Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
High School Boys Are Trending Conservative
(08-01-2023, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Climate change is an eventual threat but it's not like the end of the world is coming, like Dems like to scare people into thinking.

They'd get a moral victory if Republicans like me give in and act like they cured cancer.

It's a typical non-issue that they like to ***** and complain about, which is what they do best.

We'll take care of CC later then. 

Liberals and scientists pushed against denial to reduce acid rain. 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/acid-rain-environment-earth-day/
Maybe that's enough environmental attention for now.

Meantime, are you sure "complain" is what Dems do best?

I'm thinking about Medicare and Social Security and Medicaid, programs most want to keep. 

You don't like Obamacare but that's really a Republican health plan. 

Also Dems had some pretty good financial regulation in place till somebody took it apart before 2008.

Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act might turn out well too. We'll see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Climate change is an eventual threat but it's not like the end of the world is coming, like Dems like to scare people into thinking.

They'd get a moral victory if Republicans like me give in and act like they cured cancer.

It's a typical non-issue that they like to ***** and complain about, which is what they do best.

Climate Change isn't (or shouldn't be) a political opinion, and it isn't Dems scaring people into thinking that. It's the scientific institutions that study the climate. NASA has estimated that by 2100, the average temperature on Earth will be 8° F higher than it is today. You can use this tool, also developed by NASA, to visualize the effects that rising sea levels could have on the world. These rising sea levels would be due to climate change and the melting of ice sheets. If these sheets experience only a partial loss, it would be enough to put nearly a quarter of Florida completely underwater, as well as roughly half of Louisiana. If the ice sheets are completely lost, entire countries and much of the U.S. would be underwater. 

You can argue that you believe the Dems policies are ineffective to fight climate change, but climate change itself could absolutely bring about the end of the world, or our society as we know it. It is most definitely not a "non-issue". 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 07:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Climate Change isn't (or shouldn't be) a political opinion, and it isn't Dems scaring people into thinking that. It's the scientific institutions that study the climate. NASA has estimated that by 2100, the average temperature on Earth will be 8° F higher than it is today. You can use this tool, also developed by NASA, to visualize the effects that rising sea levels could have on the world. These rising sea levels would be due to climate change and the melting of ice sheets. If these sheets experience only a partial loss, it would be enough to put nearly a quarter of Florida completely underwater, as well as roughly half of Louisiana. If the ice sheets are completely lost, entire countries and much of the U.S. would be underwater. 

You can argue that you believe the Dems policies are ineffective to fight climate change, but climate change itself could absolutely bring about the end of the world, or our society as we know it. It is most definitely not a "non-issue". 

If all the women complaining about that are carpooling and doing other things to limit their carbon emissions, then they care, but I don't see women too big doing that or trying to get others to do it, so it's just an issue they use to build a case for their real complaint, which is abortion.

Just sounds like finding an issue to ***** about.
Reply/Quote
How did a thread about high school boys becoming female-repellent incels turn into a debate on whether a woman can care about more than abortion if she doesn't carpool?

Here is a free tip boys, the best way to get a woman is to acknowledge that she might live for something other than getting abortions.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 07:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How did a thread about high school boys becoming female-repellent incels turn into a debate on whether a woman can care about more than abortion if she doesn't carpool?

Don't' try to play it off.

He said climate change is a big issue to women and I pointed out that, if it was such a big issue to them, why aren't they taking personal actions against it.

Contribute to the thread or stay out.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 07:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If all the women complaining about that are carpooling and doing other things to limit their carbon emissions, then they care, but I don't see women too big doing that or trying to get others to do it, so it's just an issue they use to build a case for their real complaint, which is abortion.

Is that out your window or....?

I mean how do you KNOW women are doing anything so they don't care?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is that out your window or....?

I mean how do you KNOW women are doing anything so they don't care?

I chat with people. I'm out a lot.

I sit out at rush hour and blow kisses to cars (started during lockdowns) and I rarely see two people in a car unless it's a couple or full family.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't' try to play it off.

He said climate change is a big issue to women and I pointed out that, if it was such a big issue to them, why aren't they taking personal actions against it.

Contribute to the thread or stay out.

Maybe women are taking personal action against you.  You've said a few things in this thread that make me wonder how often you interact with women.  Of course, we're both regulars at arguing on an internet forum for a football team, so we're probably both in the same boat, eh?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I chat with people. I'm out a lot.

I sit out at rush hour and blow kisses to cars (started during lockdowns) and I rarely see two people in a car unless it's a couple or full family.

Yeah, but there are MILLIONS of women in this country.

For example my wife car pools virtually every day to work.  Sometimes one of the other of them has a meeting or an appointment but otherwise they go together.  There were four of them but one retired and one left that job.

You don't know or can't see enough people to make that judgement for the the majority of women.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe women are taking personal action against you.  You've said a few things in this thread that make me wonder how often you interact with women.  Of course, we're both regulars at arguing on an internet forum for a football team, so we're probably both in the same boat, eh?

Once again, ad hominem attacks because you're not good at debating this topic.

How are women taking personal action against me?

I interact with lots of women each day.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, ad hominem attacks because you're not good at debating this topic.

I don't need to debate about this, I'm just here to keep hearing about your perceptions of women.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, but there are MILLIONS of women in this country.

For example my wife car pools virtually every day to work.  Sometimes one of the other of them has a meeting or an appointment but otherwise they go together.  There were four of them but one retired and one left that job.

You don't know or can't see enough people to make that judgement for the the majority of women.

Male workers are almost 50 percent more likely than female workers to carpool with nonhousehold members

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Male workers are almost 50 percent more likely than female workers to carpool with nonhousehold members

It could be the case that zero women have ever carpooled, and it still wouldn't follow that women aren't concerned about the climate, or that they only care about abortion. Your argument is extremely fallacious and irrational.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 03:14 PM)Dill Wrote: Could there be people who agree critical thinking skills should be taught, but DON'T think exactly like Pally? 

Of course, but not if they're conservative.  At least according to Pally.  Odd that you wouldn't call her out for such a claim.  Oh wait, she's a leftist and you never call them out.  Ever.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:29 PM)Lucidus Wrote: It could be the case that zero women have ever carpooled, and it still wouldn't follow that women aren't concerned about the climate, or that they only care about abortion. Your argument is extremely fallacious and irrational.
You ask me for proof that women care less about climate change, which was just one example, and you act like it invalidated my argument, so I post an example and you say it's irrational.
Typical leftist argument.
Like saying a man is a woman if he claims to be, despite no physical characteristics of a woman.
Reply/Quote
[Image: alex-p-keaton.jpg]

Time is a flat circle.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You ask me for proof that women care less about climate change, which was just one example, and you act like it invalidated my argument, so I post an example and you say it's irrational.
Typical leftist argument.
Like saying a man is a woman if he claims to be, despite no physical characteristics of a woman.

I didn't ask you for anything. You presented a nonsensical argument:

If all the women complaining about that are carpooling and doing other things to limit their carbon emissions, then they care, but I don't see women too big doing that or trying to get others to do it, so it's just an issue they use to build a case for their real complaint, which is abortion.

Women - just like men - can and do demonstrate concern for the climate in a wide variety of ways.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 03:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just goes to show that I know what I'm talking about and you post empty rhetoric and personal attacks.

What has Biden done for healthcare? Obamacare was a failure, so why would they vote for someone to achieve something that even his boss couldn't do? What were Biden's 
Wage gap? Show me where a woman is paid less for the same work.
Guns? More woman I know own guns than men. Why would women want to take away their protection against robbers and rapists?
Republicans don't want to abolish social security nets but they want to make them more efficient and stop people from abusing them.
Domestic violence? You think Republicans don't care about domestic violence?
Crime? Which party wants lawless open borders and wants to defund the police?
Republicans support the Equal Rights Amendment. Equal opportunity is the same thing. You're just posting things thinking I'm too stupid or will just look at the list and accept it.
How big of an issue is climate change to female voters? Like everything else, it's a scare tactic used by Dems.
What other body autonomy is an issue besides for abortion?
Democrats want higher taxes and a bigger government, so Democratic women like paying higher taxes?
Women want more federal spending?
Everyone wants to end hate and racism.
Justice system is crime. Once again, you're just posting a long list to make it sound complete but most are wrong.

And you have just proven my point that you know nothing about what women think.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 09:53 PM)pally Wrote: And you have just proven my point that you know nothing about what women think.  

A quick guide.

[Image: 8b42ehy9ei731.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 08:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course, but not if they're conservative.  At least according to Pally.  Odd that you wouldn't call her out for such a claim.  Oh wait, she's a leftist and you never call them out.  Ever.

Well, watching how various red states are revising their education standards to remove anything that might be considered controversial or hurt someone's feelings, it becomes easy to draw that conclusion.  One cannot develop critical thinking skills if nothing critical or controversial is ever presented.   Critical thinking requires challenges to paradigms.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote