Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins and Boyd ahead of Chase in Fantasy football
According to ESPN's Fantasy guru Mathew Berry

Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd, Cincinnati Bengals:
Higgins and Boyd are in for big seasons. Ja'Marr Chase is getting all the buzz but, especially considering current cost, these two are the ones you want. (At the moment, Chase is going one round ahead of Higgins and four rounds ahead of Boyd.) In games with Joe Burrow under center last season, Boyd was a top-15 receiver in PPG, receptions per game and targets per game. Don't let his semi-pedestrian final numbers of 841 yards and four TDs sway you; Boyd is high-end WR2 with Burrow at QB. Higgins might even have more upside. He was every bit as good as CeeDee Lamb as a rookie, going for 67 receptions, 908 yards and six TDs. Higgins also had 14 receptions of 20-plus yards and was targeted seven times in the end zone in nine "full" games with Burrow. Higgins will produce for you every week, but his big-play ability means he'll also have some monster games that outright win you weeks. I'm not worried about Chase stealing targets. At the time of his injury, Burrow led the NFL in pass attempts. This defense will once again be brutal, so there will be enough pass attempts to go around. At cost, Higgins and especially Boyd are incredible values.

No knock on Chase at all, but I agree with Berry.  If I understand correctly Berry is not exactly saying that Boyd and Higgins will be better than Chase.  Instead he is saying they are a better value because you can get them later in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Oops.  Wrong forum.

Mods please move to "Jungle Noise"
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No knock on Chase at all, but I agree with Berry.  If I understand correctly Berry is not exactly saying that Boyd and Higgins will be better than Chase.  Instead he is saying they are a better value because you can get them later in the draft.

Yes, you're correct.  I'm pretty sure this is from his recent Love/Hate List he does every year.  But yeah, he's essentially saying they're better values given their draft positions.  Chase is going the highest, a round or two above Higgins and Boyd.

Fwiw, I've heard a number of people mention Boyd on their draft steals.  He's going like WR40.  He's been incredibly consistent and I believe he was WR12 when Burrow was healthy last year.  Plus, with him playing the slot he's always going to see work.  The other two guys might be more hot and cold (one has a big game and the other does not).  They could eat into eachother whereas Boyd will probably be more steady.
Reply/Quote
Boyd could definitely be more valuable in PPR leagues especially. Higgins was a spectacular rookie, but not as highly touted coming out. I kind of would have him and Chase neck and neck in terms of value as I could see either one outperforming the other. Hopefully all 3 do great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote