Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Comedy from Hobson
(02-23-2021, 11:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think COVID was the big reason. In May, no teams were meeting with players, so no team could do a medical check or workout with Warford. I'd still bring him in for a workout and medical check this offseason. He also won't count against comp picks, which is another bonus for Mike Brown.

If we can do workouts I am interested, specifically, I want to see if he is in shape or not. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we can do workouts I am interested, specifically, I want to see if he is in shape or not. 

Apparently he had received multiple offers last offseason and still chose to opt out. "Warford is looking to start a family and will continue to train and revisit playing in 2021."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29554086/free-agent-guard-larry-warford-opts-2020-season
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:28 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ocqnnqSsFn1szzka4o1_500.gif]

Lol, yeah.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Apparently he had received multiple offers last offseason and still chose to opt out. "Warford is looking to start a family and will continue to train and revisit playing in 2021."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29554086/free-agent-guard-larry-warford-opts-2020-season

Then I am interested as well. Good move by him as no one could work him out last year anyways.

Thuney or Warford at Guard, Daryl Williams or Ricky Wagner at RT, Alex Mack at Center...
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Then I am interested as well. Good move by him as no one could work him out last year anyways.

Thuney or Warford at Guard, Daryl Williams or Ricky Wagner at RT, Alex Mack at Center...

The optimist in me believes the Bengals will get two good OL in FA - OG and RT.
The realist in me is thinking there will only be one, and it's probably RT.
The pessimist in me thinks the Bengals just bring back Spain, keep Hart at RT, and draft one new OL to compete for a starting spot.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The optimist in me believes the Bengals will get two good OL in FA - OG and RT.
The pessimist in me thinks the Bengals just bring back Spain, keep Hart at RT, and draft one new OL to compete for a starting spot.

Hope the pessimist is dead wrong. Burrow should be wanting out of here if that happens. Would be complete BS. Whatever

We should bring back Spain but we need to add at least one proven RT and Mack who should be relatively cheap.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The optimist in me believes the Bengals will get two good OL in FA - OG and RT.

Realistically, I feel like they will sign a RT then draft a starting guard in round 4.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 10:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Realistically, I feel like they will sign a RT then draft a starting guard in round 4.

I also think they'll draft (at least) one OL even if they sign one in FA. I didn't list the drafted OL in my optimist or realist because my focus was on the FA portion.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hobson is not a journalist - he's a paid team mouth piece. He writes what he's told to write.

Why do people get worked up over the man doing the job he is paid to do?

If you're looking for Bengals news, don't read Hobson. Why does anyone read his stuff at all? Seriously...
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 10:39 AM)Stewy Wrote: Hobson is not a journalist - he's a paid team mouth piece.  He writes what he's told to write.

Why do people get worked up over the man doing the job he is paid to do?

If you're looking for Bengals news, don't read Hobson.  Why does anyone read his stuff at all?  Seriously...

Hobson reminds me of one of those infomercials that tries to look like a talk show or news program.  This just in...the Ronco Egg Scrambler 2000 is awesome!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:59 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think this is the best post of yours I’ve ever read. Because that is exactly right.

(02-22-2021, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I concur. Mellow

(02-23-2021, 03:28 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ocqnnqSsFn1szzka4o1_500.gif]

[Image: ht_end_of_world_meme_cat_bunker_ss_thg-121220_ssh.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Then I am interested as well. Good move by him as no one could work him out last year anyways.

I'd scratch Mack off your list. He's getting up there in age and has been slowly trending down in a lot of metrics the last 3 years. He's the kind of guy the Bengals would pick up in the past, past their prime and a year or two too late to get any good production out of. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 10:39 AM)Stewy Wrote: If you're looking for Bengals news, don't read Hobson.  Why does anyone read his stuff at all?  Seriously...

I read all of his stuff because he does have significant access to players and the front office.  But I do that with the understanding that he is a paid mouthpiece for the team and not an independent reporter.

Same way that when I read Paul Daugherty I understand that he tries to appeal to the haters.
Reply/Quote
Hob the Knob...
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same way that when I read Paul Daugherty I understand that he tries to appeal to the haters.

You clearly don't read Paul Daugherty if that's what you think.  You're basing that off an article or two (or three...) that you've read over the years that you've allowed to shape your entire opinion about him as a writer.

Fwiw, Daugherty actually did a 180 on the Bengals years back and while I wouldn't say he was a homer, I would say he defended them more often than not.  He's soured a bit in recent years, but that's to be expected of any objective reporter.  Even still, he writes quite a bit that is positive.

He also writes a ton about his daughter, who has Down Syndrome.  He writes a lot about his vacations, his golf game, his favorite beers, and ends every article now with what old school music he's listening to.  And of course he talks about UC and Luke Fickell, and XU, and the Reds, and so on and so on.

I don't want sound like the President of his fan club, but as someone who has read the Enquirer every single day for the last 30 years I can't help but call out bs like this.  He never tried to appeal specifically to any type of fan.  He just has a certain personality that you'd have to actually read or listen to day in and day out (I'm still mad Lance McCalister replaced him as the host of Sports Talk) to fully understand.  He never had any agenda in regards to the Bengals. He's not a "hater".

I would encourage everyone to read some of his articles to see if I'm wrong, but of course as we all know the Enquirer as been behind a paywall for the last decade so if you aren't in town then you're probably not going to be able to read anything that's not linked here.
Reply/Quote
Note the title I gave the OP....you read Hobson for the comic effect.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 03:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You clearly don't read Paul Daugherty if that's what you think.  You're basing that off an article or two (or three...) that you've read over the years that you've allowed to shape your entire opinion about him as a writer.

Fwiw, Daugherty actually did a 180 on the Bengals years back and while I wouldn't say he was a homer, I would say he defended them more often than not.  He's soured a bit in recent years, but that's to be expected of any objective reporter.  Even still, he writes quite a bit that is positive.

He also writes a ton about his daughter, who has Down Syndrome.  He writes a lot about his vacations, his golf game, his favorite beers, and ends every article now with what old school music he's listening to.  And of course he talks about UC and Luke Fickell, and XU, and the Reds, and so on and so on.

I don't want sound like the President of his fan club, but as someone who has read the Enquirer every single day for the last 30 years I can't help but call out bs like this.  He never tried to appeal specifically to any type of fan.  He just has a certain personality that you'd have to actually read or listen to day in and day out (I'm still mad Lance McCalister replaced him as the host of Sports Talk) to fully understand.  He never had any agenda in regards to the Bengals.  He's not a "hater".

I would encourage everyone to read some of his articles to see if I'm wrong, but of course as we all know the Enquirer as been behind a paywall for the last decade so if you aren't in town then you're probably not going to be able to read anything that's not linked here.

Back when he first showed up, i thought he was trying to walk in Mike Bass' shoes (i could never stand that guy). Over time i was able to acquire a taste for him (no cannabalism). He's probably more on the pessimistic side than i am (from what i recall when i used to read him regularly) but it's a nice change from the 'everything is wine and roses' takes. 

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

Priority #1 - protect JB. Get some major upgrades on Oline through free agency and draft.

Priority #2 - get JB another weapon or two, WR, TE.

Priority #3 - Dline

Dline/edge rusher needs to be priority by
Bet two after protecting Burrow. Burrow ain’t dalton. Burrow gonna get whomever the ball regardless of who it is. Go sign a galloday or Watkins or a Marvin Jones and Ben done with the wr talk imo
Reply/Quote
I stopped reading at the "D-Line is worse than the O-Line" bit. Reader, Lawson, Hubbard and even Mike Daniels are better than any of our O-Lineman. Jonah and maybe Spain are our only decent shrooms, and the verdict on Jonah is still out since last season was basically his rookie year.

I wish Hobtoon would lose his job soon.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 04:04 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I stopped reading at the "D-Line is worse than the O-Line" bit. Reader, Lawson, Hubbard and even Mike Daniels are better than any of our O-Lineman. Jonah and maybe Spain are our only decent shrooms, and the verdict on Jonah is still out since last season was basically his rookie year.

I wish Hobtoon would lose his job soon.

But what if Lawson, Atkins, and Daniels aren't on the team this year?  Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote