/Quote
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/08/reds-release-david-hernandez.html

Hernandez cleared waivers and the Reds have officially released him.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 03:21 PM)cinci4life Wrote: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/08/reds-release-david-hernandez.html

Hernandez cleared waivers and the Reds have officially released him.

He is a hell of a man, club house leader.  The Reds did not even sign him to minors?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote