Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins Thinks We Have The Best Uniforms!
Dropping $35 to $40 on a cap isn't a big deal to me. I might pick up one of these as a grass cutting ball cap.

I bet Tee doesn't think it is a big deal. Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:51 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Dropping $35 to $40 on a cap isn't a big deal to me. I might pick up one of these as a grass cutting ball cap.

I bet Tee doesn't think it is a big deal.  Hilarious

I'm one of those thrift store hat buyers.. Some company that's been out of business since the 90s..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm one of those thrift store hat buyers.. Some company that's been out of business since the 90s..  Mellow

I like new and overpriced shit.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
I had no idea there was such thing as a "draft hat".

Other than having both a "clean" hat and a "work" hat I don't know why anyone would need more than one Bengals baseball cap.
Reply/Quote
When we first got to watch football over here in the 1980s I could have picked any of the teams as I obviously have no geographical connection to any of the locations, but the Bengals uniform was the coolest by a million miles. That and Boomer with the blonde hair and magical left arm rockets drew me in and here I've been ever since. Through thin and thinner there has only been one team for me and that is the Bengals. I chose well.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I had no idea there was such thing as a "draft hat".

Other than having both a "clean" hat and a "work" hat I don't know why anyone would need more than one Bengals baseball cap.

Agreed. I bought a Bengals Super Bowl hat, and I'll run that til it wears out.

[Image: ?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjA5NTUwfGltYWd...ThjZjhiYzM]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:51 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Dropping $35 to $40 on a cap isn't a big deal to me. I might pick up one of these as a grass cutting ball cap.

I bet Tee doesn't think it is a big deal.  Hilarious

I didn't even know caps could cut grass. Isn't that dangerous to put on your head?  Shocked

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 02:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I didn't even know caps could cut grass. Isn't that dangerous to put on your head?  Shocked

Joke is on you, I toss the cap on the lawn and let it do its thing while I enjoy an adult beverage.
Reply/Quote
I used to like a few other unis more than ours, but after the revision, I do think we have the best.

I still don't have much use for the orange tops, but the all white or the black unis are fantastic.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 08:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I used to like a few other unis more than ours, but after the revision, I do think we have the best.

I still don't have much use for the orange tops, but the all white or the black unis are fantastic.

The orange are still my least favorite of the 3, but I do think they look better on the players than they do on fans.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The orange are still my least favorite of the 3, but I do think they look better on the players than they do on fans.

Yeah.

The orange top seems too much like a party or celebration and almost weak, whereas the black says "we're hear for business."

The whites aren't bad but the black just says "we're here and we're coming for blood!"
Reply/Quote
If they had a more traditional number font, then they'd be perfection to me. The font has grown on me though. Black tops with white pants are the best combo imo.... However, Chargers unis are number 1 for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:43 PM)Destro Wrote: Of course the Bengals uniforms are the best looking.

The draft hat is trash, though.

My thoughts too
Reply/Quote
I’ve thought the Bengals unis were among the best since the inception of the stripes
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:38 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I’ve thought the Bengals unis were among the best since the inception of the stripes

Idk, seeing the new uniforms next to the previous ones it kind of highlights how bad the latter were, imo. Especially the whites. They knocked it out of the park with the current ones though. It’s funny how much people freaked out over those crappy leaked photos, and now everyone loves them.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, seeing the new uniforms next to the previous ones it kind of highlights how bad the latter were, imo. Especially the whites. They knocked it out of the park with the current ones though. It’s funny how much people freaked out over those crappy leaked photos, and now everyone loves them.

Yeah the old ones look so tacky. Best part of the new ones is spelling out Bengals and getting rid of the "B"
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:59 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Yeah the old ones look so tacky. Best part of the new ones is spelling out Bengals and getting rid of the "B"

Eh, I’m in the minority of fans who doesn’t mind the B logo one bit. The best change, imo, was losing that white panel down the side.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I’m in the minority of fans who doesn’t mind the B logo one bit. The best change, imo, was losing that white panel down the side.

Agree on this. The white panel ruined it.

The best uniform other than the current one was our flying tiger unis circa 97 to 03.

Those were also very simple and clean, with no white stripe. We played one game with all black in those unis and it looked awesome.

[Image: Cincinnati+Bengals+00s+Black+on+Black.jpg?format=500w]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, seeing the new uniforms next to the previous ones it kind of highlights how bad the latter were, imo. Especially the whites. They knocked it out of the park with the current ones though. It’s funny how much people freaked out over those crappy leaked photos, and now everyone loves them.

Certainly agree that the new ones are best , but I’ve just always thought the striped helmet was pretty kickass and made up for any flaws … I do agree about the white panel …have thought it to look bad on several other team’s as well in regards to “paneling stripe” like when the Broncos went with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I’m in the minority of fans who doesn’t mind the B logo one bit. 

I don't think you are in a minority.  I just think the people who hate the "B" are more vocal about it.

Fans who don't have problem with the "B" are not constantly posting about it.
Reply/Quote