Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Higgins or Chase…Who’s The Better Reciever
(03-18-2023, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why do we even have to go there? Chase is better than Higgins at some things and Higgins is better that Chase at other things. Just be happy we have them both.

For the time being.  It would be foolhardy to sign them both to the deals that they deserve, as combined with Burrow's looming extension, keeping them both would seriously cripple the team's ability to keep a strong OL and defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting TDs by a WR are more important than TDs by a RB?

There's nothing "stupid' about it; you obviously don't know it. 

I’m suggesting running it in from the 1yard line is not as impressive as a WR taking it to the house from midfield.

You know - context.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m suggesting running it in from the 1yard line is not as impressive as a WR taking it to the house from midfield.

You know - context.

So that's a yes or no? 

Let's try this: Who was the NFL leading WR this year?

It's OK, I get it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So that's a yes or no? 

Let's try this: Who was the NFL leading WR this year?

It's OK, I get it.

Jefferson is WR1 in the league right now. But the gap between him and Chase is smaller than the one between Chase and Tee (IMO).

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting TDs by a WR are more important than TDs by a RB?

There's nothing "stupid' about it; you obviously don't know it. 

That's a pointless debate, especially when;  Having an OL that can get a yard could likely win the Super Bowl > comparing weather scoring from close to the goal versus from midfield is more importanter..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a pointless debate, especially when;  Having an OL that can get a yard could likely win the Super Bowl > comparing weather scoring from close to the goal versus from midfield is more importanter..

Hell, I agree. I'm the one that suggested they're equally important. 

Did you quote the wrong person/ 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 12:20 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: They each make the other better. You can’t cover man-to-man on either. There isn’t a better WR tandem that’s better in the NFL. Remove one, and the other’s stats will fall because of the way defenses can focus on one, not both, at the same time.

In their respective roles, they both exceed expectations.

I’m glad they are both on our team and hope they will be well into the future.

I would have to go Hill and Waddle as best combo. I hate to say that, but if we’re being honest, it’s the truth. Chase and Higgins #2, Smith and Brown #3. The rest of the combos aren’t even close to the top 3
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:31 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I would have to go Hill and Waddle as best combo. I hate to say that, but if we’re being honest, it’s the truth. Chase and Higgins #2, Smith and Brown #3. The rest of the combos aren’t even close to the top 3

Those dudes only had 15 TDs combined. Stephon Diggs and Gabe Davis had 18, so...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a pointless debate, especially when;  Having an OL that can get a yard could likely win the Super Bowl > comparing weather scoring from close to the goal versus from midfield is more importanter..

*whether

As to your point, an OL also could have won us a Super on 4th down when our stud WR had an All Pro CB laying on the ground (without throwing him down by his face mask mind you).

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Those dudes only had 15 TDs combined. Stephon Diggs and Gabe Davis had 18, so...

Fred 2.0

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fred 2.0

It gets more and more pronounced every week. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fred 2.0

Nah, I don't insult fellow board members, that was Fred's schtick when he had nothing left

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:31 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I would have to go Hill and Waddle as best combo. I hate to say that, but if we’re being honest, it’s the truth. Chase and Higgins #2, Smith and Brown #3. The rest of the combos aren’t even close to the top 3

You deserve a better reply than I gave earlier. If I were to pick #1 I'd have to give it to our guys. Waddle and Hill are great but they're pretty much the same WR. Philly WRs are great with a different skill set. 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, I don't insult fellow board members, that was Fred's schtick when he had nothing left

You’re right, that’s absolutely what Fred was most known for here. It DEFINITELY wasn’t for cherry-picking (and omitting) certain stats.

Anyway, this thread needs to die.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Those dudes only had 15 TDs combined. Stephon Diggs and Gabe Davis had 18, so...

If you want to just select one stat and say, see I told you; then okay. There’s more to football than TD’s. Jamaal Williams had 17 tds last year, was he the best in the league? What hill and waddle did, with Tua and other back up qbs is freaking impressive. They had better stats than Higgins and Chase who have Burrow. Chase is my favorite player, and I’ve been a die hard bengals fan for 20+ years, but I don’t have blinders on. I call it like I see it…with just a little Bengal favoritism :)
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:21 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: If you want to just select one stat and say, see I told you; then okay. There’s more to football than TD’s. Jamaal Williams had 17 tds last year, was he the best in the league? What hill and waddle did, with Tua and other back up qbs is freaking impressive. They had better stats than Higgins and Chase who have Burrow. Chase is my favorite player, and I’ve been a die hard bengals fan for 20+ years, but I don’t have blinders on. I call it like I see it…with just a little Bengal favoritism :)

I agree. That would be "cherry-picking."

Perhaps peep post 73.  

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. That would be "cherry-picking."

Perhaps peep post 73.  

You had already provided the yards and receptions. I was just adding what you omitted. That’s not cherry-picking. It’s providing a full picture.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You had already provided the yards and receptions. I was just adding what you omitted. That’s not cherry-picking. It’s providing a full picture.

Oh, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about folks who assert TDs trump yards and catches.. 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about folks who assert TDs trump yards and catches.. 

*sigh*

Ofc they don’t “trump” yards and receptions. But TD’s are important, too, and you purposely omitted them. Period. I was not even the first person to call you out on it, Nate was.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For the time being.  It would be foolhardy to sign them both to the deals that they deserve, as combined with Burrow's looming extension, keeping them both would seriously cripple the team's ability to keep a strong OL and defense.

This is why I wasn't sure about drafting Chase. Or I should say it's one reason why I was apprehensive about it. Teams just don't pay a superstar QB and a pair of star WRs. It's way too much money just on the passing game. Higgins showed a lot as a rookie, too.

That said, I definitely think Chase is the better of the two. Although it's probably a lot closer than some would like to admit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote