Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins has sprained ankle; listed as day to day; Jonah has sprained MCL
(10-10-2022, 05:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Whatever happen to Auden Tate?

The comparison to Tate is ridiculous.  Tate never had 4.38 speed.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:08 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Get what people are saying just find it funny that out of all the problems with this team , people are mad about them not having a good WR 4 and that Dax Hill isn’t playing. On a night where Mike Thomas has a nice 33 yard grab and where the defense holds Lamar to one TD. Even if we did a good number 4 would it matter with this play calling ? We struggle when we have 3 stud WR’s on the field.

Thomas has like 300 something career yards and 1 TD in 7 years. There’s nothing wrong with wanting more than that when you have a Coach that likes to run 11 personnel and a QB that likes to spread it out.

It’s also understandable to be slightly annoyed that a 1st round pick on what was supposed to be a Super Bowl contender isn’t contributing.

No one is saying either thing is the team’s biggest issue right now. And I even somewhat get Dax not seeing the field much, as the defense is playing really well, but they’re both fair talking points, imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Believe he is on some other team's practice squad last I heard.

(10-10-2022, 05:08 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Get what people are saying just find it funny that out of all the problems with this team , people are mad about them not having a good WR 4 and that Dax Hill isn’t playing. On a night where Mike Thomas has a nice 33 yard grab and where the defense holds Lamar to one TD. Even if we did a good number 4 would it matter with this play calling ? We struggle when we have 3 stud WR’s on the field.

Good points. Probably wouldn't matter with this play calling anyways. 

I have been crying over spilled milk since Pryor got plucked off the PS by the Jags lol

(10-10-2022, 05:12 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: When Higgins is out, I’d love to see Boyd bumped outside and Chris Evans in the slot.

Not a bad idea.
Reply/Quote

He was cut from the Falcons practice squad. Currently on the Eagles practice squad. Dude stinks. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:08 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Get what people are saying just find it funny that out of all the problems with this team , people are mad about them not having a good WR 4 and that Dax Hill isn’t playing...

The issue is exactly what you saw last night.  If defenses double team Chase, they can take him out of the game.  If Higgins is hurt he can't help.  That leaves you counting on Boyd who is more of a possession receiver along with special teams players Thomas and Morgan.
Reply/Quote
Mike Thomas has played 35% of the offensive snaps this year. On 8 targets he has 2 catches for 38 yards.

He's on pace this season to play 435 snaps on offense and produce 7 catches for 129 yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Probably because there #3 and #4 are the same talent wise and they all play equal reps versus Boyd who isn’t getting out repped by a number 4 WR. 1-53 this roster is very good can’t blame the GM for not having talent 4 deep everywhere.

I agree. This offense needs to get more touches for Chase, Higgins, Boyde and Hurst. Do we really need the fourth other than if there is an injury? Also, how is it that Minn can get the ball to Justin Jefferson easier than we can get it to Chase? I am sure other teams are game planning to minimize his touches but somehow Minn schemes ways to get him the ball. 

This team does not need more talent on offense. They need to use what they have better!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:27 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The issue is exactly what you saw last night.  If defenses double team Chase, they can take him out of the game.  If Higgins is hurt he can't help.  That leaves you counting on Boyd who is more of a possession receiver along with special teams players Thomas and Morgan.

It is a problem. Honestly Boyd and Hurst just need to step up in Tee's absence. I think they can do the job.

Just wish we had someone behind them that was a touch of a threat. Mike Thomas did have a nice play last night 
but those come few and far between with him.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:27 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The issue is exactly what you saw last night.  If defenses double team Chase, they can take him out of the game.  If Higgins is hurt he can't help.  That leaves you counting on Boyd who is more of a possession receiver along with special teams players Thomas and Morgan.

We are not unusual to many other teams, look at teams 4/5 WRs that has a strong to decent top 3, also Hurst is going to be used more like last nite, he was split out more.. look what Chargers are doing without Allen, RBs and TE are getting more targets than their 3/4 WRs... 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thomas has like 300 something career yards and 1 TD in 7 years. There’s nothing wrong with wanting more than that when you have a Coach that likes to run 11 personnel and a QB that likes to spread it out.

It’s also understandable to be slightly annoyed that a 1st round pick on what was supposed to be a Super Bowl contender isn’t contributing.

No one is saying either thing is the team’s biggest issue right now. And I even somewhat get Dax not seeing the field much, as the defense is playing really well, but they’re both fair talking points, imo.

It’s impossible to have every hole on the roster filled with starters let alone backups. We addressed the O-line, may have upgraded with Hurst at TE and drafted Cam-Britt Taylor for CB depth another area of need. Far as bringing in free agents prior to the season it’s a though sell with little money to offer and to come in as a WR 4. Agree that Thomas can be upgraded and glad we can talk about topics like this with knowledgeable fans. I’d look at Will Fuller only 28 and has speed, didn’t play a lot last year because of a finger injury nothing to serious.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:45 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It’s impossible to have every hole on the roster filled with starters let alone backups. We addressed the O-line, may have upgraded with Hurst at TE and drafted Cam-Britt Taylor for CB depth another area of need. Far as bringing in free agents prior to the season it’s a though sell with little money to offer and to come in as a WR 4. Agree that Thomas can be upgraded and glad we can talk about topics like this with knowledgeable fans. I’d look at Will Fuller only 28 and has speed, didn’t play a lot has year because of a finger injury nothing to serious.

That’s exactly who I wanted…

We sure could use his speed right about now.

Reply/Quote
For real? In a thread about Jonah and Tee being hurt the thread turns to #4 WR. How about #2 LT.

Get someone like Eric Fisher in here ASAP. Hayden showed he can step up if we need a 3rd receiving threat and Thomas had our biggest passing play last night.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, exactly why I wanted us to keep Pryor or add a WR that a Defense would have to kind of respect.
How is Pryor doing btw? I wanted them to keep him. I knew one WR woudl be out and we'd be struggling.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thomas has like 300 something career yards and 1 TD in 7 years. There’s nothing wrong with wanting more than that when you have a Coach that likes to run 11 personnel and a QB that likes to spread it out.

it's ok for people to feel annoyed that your first round pick isn't out there, for me it's the opposite, I'm glad we aren't in a position that we need that 1st round pick playing.

He's learning the right way. Go to practice, meetings etc and learn your responsibilities inside and out. Then get your gameday experience.

People complaining about a 4th wr, i'd rather have had another OL (preferably LG) signed.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: it's ok for people to feel annoyed that your first round pick isn't out there, for me it's the opposite, I'm glad we aren't in a position that we need that 1st round pick playing.

He's learning the right way. Go to practice, meetings etc and learn your responsibilities inside and out. Then get your gameday experience.

People complaining about a 4th wr, i'd rather have had another OL (preferably LG) signed.

I would have liked Spain back, but they were determined to roll with Volson. I also don’t think the two things had to be mutually exclusive.

Anyway, like I said, WR4 is obviously not one of the biggest issues right now. It’s just becoming a concerning trend with Tee missing time.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? In a thread about Jonah and Tee being hurt the thread turns to #4 WR. How about #2 LT.

Get someone like Eric Fisher in here ASAP. Hayden showed he can step up if we need a 3rd receiving threat and Thomas had our biggest passing play last night.

When Tee is hurt WR4 is a starter in Taylor’s preferred offense. A better swing OT would have been really nice, too. Smith has been a huge disappointment.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:32 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: How is Pryor doing btw? I wanted them to keep him. I knew one WR woudl be out and we'd be struggling.

Has been inactive in all 5 games and wanted to give him a shot as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? In a thread about Jonah and Tee being hurt the thread turns to #4 WR. How about #2 LT.

Agree, I don't feel very comfortable with Adeniji as our (backup) LT. He did not look great when he was out there.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:30 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I agree. This offense needs to get more touches for Chase, Higgins, Boyde and Hurst. Do we really need the fourth other than if there is an injury? Also, how is it that Minn can get the ball to Justin Jefferson easier than we can get it to Chase? I am sure other teams are game planning to minimize his touches but somehow Minn schemes ways to get him the ball. 

This team does not need more talent on offense. They need to use what they have better!

Well, it is football and injuries happen daily. You can't just go out and grab any player you want and have them ready in a week.
It's hard to say you want more touches for 4 players. They need to build on the run game and opportunities with much better down
and distance will open itself back up to bigger plays downfield and catches will spread out.

Certainly wasn't ZT's fault after the Bengals stopping the Ravens on downs followed up by a terrible INT by Burrow which could have really demoralized the ravens.And they were 2-3 ignorant offensive calls from 2 yards away from being 3-2 on the season and leading the division with an OL that has just started to really gel. No time to jump out on the ledge here. Almost every team in the league has /has had issues so far. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When Tee is hurt WR4 is a starter in Taylor’s preferred offense. A better swing OT would have been really nice, too. Smith has been a huge disappointment.

I'd just rather have Michael Thomas as our #3 WR than Hakeem Adeniji as our starting LT. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote