Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Higgins or Chase…Who’s The Better Reciever
To breakup the free agent anxiety permeating this board. I throw out this question.

My answer was going to Higgins but as I was justifying my choice it occurred to me Chase was just as good but doesn’t have the height and Higgins tad slower. So my answer is push and we will have a potent offense when the line is finally fixed!

Who Dey….great time to be a Bengals fan especially for the old timers like me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Year 3 is usually when guys separate from the pack. I think Chase has a higher ceiling than Tee. In the end, I don't care if I'm wrong, they're both great and hopefully some contract magic can be worked out to keep them together.
Reply/Quote
One guy is really really good

The other guy literally forces other teams to run cover 2 out of fear of him breaking everything he touches for a TD.

Which guy do you think is better?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Chase and it's not as close as some think. Plus he is a better blocker.

No slight on Higgins though, he is very good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Why do we even have to go there? Chase is better than Higgins at some things and Higgins is better that Chase at other things. Just be happy we have them both.
Reply/Quote
They are different but complimentary receivers. I am not sure that you can say one is better than the other because they both bring different strengths to the field but both are deadly to a defense.
Reply/Quote
I think Chase overall is better, and his contract is going to demonstrate that. However, this doesn't mean that he is better than Tee in every facet of the game. Higgins is a better contested catch receiver, for instance. He's big and strong with great hands. Chase is just so, so dangerous after the catch. If I was forced to pick between the two, I pick Chase every time but I don't think it is a massive difference.
Reply/Quote
Tee is a top 10 receiver.

Chase is a generational talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think Chase overall is better, and his contract is going to demonstrate that. However, this doesn't mean that he is better than Tee in every facet of the game. Higgins is a better contested catch receiver, for instance. He's big and strong with great hands. Chase is just so, so dangerous after the catch. If I was forced to pick between the two, I pick Chase every time but I don't think it is a massive difference.

Whet he said^
Reply/Quote
Love them both but Chase seems more durable to me.
Yes he got hurt but can’t recall any other injuries than the one.

Tee gets a lot of little tweaks and nagging issues that make me nervous. He seems a little more injury-prone. May have something to do w their physiques as Chase is a dang fire plug.

Chase also commands more attn from D’s. Teams are mortified of him.

I love the quiet class and professionalism that Tee plays with. Reminds me of AJ.

Love ‘em both though.
Reply/Quote
ooooh Chase is like no one I've ever seen before.. Like a RB and a great WR all in one. Higgins catch radius and skills keep him in the conversation but I'll go Chase
Reply/Quote
Folks are saying Chase makes Tee's life easier by drawing coverage. If memory serves Tee did pretty well while Chase was sidelined.

I heard he led the NFL during that 4 game stretch but never verified, all I know is Tee doesn't need Chase to be elite.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:39 AM)Housh Wrote: One guy is really really good

The other guy literally forces other teams to run cover 2 out of fear of him breaking everything he touches for a TD.

Exactly, I thought this thread was created as a joke. 
Reply/Quote

This x100. 

Chase. Not even close, as good as Tee is. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals never saw two high safeties with regularity until Chase blew the league up in his rookie season. Plus the Bengals WR's were very average blockers until they saw their rookie superstar blocking his butt off and followed suit.

Chase has more TD's in 2 years then Tee in 3 years. Let's compare their rookie seasons when Higgins shared the ball with Boyd and Chase shared it with Higgins and Boyd.

Higgins..........67 rec.......908 yds..........6 TD's............13.6 average per catch
Chase............81 rec.....1,455 yds........14 TD's...........18.0 average per catch

Projected out to same amount of catches to give Tee a chance

Higgins...........81 rec............1,098 yds.......7.25 TD's ........13.6 average
Chase..............81 rec............1,455 yds.....14.0 TD's ........18.0 average

Chase did this despite Higgins having 1,091 yds receiving and Boyd having 828 yds. Also Chase and Higgins stats are similar this season despite Chase missing 5 games and of course the Buffalo game was canceled on both of them.

Higgins...........74 rec..........1,029 yds......7 TD's .........14.7 average
Chase.............87 rec...........1,046 yds......9TD's...........12.0 average

Again Chase has more TD's in 2 years than Higgins has had in 3. In fact 3 more which sounds minuscule but it is almost a half of a season more than Higgins averages a year at 6.33. Again in a whole season less where he sat out 5 games. Believe Tee missed 2 games as well, so Chase played 3 less games and of course Chase draws more double teams

Heck lets compare to Boyd to Higgins this season

Higgins.........74 rec............1,029 yds................7 TD's ...........13.9 average
Boyd.............58 rec...............762 yds.................5 TD's............13.1 average

projected out to same amount of catches Boyd would have 971 yds and 6.37 TD's only 58 yds behind Higgins 0.63 TD's behind and nobody is ready to crown Boyd.

Now I wish this was not the case per my Cards play in the ACC and want them to come out on top of the SEC whenever possible, but it's just not the case in this argument.

Now if you were to say Chase will get paid $30 million and Higgins $20 million a year and compare their worth to the team then it becomes really close and MAYBE Higgins even wins per the Bengals could have another $10 million player to go with Tee at same price. Yet Chase is Burrow's boy so it's senseless to get into that, but I would probably have Tee edge out Chase in this scenario.

Just head to head though, Chase all day long.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:06 AM)OSUfan Wrote: They are different but complimentary receivers. I am not sure that you can say one is better than the other because they both bring different strengths to the field but both are deadly to a defense.

Because they both brings different strengths to the field,and complement one another,all the more reason the Bengals need to keep them together,whatever it takes,along with Burrow.
Reply/Quote

(03-18-2023, 11:44 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This x100. 

Chase. Not even close, as good as Tee is. 
Tee missed one game last year. In that game, Ja'Marr had 7 catches for 50 yards and 0 TDs. Ja'Marr missed 4 games last year during that stretch Tee had 26 catches for 371 yards and 2 TDs.

Now, who benefits from whom drawing coverage? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Chase and Higgins are very good,obviously,and we’re vey fortunate to have them.But,do you think Joe Burrow has a big impact on their success? Sure he does.With Burrow at quarterback,an average WR might go to the pro bowl.

By the way,,,Chase is the better WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee missed one game last year. In that game, Ja'Marr had 7 catches for 50 yards and 0 TDs. Ja'Marr missed 4 games last year during that stretch Tee had 26 catches for 371 yards and 2 TDs.

Now, who benefits from whom drawing coverage? 

One game is a pretty small litmus test for one, while the other gets 4 games.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Would let Joe Burrow decide since he throws to them daily.

Who does he target the most ?

Seems like I'm not, but am a huge Higgins fan. Yet Chase changed everything.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote