Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Higgins or Chase…Who’s The Better Reciever
(03-18-2023, 04:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, those are kind of a big deal aren’t they. At least the debate between 2 top 5 WR’s like JJ and Chase actually has some merit. Unlike this thread.

Yes, we can debate JJ and Chase, it is a bit debatable. They are both legit #1's and maybe the 2 best young WR's in the NFL.

Tee is a damn good #2, big, fast with good hands and goes up for the ball like a beast. But JJ and Chase are freakish beast WR's.

Tough as nails, fast as lightning and have natural abilities that just make the game look easy while making pros look like punks.
Reply/Quote
Also, Bronxbengal = David Mulugheta. Confirmed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, those are kind of a big deal aren’t they. At least the debate between 2 top 5 WR’s like JJ and Chase actually has some merit. Unlike this thread.

See opinions like these are why we can't have nice things.

I've mentioned a number of things to give it merit.

I showed the assertion that Tee benefits from Chase's presence on the field to be made up by providing stats.

I've shown that Tee is equal if not better using yards per target and that JaMarr benefits from JB force-feeding him

I've shown that a teammate shown to be lesser when they played together has been superior once they parted.

All these things refute "without merit", "it's not even close", and "No question".

IF I had to say at this point in their careers I'd lean toward Chase, but there's damn sure merit to comparing the 2 and opining what might happen if their volume was reversed. 

Now for those saying JaMarr was/is a better pro-WR than Justin Jefferson.....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You leave out TD's on purpose I see... Wink

13 to 10 for Chase. Do those 3 TDs trump 161 yards and 26 catches? 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See opinions like these are why we can't have nice things.

I showed the assertion that Tee benefits from Chase's presence on the field to be made up by providing stats.

I've shown that Tee is equal if not better using yards per target and that JaMarr benefits from JB force-feeding him

I've shown that a teammate shown to be lesser when they played together has been superior once they parted.

All these things refute "without merit", "it's not even close", and "No question".

IF I had to say at this point in their careers I'd lean toward Chase, but there's damn sure merit to comparing the 2 and opining what might happen if their volume was reversed. 

No nice things for you. Sorry Bfine, Tee is damn good, but Chase still got 1,000 yards receiving and all those TD's all while missing
4 games and was banged up with the hip in the game where he hurt it and got over 100 yards as well. He is probably the hardest 
WR to tackle in the NFL with his balance and leg strength and has uncanny abilities that just cannot be taught.

You will not find another Ja'Marr Chase and I wouldn't take Justin Jefferson over Ja'Marr Chase. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 13 to 10 for Chase. Do those 3 TDs trump 161 yards and 26 catches? 

Yes. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No nice things for you. Sorry Bfine, Tee is damn good, but Chase still got 1,000 yards receiving and all those TD's all while missing
4 games and was banged up with the hip in the game where he hurt it and got over 100 yards as well. He is probably the hardest 
WR to tackle in the NFL with his balance and leg strength and has uncanny abilities that just cannot be taught.

You will not find another Ja'Marr Chase and I wouldn't take Justin Jefferson over Ja'Marr Chase. 

It's because he was targeted many more times than Tee despite missing those games. I showed that Tee had more yards per catch and yards per reception. it's just Ja'Marr is JBs binky. 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See opinions like these are why we can't have nice things.

You’ve shown nothing but a biased Fred like reach to try and cherry pick certain numbers (and omit other important ones like TD’s lol) to make is seem less ridiculous. It’s still ridiculous. Not a single GM in the league would take Tee Higgins over Ja’Mar Chase. Not. A. Single. One. It’s not even a question. Opposing fan bases are probably laughing at this thread as we speak.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’ve shown nothing but a biased Fred like reach to try and cherry pick certain numbers (and omit other important ones like TD’s lol) to make is seem less ridiculous. It’s still ridiculous. Not a single GM in the league would take Tee Higgins over Ja’Mar Chase. Not. A. Single. One. It’s not even a question. Opposing fan bases are probably laughing at this thread as we speak.

Yes, I've shown bias by saying I'd pick Ja'Marr. Don't get mad, save the insults for someone else. When the league determines leading WR they choose either yards or receptions

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes. Mellow

Big yards are great, but TD’s are obviously important, too. I don’t think you’ll find many people argue that Kyle Pitts has been much of a success in the NFL so far. At least relative to expectations.

And I’m not saying JJ doesn’t score plenty. Just not as much as Chase.

Reply/Quote
JJ in 50 career games - 25 TD’s

Chase in 29 career games - 22 TD’s

Yes I think that makes up for the disparity in yards and receptions. It’s a close debate, imo.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because he was targeted many more times than Tee despite missing those games. I showed that Tee had more yards per catch and yards per reception. it's just Ja'Marr is JBs binky. 

That was on Joe early last season trying to force the ball to Chase into double coverage...

Joe learned to take what the D gave him, the entire league knew about Chase after him being ROTY and torching everyone, they all 
adapted to him and he still had a damn good year. Tee is that 80/20 guy for those jump balls that I love to have, but he cannot catch 
the ball on a 2 yard pass and take it the distance like Chase can.

And who wouldn't want a binky like Chase? lol
Reply/Quote
Chase- He is a generational talent!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think they are both ultra talented but in completely different ways. Chase can get down field and also take a short pass and burst past everyone. Higgins has ridiculous ability to catch in traffic, sidelines etc some of the best in the nfl.

However chase is significantly more dynamic so it would have to go to him.
Reply/Quote
1st 2 years, statistical analysis...

(1st 2 yrs)   g     trg    rec    yds      y/r   td     1d    r/g     y/g    cth%   y/tgt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jefferson     33   292   196   3016   15.4  17    133   5.9    91.4   67.1   10.3
Chase         29   262   168   2501   14.9  22    114   5.8    86.2   64.1     9.5
Higgins       30   218   141   1999   14.2  12    105   4.7    66.6    64.7    9.2

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
A better running game would open things back up for Chase deep.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 05:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JJ in 50 career games - 25 TD’s

Chase in 29 career games - 22 TD’s

Yes I think that makes up for the disparity in yards and receptions. It’s a close debate, imo.

I assume you're crushed we didn't sign Jamal Williams

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He does, when Burrow has the time to let the play develop.

He does not always come down with it seems low % of the time so we do not throw deep much. I know the shorter throws are higher % passes but elite guys bring that ball down more often than most. Tee seems to beat double coverage more often, but Tee uses his size to beat it. Where Chase has to beat it with speed both have great hands if they get two hands on the ball. Tee's do not seem to be as deep throws either both are really good. But to me generational talent means dominate player.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A better running game would open things back up for Chase deep.

Nah. Dalvin Cook being a top 5-ish RB definitely isn’t a factor. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is where the Fred comparisons are coming from. Comparing rushing and receiving numbers is stupid, and you know it.

Are you suggesting TDs by a WR are more important than TDs by a RB?

There's nothing "stupid' about it; you obviously don't know it. 

Reply/Quote