Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hernandez or Wynn in Round One and Why
Fun OL fact of the day. Clint Boling will be the only returning starter from last year, to play in his original spot.

No matter how well the draft pans out, in terms of the Bengals attaining future OL stars, there will most definitely be some growing pains as essentially a brand new unit gets put together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fun OL fact of the day.  Clint Boling will be the only returning starter from last year, to play in his original spot.

No matter how well the draft pans out, in terms of the Bengals attaining future OL stars, there will most definitely be some growing pains as essentially a brand new unit gets put together.

No doubt, there will be growing pains, but that is fine. I will enjoy watching them gel as a Line.

Fisher might still keep his spot though or maybe even Westerman. I would be just fine with this as well as long as
they earn it and with Pollack of this i have no doubt. Just so nice moving on from that bastid that used to play his
favorites over the other guys no matter what.

I have faith in Pollack starting the best player.
Reply/Quote
BTW speaking of time to gel, this is the biggest reason why i see Ragnow being the pick and not Price.

We have to have some chemistry going into Training Camp. We wouldn't have that with Price.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, there will be growing pains, but that is fine. I will enjoy watching them gel as a Line.

Fisher might still keep his spot though or maybe even Westerman. I would be just fine with this as well as long as
they earn it and with Pollack of this i have no doubt. Just so nice moving on from that bastid that used to play his
favorites over the other guys no matter what.

I have faith in Pollack starting the best player.

I know that it's not always good to speak on hindsight, but I wonder if this complete reboot hadn't been in the works for longer than we think?  Does anyone agree that perhaps maybe Whitworth and Zeitler were let go on purpose, for the pure intention of putting Paul Alexander on the spot?  Could sticking PA with "his guys" been by design to set him up for catastrophic failure, in a bid to get his ass out of here, once and for all?

I realize that is just a hunch, and I really have nothing of substance to back it up, but I'm merely suggesting that it could be a possibility.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that it's not always good to speak on hindsight, but I wonder if this complete reboot hadn't been in the works for longer than we think?  Does anyone agree that perhaps maybe Whitworth and Zeitler were let go on purpose, for the pure intention of putting Paul Alexander on the spot?  Could sticking PA with "his guys" been by design to set him up for catastrophic failure, in a bid to get his ass out of here, once and for all?

I realize that is just a hunch, and I really have nothing of substance to back it up, but I'm merely suggesting that it could be a possibility.

If this is true, somebody in the know must of known this would be the only way Mikey would fire PA.

Good conspiracy thought. I don't believe in coincidences.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If this is true, somebody in the know must of known this would be the only way Mikey would fire PA.

Good conspiracy thought. I don't believe in coincidences.

I mean, I once read that Paul Alexander was the one who convinced Mike that he didn't need to spend big money, or high draft picks on interior OL, as he could develop and late round guy of "his hand picking" into being starting quality.

Now that PA is gone, Lapham is predicting the Bengals draft a Center at #21.  

Like I said, I have nothing to back up my "conspiracy" hypothesis, but stuff like that makes me wonder..   Hmm

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I mean, I once read that Paul Alexander was the one who convinced Mike that he didn't need to spend big money, or high draft picks on interior OL, as he could develop and late round guy of "his hand picking" into being starting quality.

Now that PA is gone, Lapham is predicting the Bengals draft a Center at #21.  

Like I said, I have nothing to back up my "conspiracy" hypothesis, but stuff like that makes me wonder..   Hmm

Sure doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. I honestly never thought of this before.

Must of been Katie and Troy if true, they are the ones who know Mikey the best. Katie does handle contracts.

Gotta help the old man out cause he is too loyal to a fault, just trying to get him a ring before he goes. Hmmm.
Reply/Quote
Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:59 PM)kevin Wrote: If they really think there is going to be a run on centers, then take center round one. None of the Mock drafts by anybody show such a thing, but if they think there is going to be a run on centers, take the center round one. There will be good blockers on board in 2 at guard or tackle. We need blocking across board except Glenn and Bolling. All these other names are just warm bodies to put on a uniform but not top NFL starting talent. Just warm bodies team has added that other teams didn't want. I don't think we can be content with just filling uniforms if the goal is to get play-off wins. Lets get some real blockers in here. Imagine what Mixon, Dalton, Green could do if we just had quality blocking as opposed to worst O Line in NFL.

Most mock drafts, CBS, FOX, ESPN, AP show most of these centers still on board when we pick in 2, and why I thought Mock Drafts showing us taking Hernandez or Wynn looked pretty good and still grabbing Daniels or Price or Ragnow. It would be awesome to pull it off. This O Line talents up real fast.

And most of the updated mocks have Daniels and ragnow going in 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:46 AM)kevin Wrote: We can get Daniels, Price, Ragnow in TWO for a center.  What we can't get in Two and should be there at pick 21 is a choice between Will Hernandez and Isaiah Wynn.   Grabbing either Hernandez or Wynn in ONE and then Daniels, Price or Ragnow in TWO solves a lot of Bengals having worst O Line in NFL.  Suddenly we aren't worst O Line in NFL anymore.  As for RT, these picks help because Bengals guards and tackles from last year can compete for RT. I would like to see Bolling at Guard, but he has shown he can play tackle. Still, I'm thinking LT-Glenn, LG-Bolling, C-Daniels, Price or Ragnow, RG-Hernandez or Wynn, RT- Fisher, Ogbuehi, Westerman.  

Bengals could take a Center in One and then not draft O Line rest of draft, but that's a mistake.  Or they could take Center in One and get Tackle like Orlando Brown or somebody in TWO, but Hernandez and Wynn probably long gone. Bengals could also draft WR and QB early as some predict, and then just bend over and kiss season good-bye because they won't have a chance without blocking.  It will be more of the Jacksonville game all season as Bengals O Line gets THUMPED all season and Dalton gets killed all season. I'm hoping this WR and QB talk is just pre draft poker bluff.

I could understand Bengals taking a defensive player in One or Two and a Center.   There is no room or common sense to WR or QB early. Bengals have other huge major weaknesses on O Line first and Defense second.  Our D is not as bad as our O Line, but both need draft help THIS YEAR.

you & I may be the only 2 ppl who support this common sense approach....
I want Hernandez at 21 then the best OC on the board b/t the top 3 in rd #2....

but most ppl are very scared....want us to draft the OC in rd #1....& lose out on Hernandez....
I say "don't be scared"..!!!
OG in rd 1 then OC in rd #2
if need be we have 11 picks....move up some in rd 2 to be sure to get a Center.....but I think Ragnow  will be there....
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fun OL fact of the day.  Clint Boling will be the only returning starter from last year, to play in his original spot.

This right hehere is why u take price. That pure leader that will bring everyone together 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:03 PM)Steve Wrote: you & I may be the only 2 ppl who support this common sense approach....

but most ppl are very scared....want us to draft the OC in rd #1....& lose out on Hernandez....
if need be we have 11 picks....move up some in rd 2 to be sure to get a Center.....but I think Ragnow  will be there....

Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back. Most of us are not scared, just better informed. All three of those centers will be gone by 46

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:03 PM)Steve Wrote: you & I may be the only 2 ppl who support this common sense approach....

Common sense. To grab a pure RG that has bad hands at 21 and wait for one of the top 3 Centers
to be there that will not according to every NEW source leading up to the draft. Hmmm

Grab Wynn over Hernandez then. Atleast he can play every position on the O-line, and BTW both
Ragnow and Price can play RG and have better hands than Hernandez.

(04-24-2018, 09:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This right hehere is why u take price. That pure leader that will bring everyone together 

Ragnow is a great leader.

(04-24-2018, 09:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back.  Most of us are not scared, just better informed.  All three of those centers will be gone by 46

Rock On
Reply/Quote
It’s official.

I want one of three guys in the first. Ragnow, Daniels, or Wynn.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ragnow is a great leader.

Rock On
Great leader yes. But not on prices level. Nowhere close. Price is Ray Lewis type leader. But im fine with either so long as it isn't Daniels.  But if u want little to no growing pains u take price. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd like to point out they have done due diligence on the next tier of Center as well. They have brought in Corbbett (Nevada) and Morris (TCU), so it seems they do have a back up plan if Center early doesn't fall into place.

II don't want a back up.plan.  our last center was a backup plan.

I want a top tier center. That can go down as a perennial pro bowler and a hall of famer.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd like to point out they have done due diligence on the next tier of Center as well. They have brought in Corbbett (Nevada) and Morris (TCU), so it seems they do have a back up plan if Center early doesn't fall into place.

Corbett is getting a lot of buzz as a late first - early second round guy as a guard.  

I honestly think if we miss out on the top 3, we are looking at a guy like Mason Cole as the guy to come in and compete at Center.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:14 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Corbett is getting a lot of buzz as a late first - early second round guy as a guard.  

I honestly think if we miss out on the top 3, we are looking at a guy like Mason Cole as the guy to come in and compete at Center.

I think you can get Corbett at 46 if we need to maybe even lower in the 2nd by combining our 3rd with a 5th to come back up. I think that initial run of 3 happens then there is a lull to the backside of the 2nd. Nice thing about the way the draft is laid out now you can go and re evaluate after day 1 and plan over night.

As a side I wouldn't mind taking Corbett in the 2nd as a guard even if we get one of the Centers in round 1. It gives us position flexibility there which I always love.
Reply/Quote
On the subject of Wynn, I heard today some teams have flagged his injury and he may slide into the 2nd more than what some think. A Center/Wynn combo would definitely be a win.
Reply/Quote
fact is wynn can play center and probably be the best at the position so he's my ultimate number 1 pick. either way with rankins price, daniels, ragnow one will be available in round 2 and we can always move up to make sure we don't miss our guy. that said I'm 100% ok taking a guy like ragnow in the first round as he's been a consistent #1 center by a lot of people before and during this process, but the media really failed to hype him as a first round talent. MM is the only tackle i would be fine with taking in round 1 and honestly i would rather take a guy like alex kappa or brandon parker in the later rounds to coach up the waste a high pick on this tackle class

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote