Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hey Zac pay attention to Kliff Kingsbury
Huh, first time checking this thread. Kliff is killing it, love how fun that offense is. He’s really turned them around fast, in a tough division.

Brian Flores has also rather quietly made the Dolphins an excellent team in all 3 phases of the game. Looks like we chose the worst coach of our offseason.
(11-16-2020, 09:55 AM)corpjet Wrote: Updating those that still want to hate on Kliff K, he currently has the less talented Cardinals tied for 1st place in the tough NFC West and 3 times the wins of Zac.

Can those haters admit that he may be a better coach than Zac.

Listen Zac isn’t going anywhere we know that, he will have another year to right the ship, but this team hasn’t turned the corner.

Kliff has done really well. Kyler is creeping into the MVP conversation and is on pace to break the rushing TD record for QBs. Overall, Kyler is on pace for a 47 TD, 5300 yard season. That’s pretty salty.
(11-16-2020, 09:55 AM)corpjet Wrote: Updating those that still want to hate on Kliff K, he currently has the less talented Cardinals tied for 1st place in the tough NFC West and 3 times the wins of Zac.

Listen Zac isn’t going anywhere we know that, he will have another year to right the ship, but this team hasn’t turned the corner.

I actually thought about this thread earlier today when I was watching a segment on whether or not Kyler Murray is the front runner for the league MVP this season.  I'm glad you revived it.

Anybody watching that team, and that QB, that still can't admit the great job Kingsbury has done are people that don't know football.  Period.

Who was hating on Kingsbury, and who are the Cardinals less talented than?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Kingsbury is on top of the world right now. Anyone remember his house (and that view) from the draft? That was a serious flex when guys like Taylor were recording from their basements.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(11-16-2020, 11:43 PM)corpjet Wrote: Crickets.....what’s the excuse now??

GO back and read my posts; I said that you were fanboying over a coach that did dick all in college, while you said he was incredibly successful.

He wasn't; he was a poor college coach and he always will be a poor college coach.

Then, you praised him in a game where the D did more than the O; I never said a word about the season as a whole.

But nice try moving the goalposts.

EDIT* Isn't this against the TOS, anyways?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(11-17-2020, 12:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: GO back and read my posts; I said that you were fanboying over a coach that did dick all in college, while you said he was incredibly successful.

He wasn't; he was a poor college coach and he always will be a poor college coach.

But nice try moving the goalposts.

You're an angry little fella, aren't you?
(11-17-2020, 12:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're an angry little fella, aren't you?

Nope; I'm actually an above-average (6'0) and very enthusiastic, settled and happily-married man, so no, I have 0 to be angry about.

Your shitposts actually reassure me that I'm always in a great place, so thanks for continually backfiring on the shots you take!

EDIT: And BTW, I'm not the one making threads talking shit about the team and flinging crap back and forth.

That's what the angry do ThumbsUp
(11-17-2020, 12:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nope; I'm actually an above-average (6'0) and very enthusiastic, settled and happily-married man, so no, I have 0 to be angry about.

Your shitposts actually reassure me that I'm always in a great place, so thanks for continually backfiring on the shots you take!

EDIT: And BTW, I'm not the one making threads talking shit about the team and flinging crap back and forth.

That's what the angry do ThumbsUp

You are laughable......someone is considered a fan boy cause they recognize a decent coach that you try to downplay?

and by this way this isn't a dating app, no one cares about your height, weight and sexual preference 
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
This is *not* me trying to flex or anything of that nature, but fivepoints just posted this really good and fair video, so I thought that it would be worth revisiting the thread a bit:

It's amazing what a year can do!
(06-07-2022, 06:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This is *not* me trying to flex or anything of that nature, but fivepoints just posted this really good and fair video, so I thought that it would be worth revisiting the thread a bit:

I hear crickets alright.....from the ones crowning Kliff and bashing Zac! LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

(06-07-2022, 08:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I hear crickets alright.....from the ones crowning Kliff and bashing Zac! LOL 

Hey, Kingsbury can still turn it around (he got that contract extension), but he continually proves to be very mediocre/poor/overrated. He has improved each year (though, so has Zac, albeit not as markedly) record-wise, but the playoff game was SO bad, it calls into question Kingsbury in big games, just like in college.

Personally, I think his job is safe for another 2 seasons (barring a 2 win or less year next year, which I don't see happening), but if Murray's disgruntled behaviour wasn't him blowing smoke, his time may not be long.
Lots of folks crapped on Zac in year 1 and 2. I'm proud to say I always said: Make no judgement until after year 3.

IF we would have been below 500 this year; I'd have been OK parting ways, but everybody deserves 3 years. I think it includes draft choices as well
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-07-2022, 08:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hey, Kingsbury can still turn it around (he got that contract extension), but he continually proves to be very mediocre/poor/overrated. He has improved each year (though, so has Zac, albeit not as markedly) record-wise, but the playoff game was SO bad, it calls into question Kingsbury in big games, just like in college.

Personally, I think his job is safe for another 2 seasons (barring a 2 win or less year next year, which I don't see happening), but if Murray's disgruntled behaviour wasn't him blowing smoke, his time may not be long.

Yep they fell flat on their face at the end of the season losing 4 of their last 5. And I watched a good bit of that playoff game and they just seemed totally out of sync, dysfunctional, just bad. 

Not sure if Murray's problems stem from that end of season meltdown or if that was the cause ? Murray being disgruntled ?

There was for sure a problem somewhere. 
Cardinals were 7-0 when Hopkins got hurt. 4-7 after the injury.

Remove both HCs from the equation. What would the Bengals record have been if Ja'Marr Chase gets hurt early Week 8?

There's a reason why they're called game changing players. They change the game when they're in it, which means they obviously change the game by not being in it, too.

That's nothing to do with either HC, and it's not even touching on the fact that Burrow > Murray. I'm just saying when you lose an elite top tier WR, you will be shittier. Do we honestly believe the Rams win the SB if they didn't have Kupp for most of the year and all the postseason? '19-'20 Drew Brees lost about 4% off his previous league leading completion % without Michael Thomas, and 1 TD%, and ~10 QB Rating.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-07-2022, 09:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cardinals were 7-0 when Hopkins got hurt. 4-7 after the injury.

Remove both HCs from the equation. What would the Bengals record have been if Ja'Marr Chase gets hurt early Week 8?

There's a reason why they're called game changing players. They change the game when they're in it, which means they obviously change the game by not being in it, too.

That's nothing to do with either HC, and it's not even touching on the fact that Burrow > Murray. I'm just saying when you lose an elite top tier WR, you will be shittier. Do we honestly believe the Rams win the SB if they didn't have Kupp for most of the year and all the postseason? '19-'20 Drew Brees lost about 4% off his previous league leading completion % without Michael Thomas, and 1 TD%, and ~10 QB Rating.

You’re not wrong, but Kliff has a long history of late season collapses going back to Texas Tech. This is eye popping-

2013 Texas Tech- Started 7-0 went 1-5 finished 8-5
2014 TT- started 2-0 went 2-8 finished 4-8
2015 TT- started 5-2 went 2-4 finished 7-6
2016 TT- started 3-1 went 2-6 finished 5-7
2017 TT- started 4-1 went 2-6 finished 6-7
2018 TT- started 5-2 went 0-5 finished 5-7
2019 Cards- started 3-3-1 went 2-7 finished 5-10-1
2020 Cards- started 6-3 went 2-5 finished 8-8
2021 Cards- started 7-0 went 4-6 finished 11-6

Quite the track record of the wheels falling off. Likely not just coincidences.
(06-07-2022, 09:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cardinals were 7-0 when Hopkins got hurt. 4-7 after the injury.

I think some would hinge on how well the defenses played.

It would definitely have Cincinnati to lose Chase. However, I think the Bengals had the advantage of a better WR2 and WR3 and Joe Mixon...Uzomah. The Rams would also still have that badass defense with OBJ, Jefferson, and Cam Akers. 

I think Cincinnati and LA are both better teams all around, and have better staffs too. No, they may not have played in the Super Bowl without Cupp and Chase, but I don't think they stumble as badly down the stretch either.

(06-07-2022, 08:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep they fell flat on their face at the end of the season losing 4 of their last 5. And I watched a good bit of that playoff game and they just seemed totally out of sync, dysfunctional, just bad. 

Not sure if Murray's problems stem from that end of season meltdown or if that was the cause ? Murray being disgruntled ?

There was for sure a problem somewhere. 

You're being far too kind. They looked like shit. Like worse than the year we went to Indy with Rex Burkhead as WR2....lol. Straight trash performance.

big wrench in your equation.  Watson had his best season as a pro (2020) AFTER Hopkins was traded.  Houstons record was awful, but Watson was lights out with Will Fuller as his #1
(06-07-2022, 06:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This is *not* me trying to flex or anything of that nature, but fivepoints just posted this really good and fair video, so I thought that it would be worth revisiting the thread a bit:

Nice share, Truck.  To be fair to Kingsberry, it takes a lot of different skills to be a college coach compared to an NFL coach.  Recruiting is probably #1, and there is a much greater talent imbalance among the teams.

Kingsberry has been a respectable NFL coach thus far, and has done it at a franchise that has been pretty irrelevant for most of its existence.  

They will go as far as Murray takes them, and he has started to show some maturity issues, which isn't good.  Overall, I think he is a solid coach.

I must have been asleep when this thread originally ran, and I am sure you can find plenty of criticism of ZT from me in the past, but I did want to give him last year.  In fact, I remember calling it the "no excuses" season for the coaches.   Glad the Bengals didn't have a quick trigger and gave him last year as well.