Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey fellas...
Wreaking havoc, and living in the back field. You can't double Geno anymore if this continues.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 11:34 PM)grampahol Wrote: Love the pass rush ,but am also a bit concerned about stopping the run. A few times they looked lethargic on runs, but perhaps that'll get cleaned up too.. The 2nd team was terrible on the run, but heck, they're not the 2nd team for nothing. 
If we get a ton of dline injuries we're in trouble.   

Truth. Tupou got picked on over and over again. He lived in the dirt. Not a good look. LOL  He won't be here much longer. I'm guess he gets his walking papers Wednesday along with about 30 other guys. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 11:34 PM)grampahol Wrote: Love the pass rush ,but am also a bit concerned about stopping the run. A few times they looked lethargic on runs, but perhaps that'll get cleaned up too.. The 2nd team was terrible on the run, but heck, they're not the 2nd team for nothing. 
If we get a ton of dline injuries we're in trouble.   
I really wish vontaze wasn't suspended.  You either love our hate the guy, but he's our key to stopping the run
Reply/Quote
He must be fully healthy bc he looks like the guy some experts had going in the first round last year. With him Geno, Lawson, Dunlap, and Willis this DLine is gonna wreak havoc
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BILLINGS!!!

You guys see why a few others and I wanted this dude here...

GIMME YO CORNBREAD!!!

He looks like what we all hoped he would be before the injury.  With him next to Geno, and speed on the outside with Willis/Dunlap/Lawson, it should be a very solid unit in terms of rushing the passer.  

Glasgow even looked better last night.  If that guy can be solid in rotation and keep Billings fresh, look out. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Him and Geno in the middle are going to be terrors....good Lord I'd hate be responsible for blocking them.

And in other news:  Russell Bodine still sucks
Reply/Quote
It was a lot of fun watching Billings and Geno just push the interior line back into the QB's face. No pocket to step up into. The callers are blistering the Bills O-line on Sirius this morning, but I don't know that there is an o-line anywhere in the league that could have held them at bay yesterday. Still surprised Billings didn't get a flag for throwing Allen to the ground, but I am salivating waiting for him to get those big mitts on Ben..... and poor Carlos, as great as he is, he seemed to be the guy trying so hard to get into the action on the sac train yesterday......
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: On probably 3 out of every 4 plays they were on the field together one of them, few times both, totally disrupted the play. And when the middle is getting disrupted QB's panic and throw int's. Help comes in from the edge and Carlos, Lawson, Willis, and Hubbard will be having field days.

Yup, you bullrush the interior of the line into the QB, he has to try to escape the pocket.....now you have an end in your face. The secondary deserves some of the credit too yesterday. There were quite a few times there was nowhere to throw.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: cornbread2-375x300.png]

Hilarious

(08-26-2018, 11:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You can't miss him, he's the biggest if not the widest guy on the field and has the largest number, #99 if I'm not mistaken. YOU CAN'T MISS HIM! Cheers

He has Vince Wilfork shoulders...

Always said he reminds me of a mixture of Geno and Wilfork.

(08-27-2018, 12:19 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Billings is the real deal. He has been pushing people around all preseason big time and the best part is he's still young. He will not even be entering his prime for another 2-3 years. If he stays healthy, it looks more and more like he will live up to the hype coming out of college. But being as dominant as he was in the big12 say a lot imo. There are some very good offenses and OL's in that conference.  

I also think this could be the best DL we've ever fielded. Dunlap and Atkins have to be loving the new improved rotation.

Yep, they are all loving it. It is infectious and i am extremely happy seeing it come to fruition.

Always thought adding Billings would give us the best DT duo in the league that no team can handle.

You cannot double both of these dudes and as Billings says if you don't double him he will beat one guy.

He is not just a run stopper, he ain't no one trick pony Domata Peko...
Reply/Quote
See, with play like this, My #99 Hunt jersey may not go to waste, I just need a new nameboard sewn on the back....
Reply/Quote
BILLINGS!!!!!

He was a beast yesterday (although not against the best o line in the world lol). I think he’s gonna have a very solid year and maybe we can stop hearing about how he was the most overrated pick we had. Dude’s got potential through the roof but I think we all knew it was gonna take him time to get healthy and mature. Can’t wait to see him do it consistently in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: BILLINGS!!!!!

He was a beast yesterday (although not against the best o line in the world lol). I think he’s gonna have a very solid year and maybe we can stop hearing about how he was the most overrated pick we had. Dude’s got potential through the roof but I think we all knew it was gonna take him time to get healthy and mature. Can’t wait to see him do it consistently in the regular season.

No doubt, he did pretty well against that formidable Dallas O-line too though.

He is going to terrify interior O-lines for a long time, like you said, needed time to mature, guy is still really young. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Billings showed some crazy power and explosion on a couple plays yesterday. Alot of potential there. If they can ferret out that potential having 99 next to 97 will be a nightmare for opposing QB's.

Beat the drum hard for Billings in his draft, good to see it starting to look positive.

Hope they actually use a full rotation and keep these guys fresh and exploding throughout the game/season. Paul would talk about doing it but tended to get away from actually doing it fully. To me it looks like they have the talent depth to keep these guys fresh all the way through the 4th quarter. That would be a massive advantage to have them breathing fire to the very end.

It all starts up front and these guys look good.

RELEASE THE BEAST.

ALL OF THEM.
Reply/Quote
This could be the makings of the best Bengals defensive line ever.

And I never say stuff like that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 03:51 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Billings showed some crazy power and explosion on a couple plays yesterday. Alot of potential there. If they can ferret out that potential having 99 next to 97 will be a nightmare for opposing QB's.

Beat the drum hard for Billings in his draft, good to see it starting to look positive.

Hope they actually use a full rotation and keep these guys fresh and exploding throughout the game/season. Paul would talk about doing it but tended to get away from actually doing it fully. To me it looks like they have the talent depth to keep these guys fresh all the way through the 4th quarter. That would be a massive advantage to have them breathing fire to the very end.

It all starts up front and these guys look good.

RELEASE THE BEAST.

ALL OF THEM.

Nice post man, exciting stuff. Cool

5 sacks in one half is pretty impressive.

(08-27-2018, 03:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This could be the makings of the best Bengals defensive line ever.

And I never say stuff like that.

I know, that is the thing, this D-line alone should keep us in every game.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BILLINGS!!!

You guys see why a few others and I wanted this dude here...

GIMME YO CORNBREAD!!!

CORNBREAD

Billings seems to have solidified himself as the starting NT. He's got a bit of a mean streak in him. After two running plays that produced two 1st downs, Billings just ate Allen and threw him to the ground. He looked pissed.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 03:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: CORNBREAD

Billings seems to have solidified himself as the starting NT. He's got a bit of a mean streak in him. After two running plays that produced two 1st downs, Billings just ate Allen and threw him to the ground. He looked pissed.

He takes offense when an Offense gets first downs lol

Love it.
Reply/Quote