Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Higgins signs new deal?
(04-09-2023, 07:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: This is about what someone in a thread some days ago said would be a fair deal. And a far cry from the $25 million-a-year some had thrown out.

But isn't Tee's agent, David Muugheta, supposed to be very difficult to deal with? I was expecting a protracted contract battle.

It would be a very welcome surprise if his deal is that low. That would be a pretty team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 07:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: This is about what someone in a thread some days ago said would be a fair deal. And a far cry from the $25 million-a-year some had thrown out.

But isn't Tee's agent, David Muugheta, supposed to be very difficult to deal with? I was expecting a protracted contract battle.

25 million per a year is a fair deal for Tee! If we get him for less than it is a steel!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well considering OBJ has just signed with the Ravens for 18m

85/5 is a ***** steal.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wonder what the "trade Tee fan club"
Has to say now ?

I believe most people that were talking about trading Tee were saying if Tee couldnt be extended for a reasonable amount he should be traded.  Nobody wanted him traded unless he couldnt be extended because he would walk away as a free agent after this season and the Bengals would be left with nothing when they could have had draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Chase is next year, at the earliest, probably year after. Wilson will happen sooner, if it happens before he gets to FA. 

Why do you think it won't be next year?

Him and Burrow are boys, so unlikely he leaves, but we wouldn't want to piss him off. 

Plus, salaries will go up and, likely, so will his production, so it also makes sense financially.

Other players around the league (and also college players) see this, so they'll likely be more willing to play here if they know we lock up our players early and take care of them.
Reply/Quote
Huge if true!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
5 years 85m plus the last year of his rookie deal to spread it out on would be an amazing deal for the Bengals. We probably won't hear anything until around noon tomorrow or even Tuesday because of Easter Monday lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5/85 is a god damn steal if true. If that’s the number then he wanted to help us stay flexible.

5 years too is a gift from god
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: At least Tony put a question mark after it in the title ("Higgins signs new deal?"). And it does look like a good source. But completed on Easter?

It wouldn't be the first deal completed today, but it might be a circumstance of completed deal and the team won't announce anything until he gets to the facility and puts his name to paper (I have no idea if they will do digital signatures for player contracts).  We won't know anything for sure until it is announced by the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 07:22 PM)J24 Wrote: 25 million per a year is a fair deal for Tee! If we get him for less than it is a steel!

25 million would put Tee in the top 5 paid WRs group.  Nobody is going to pay Tee that much money.
Reply/Quote
I'd be absolutely floored if $17 million is the per year average, unless perhaps the 5 year $85 million is actually a four year extension and is including the upcoming season.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:35 PM)pally Wrote:

These cryptic tweets from athletes.

Well, builds the suspense, I guess. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: These cryptic tweets from athletes.

Well, builds the suspense, I guess. 

It's obvious at this point a deal has been reached....
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 25 million would put Tee in the top 5 paid WRs group.  Nobody is going to pay Tee that much money.

You are wrong

That’s all ima say

If he hit free agency this year the Ravens would’ve offered him that the 1st minute of free agency

The Cardinals looking to replace Hopkins would’ve offered 25 per immediately

If i really cares to research more i bet I’d find more.

I wouldn’t even count out a crazy team like the Chiefs. Maybe they’d scrounge up 25M
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:16 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I'd be absolutely floored if $17 million is the per year average, unless perhaps the 5 year $85 million is actually a four year extension and is including the upcoming season.

This makes sense

But even if it is 21.25 per year is still a steal. He could easily wait a year and get up to 25 per.

If this is the deal then imo Chase, Burrow and Tee are in cahoots and they are definitely working these deals to stay together
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 25 million would put Tee in the top 5 paid WRs group.  Nobody is going to pay Tee that much money.

Yeah they would
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

He is, and this is all rumors at this point. The only way it happened is if the trio all decided they'd take friendlier deals to stick together 
Reply/Quote

$25m/yr is what AJ Brown got just last year and DK Metcalf got $24m/yr. If Higgins hit FA, he'd get offered $25m/yr by multiple teams. $25m/yr won't even be top-5 when the season starts, it'll probably be tied for 7th for 2023 and then fall out of the top-10 in 2024.

Consider me extremely untrusting that he signed a 5yr/$85m extension. That would mean he'd get kicked out of the top-20 paid WRs before the season even starts. He'd be 19th right now, with Justin Jefferson and CeeDee Lamb extensions impending that would kick him to at best 21st. He'd barely be above what Hunter Renfrow got last year and a full $1m below what Christian Kirk got last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 07:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why do you think it won't be next year?

Him and Burrow are boys, so unlikely he leaves, but we wouldn't want to piss him off. 

Plus, salaries will go up and, likely, so will his production, so it also makes sense financially.

Other players around the league (and also college players) see this, so they'll likely be more willing to play here if they know we lock up our players early and take care of them.

Well, I do not have the histories in front of me, but next year is Chase's 3rd. We have him under contract for 2 more years after this year (5th year option). While franchise QBs tend to get the extension done after year 3, IDK if if 1st round WR1's follow the same pattern. This is Tee's year 3 offseason, but he is a second rounder, so he's a FA after this year.

There are benefits to getting it done earlier for the team, like spreading the signing bonus out over more years. But how FA goes next year, how the draft class looks at various spots we need, how injuries look, how much the cap is expected to rise, how the team does next year....are all unknown. We could decide we are better served to kick the can doen the road a year on Chase and use that $$$ on another player (FA or retaining one of our own).  

If Tee is really in the 5/80-85 range, I hope this is a tell that Burrow, Tee, & Chase have decided to not try & break the bank but instead decided to keep the band together. 
Reply/Quote