Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hernandez or Wynn in Round One and Why
(04-25-2018, 11:34 AM)Okeana Wrote: fact is wynn can play center and probably be the best at the position so he's my ultimate number 1 pick.  either way with rankins price, daniels, ragnow one will be available in round 2 and we can always move up to make sure we don't miss our guy.  that said I'm 100% ok taking a guy like ragnow in the first round as he's been a consistent #1 center by a lot of people before and during this process, but the media really failed to hype him as a first round talent.  MM is the only tackle i would be fine with taking in round 1 and honestly i would rather take a guy like alex kappa or brandon parker in the later rounds to coach up the waste a high pick on this tackle class

Wynn was tried out at center in college and they decided not to play him there. Not sure where this fact he can play center came from.
Reply/Quote
OK , I'M CONVINCED .....CENTER FIRST, NOT A GUARD......CENTER FIRST, NOT A GUARD

I started another post on this, my last before draft....IT HAS TO BE THE CENTER IN ONE. PRICE, DANIELS or RAGNOW.

This sets up Round 2. A Round One Player WILL fall to us in 2, but nobody knows what position it will be. We can use a round 1 talent at about any position. Getting Center out of the way sets up not needing a center and being able to pick a Real Steal In Round 2. I'm hoping for an edge rushing LB or a Safety who was projected as Round 1. It could even be a Round 1 Blocker. Maybe the TE people are raving about. There will be a Round 1 player fall to us in 2 due to run on QB's early.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 11:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Great leader yes. But not on prices level. Nowhere close. Price is Ray Lewis type leader. But im fine with either so long as it isn't Daniels.  But if u want little to no growing pains u take price. 

That is high praise on Price's leadership skills, plus there will be growing pains with any rookie and even more
with Price cause he is injured. Ragnow is just more solid all across the board, better pass protector and ready
to go come OTA's and there is not the concern with the shorter arms like Price.

(04-25-2018, 03:10 AM)livebythe10 Wrote: II don't want a back up.plan.  our last center was a backup plan.

I want a top tier center. That can go down as a perennial pro bowler and a hall of famer.

Same here and love the avatar. Cool

(04-25-2018, 11:34 AM)Okeana Wrote: fact is wynn can play center and probably be the best at the position so he's my ultimate number 1 pick.  either way with rankins price, daniels, ragnow one will be available in round 2 and we can always move up to make sure we don't miss our guy.  that said I'm 100% ok taking a guy like ragnow in the first round as he's been a consistent #1 center by a lot of people before and during this process, but the media really failed to hype him as a first round talent.  MM is the only tackle i would be fine with taking in round 1 and honestly i would rather take a guy like alex kappa or brandon parker in the later rounds to coach up the waste a high pick on this tackle class

Definately understand everything you say here and completely understand why Wynn is you number 1 pick.

I hope we draft Ragnow and trade up for Wynn honestly, or Price falls to us in the 2nd and we grab him as our RG.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:28 PM)kevin Wrote: OK , I'M CONVINCED .....CENTER FIRST, NOT A GUARD......CENTER FIRST, NOT A GUARD

I started another post on this, my last before draft....IT HAS TO BE THE CENTER IN ONE.  PRICE, DANIELS or RAGNOW.

This sets up Round 2. A Round One Player WILL fall to us in 2, but nobody knows what position it will be. We can use a round 1 talent at about any position.  Getting Center out of the way sets up not needing a center and being able to pick a Real Steal In Round 2.  I'm hoping for an edge rushing LB or a Safety who was projected as Round 1.  It could even be a Round 1 Blocker.  Maybe the TE people are raving about. There will be a Round 1 player fall to us in 2 due to run on QB's early.

Yeah, i mean once the Center is in the bag there will be no stress and the Draft is much wider open.

We could pretty much go BPA after, just need a RT somewhere in the 2nd to 4th. There will be good ones there.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 11:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Great leader yes. But not on prices level. Nowhere close. Price is Ray Lewis type leader. But im fine with either so long as it isn't Daniels.  But if u want little to no growing pains u take price. 

How are you in position to comment on either of their leadership traits. Have you met either one? Been in team meeting or workout room with them? Talked to multiple teammates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wynn was tried out at center in college and they decided not to play him there. Not sure where this fact he can play center came from.

do you think it was that he couldn't play center or they needed a LT and he was the best guy

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:51 PM)Okeana Wrote: do you think it was that he couldn't play center or they needed a LT and he was the best guy

He was beat out. They kicked him to Left guard  after losing out then they eventually kicked him out to LT for five games. His junior year he only played one game at LT and the rest at LG, then finally the whole year his senior year at LT.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: He was beat out. They kicked him to Left guard  after losing out then they eventually kicked him out to LT for five games. His junior year he only played one game at LT and the rest at LG, then finally the whole year his senior year at LT.

Saying he can't play center is a pretty big assumption. 

You're going off an article in his sophomore year when it says he had never taken a snap at center. Georgia went with the more experienced guy that had played Right Guard the year before.

And aren't you pushing for Corbett at center?(2nd Tier) Austin Corbetts total experience at Center is reps in ths senior bowl PRACTICES. I believe both Wynn and Corbett could develop into good centers but there would be alot of growing pains if a team were to throw them out their week one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Saying he can't play center is a pretty big assumption. 

You're going off an article in his sophomore year when it says he had never taken a snap at center. Georgia went with the more experienced guy that had played Right Guard the year before.

And aren't you pushing for Corbett at center?(2nd Tier) Austin Corbetts total experience at Center is reps in ths senior bowl PRACTICES. I believe both Wynn and Corbett could develop into good centers but there would be alot of growing pains if a team were to throw them out their week one.

Wynn is damn smart, has great feet and hands and doesn't get pushed around. I think he could make a fine Center.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Saying he can't play center is a pretty big assumption. 

Saying it is fact he can play it is the big assumption (which I was replying to), I just asked how that was a fact considering his only attempted it once and he got beat out.

I have offered Corbett as an option later, I want one of the top tier personally but whatever gets us the best value is my thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is high praise on Price's leadership skills, plus there will be growing pains with any rookie and even more
with Price cause he is injured. Ragnow is just more solid all across the board, better pass protector and ready
to go come OTA's and there is not the concern with the shorter arms like Price.
I believe price is a better run blocker, but we'll leave that. As posted before he will be fully healthy first week in June... And there's multiple videos highlighting what I'm pointing out. I believe even with a tad shorter with the team, his elite leadership ability is why he's been called best center prospect of the decade. 
(04-25-2018, 02:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: How are you in position to comment on either of their leadership traits.  Have you met either one?  Been in team meeting or workout room with them?  Talked to multiple teammates?

I've met with price as well as jamarco jones. Jones was gushing about prices leadership ability. And while I haven't been in the meetings or workout rooms there's a video of prices mental capability as well as Jones saying the first day he met him, as a freshman phone's was doing puships and was struggling so price layed down underneath him so he wouldn't stop. It's the little things. A natural born leader. Again his leadership overcomes his (if you think this I dont) slightly less talented center.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Common sense. To grab a pure RG that has bad hands at 21 and wait for one of the top 3 Centers
to be there that will not according to every NEW source leading up to the draft. Hmmm

Grab Wynn over Hernandez then. Atleast he can play every position on the O-line, and BTW both
Ragnow and Price can play RG and have better hands than Hernandez.

Ragnow is a great leader.

Rock On

so you're saying Hernanez had both his hands cut off & has what....hooks attached now...???
i had never heard this befor.... Hilarious
then maybe we can draft him in rd #7...?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 08:34 PM)Steve Wrote: so you're saying Hernanez had both his hands cut off & has what....hooks attached now...???
i had never heard this befor.... Hilarious
then maybe we can draft him in rd #7...?

He said bad hands, not no hands. Comprehend much?

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i mean once the Center is in the bag there will be no stress and the Draft is much wider open.

We could pretty much go BPA after, just need a RT somewhere in the 2nd to 4th. There will be good ones there.

OR.....
we could draft Hernandez at 21...
then in rd #2 trade up to get our OC....
we have 11 picks.....right...?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 08:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He said bad hands, not no hands.  Comprehend much?

Hilarious

what...?   if he has no hands the hooks should be illegal....?
is this right...?
i need your help BenZoo2.....
Sarcasm
Reply/Quote