Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Bengal fans!
I hope your 2nd half of the season goes well. Our season is over, thank God Hockey season is here and basketball season. What do you guys think of the Bengals so far this season?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 06:18 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope your 2nd half of the season goes well. Our season is over, thank God Hockey season is here and basketball season. What do you guys think of the Bengals so far this season?

R...E...L..A..X !!!
Reply/Quote
Hockey season is going pretty well for me so far. :)

(11-05-2018, 06:18 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope your 2nd half of the season goes well. Our season is over, thank God Hockey season is here and basketball season. What do you guys think of the Bengals so far this season?
Reply/Quote
Packers schedule looks manageable the rest of the way. The NFC is very tough is their main issue. Good luck
Reply/Quote

If the Bengals don't start getting more guys back into the lineup, than keep heading to injured list each week, our season could be toast as well. Quite a shame, honestly, as for all intents and purposes, Andy is having a damn good season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Bengals don't start getting more guys back into the lineup, than keep heading to injured list each week, our season could be toast as well. Quite a shame, honestly, as for all intents and purposes, Andy is having a damn good season.

He is indeed. Of all seasons for this defense to tank. Hopefully we get it together.

Reply/Quote
Lots of doom and gloom around here but I feel good about the second half.

Even if we drop our next 2 games (saints and ravens) and go to 5-5 I think we still have a great shot at the post season.

Besides the chargers no other team in the afc looks week positioned to make a strong run at the second wild card.

The dolphins are terrible.

The afc south is terrible.

The ravens are really the only other team I can see having a chance.

I’m not ready to give up on a possible 10-6 season but 9-7 looks like it could be enough right now and I think cincy gets to 9-7 easy.
Reply/Quote

Your season is far from over.

Vikings and Bears game are tough, but the rest of your schedule looks manageable.

At 10-5-1, you have a good shot at playoffs, where anything can happen.

Best of luck!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 06:20 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: R...E...L..A..X !!!

Yep on our way to another losing season.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 08:23 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Your season is far from over.

Vikings and Bears game are tough, but the rest of your schedule looks manageable.

At 10-5-1, you have a good shot at playoffs, where anything can happen.

Best of luck!

Yes it is over. Rodgers is a choke artist in big games as you have seen. Even if we make the playoffs were going to get destroyed in Round one.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 08:25 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Yes it is over. Rodgers is a choke artist in big games as you have seen. Even if we make the playoffs were going to get destroyed in Round one.

I thought Rogers was pretty high up there on 4th qtr comebacks? Maybe I’m wrong.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 08:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: Lots of doom and gloom around here but I feel good about the second half.

Even if we drop our next 2 games (saints and ravens) and go to 5-5 I think we still have a great shot at the post season.

Besides the chargers no other team in the afc looks week positioned to make a strong run at the second wild card.

The dolphins are terrible.

The afc south is terrible.

The ravens are really the only other team I can see having a chance.

I’m not ready to give up on a possible 10-6 season but 9-7 looks like it could be enough right now and I think cincy gets to 9-7 easy.

Don't look now, but the Texans have won 6 in a row..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't look now, but the Texans have won 6 in a row..

I expect them to win their division so its moot. I do not think anyone else at this stage is a threat to the wildcard spot in that division. I’m looking at this through a lens of how the bengals make the playoff assuming they are taking the 6 spot. In that case then the only teams I care about are not division winners. In which case the afc south is terrible and on its way to a three way 8-8 tie if their lucky.

But yes otherwise the Texans have looked really good as of late.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 08:25 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Yes it is over. Rodgers is a choke artist in big games as you have seen. Even if we make the playoffs were going to get destroyed in Round one.

With that attitude you'd make an excellent Bengals fan. Let me see if I can find an application around here for you
Reply/Quote
So who's the best TE, S, MLB, CB,OT,OG,QB,DT,DE, in college to target this draft?
Reply/Quote

Would not throw in the towel yet. 

Betting you like my former Card Jaire Alexander up there. 

Wished he could have been a Bengal. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Myself, I see 5-3 as an improvement.  

Now your Packers are 3-4-1 aren't they. They can beat Miami and get to 4-4-1.  With Aaron Rodgers they might still win 10 games.  You just played the Patriots Dynasty Team.  The rest of your schedule is not as hard.  Aaron Rodgers putting together wins is very possible.  Plus who wants to play Packers outdoors in Green Bay going into cold months. 

Again, I'm more positive about Bengals than many.  I thought all off season the rebuilding of this team may not manifest itself in Week One, and The Bengals might be better second half of season.  So to me, 5-3 the first half of season is a good record considering all the rebuilding in off season.   The Bengals won 6 games in 2016.  7 games in 2017.  In 2018 they will finish over 8-8.  Hopefully enough wins to get back in play-offs and be hot at end to get that much wanted play-off win.  If the Blocking and Tackling comes together as team made changes for, The Bengals will be one of the better teams in NFL second half of the season. Blocking and Tackling would make Bengals tough indeed. Like Packers, Bengals are a cold weather outdoor team.

If Packers win against Dolphins Sunday, you will be 4-4-1 and anything is possible with about half a season to go. You do have Aaron Rodgers.
If Bengals lose Sunday they are still 5-4, but I'm hoping they win at home and get to 6-3 which is a good record with about half season to go.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Packers are bad and you should feel bad for ever thinking they'd be good this year. Enjoy your 4th losing season in 25 years! MWA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Packers are bad and you should feel bad for ever thinking they'd be good this year.  Enjoy your 4th losing season in 25 years! MWA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I will be spending my Sunday's not watching football. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:58 PM)Brimey Wrote: With that attitude you'd make an excellent Bengals fan. Let me see if I can find an application around here for you

lol
Reply/Quote