Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkey Water filtration
If your local water starts tasting or smelling kind of funky or you're worried about whatever garbage the local municipality may be dumping in the water or not or just worried the pipes in your house or on the street where you live might be getting a tad too grungy you might want to invest a few hundred bucks for a water filter for the counter top just for drinking, cooking and/or your morning coffee. Last year here in SC the water got really nasty and not really drinkable so we invested in a Berkey for a few hundred bucks. It's a 2.25 gallon counter top model, gravity feed deal. The one we bought was a scratch and dent model and we never have found the scratch nor dent so it's in pretty good shape. I refill it every 2-3 days and keep 4 gallons of filtered water on hand nearly every day for coffee, drinking water, etc..
There are cheaper options, but none that filter as well as the Berkey with the same reputation..
So anyway..check em out.. https://www.berkeywaterfilter.com/
[Image: big_berkey_filters.jpg]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How long of a lifespan do the filters have? Are they costly to replace?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How long of a lifespan do the filters have?  Are they costly to replace?

They ain't cheap to replace, but they're said to last up to 8 years depending on usage. They are cleanable and it's a simple operation. They tell you how to do it on the site.. I just cleaned ours tonight and working fine.. Basically just wipe em down under running water with a scotch bright pad then backrinse them.. I suppose with a lathe you could skim off a micro-meter once in awhile..  The filter is similar to a big chunk of pumice ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote