Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins Sophomore Slump
(10-11-2021, 12:21 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Through five games, Higgins has been highly underwhelming given the high expectations for this season. A few drops today, the fumble in Chicago, the missed deep ball. Unfortunately he’s missed more plays than he has had made it seems.. Hoping he has a “get on track” game here in the next week or so.

Today was a clunker for Higgins, no doubt.  That drop at the end was huge as they would have been in easier FG range.   He looks very good out there, but just had an off day.  I would try to get him more involved early in the Detroit game.  Ditto Boyd and Uzo.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s be fine if he caught the easy ones yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Higgins got hurt & Burrow has an additional weapon with Chase on the roster. I don't think it is fair to call it a traditional sophomore slump as if he is doing something wrong. Let's give him the rest of the season to see how his play and numbers look.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:30 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I had too high of expectations and there aren’t enough balls to go around with Chase playing out of his mind. Still, I really like Higgins and thought he was ready for a huge breakout year. It might still come, but Burrow definitely seems to have a favorite target.

Yes, the guy needs to pull head out ass.....Davonte Adams - a 2nd round pick just like him and similar abilities. 
I hope he is taking notes yesterday becsuse he is hurting the team right now.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You already mentioned that the RBs are being targeted less. On top of that, in the first 5 games last year Mike Thomas/John Ross/Drew Sample/Auden Tate combined for 42 targets. Seems like they managed it by cutting out targets to the worse players.

Ok that's kinda what I figured but was too lazy to look up. We did involve our "depth" WRs more last year. If that's how we're going to go about keeping Chase/Higgins/Boyd fed this year, I'm fine with that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote