Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey, at least we have an indoor facility.......
So we won't have to practice in the elements....... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So we won't have to practice in the elements....... Ninja

Good one.

Yeah and maybe if they practiced in the elements that equipment manager would know how many gloves to bring for Burrow.  (I don't actually know if that was an issue, but it was an interesting point the announcers brought up.)
Reply/Quote
No doubt, because it absolutely downpowered last week in Cincy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Choice is always better than no choice. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to grasp. Having a facility doesn't mean we have to use it all the time. If coaches feel we need to practice in the elements, they can. If they are about to play a dome game and it's a blizzard in Cincy, they can now take practice indoors.

It really takes some strong mental gymnastics and outright ignoring common sense to twist this into a negative.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Choice is always better than no choice. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to grasp. Having a facility doesn't mean we have to use it all the time. If coaches feel we need to practice in the elements, they can. If they are about to play a dome game and it's a blizzard in Cincy, they can now take practice indoors.

It really takes some strong mental gymnastics and outright ignoring common sense to twist this into a negative.

Also, the forecast was unexpected. The rain came out of nowhere and was a shock to a lot of people.

I will never understand people taking shots at the team growing up and modernizing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Going to go out on a limb and say that the indoor facility had nothing to do with this loss at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Don't post anymore please
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So we won't have to practice in the elements....... Ninja

I know this is a joke but to be honest the AFC North has always been tough players playing in the elements.  Don't know if the players today are a bit soft or if the game has changed but in the past the NORTH was always ready for any weather conditions and never laid down with a little rain.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Choice is always better than no choice. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to grasp. Having a facility doesn't mean we have to use it all the time. If coaches feel we need to practice in the elements, they can. If they are about to play a dome game and it's a blizzard in Cincy, they can now take practice indoors.

Players today seem to be a little soft in comparison to the older players, when it comes to equipment weather gloves turf etc, so how is it that a little rain or weather caused so much issue for a team the caliber of the Bengals last week? 

The AFC North has always been tough outdoor teams that is the MO. The ability to play outdoors in all weather is an advantage.   And yet the Bengals collapsed last week due to the weather.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:14 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know this is a joke but to be honest the AFC North has always been tough players playing in the elements.  Don't know if the players today are a bit soft or if the game has changed but in the past the NORTH was always ready for any weather conditions and never laid down with a little rain.  

Evidently you were the only one who got it. The ninja smilie was a clue
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Also, the forecast was unexpected. The rain came out of nowhere and was a shock to a lot of people.

I will never understand people taking shots at the team growing up and modernizing.

They had been predicting last Sunday's rain thought the entire week. It was anything but unexpected lol
Reply/Quote