Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Standards. We Don’t Have Them
“People have a right to criticize. We’re not doing things very well. We’re not running the ball very effectively, and it always starts up front. If that’s where the blame is going to go, put a target on my chest first. That’s how I feel about it. I’m responsible for those guys. Let’s start there.”

- Dante Scarnecchia, Offensive Line Coach of the 8-0 New England Patriots

+++

Where is that kind of attitude in Cincinnati?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have a large segment of fanbase in this forum that are critical of those that criticize after wins. That's why the Patriots and the Warriors have so many championships.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “People have a right to criticize. We’re not doing things very well.  We’re not running the ball very effectively, and it always starts up front. If that’s where the blame is going to go, put a target on my chest first. That’s how I feel about it. I’m responsible for those guys. Let’s start there.”

+++

And they have Marshal Newhouse as their LT. Remember him? He was a backup here a few years back.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have a large segment of fanbase in this forum that are critical of those that criticize after wins. That's why the Patriots and the Warriors have so many championships.

I feel like I'd be a famous poster on the Patriots board.

Here in the offseason, I criticize Zac Taylor and have people tell me I'm negative and explain away why he failed as OC at UC and in Miami.

We lose by 1 to Seattle and people were talking about how great Taylor was. THAT'S A LOW BAR!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like I'd be a famous poster on the Patriots board.

Here in the offseason, I criticize Zac Taylor and have people tell me I'm negative and explain away why he failed as OC at UC and in Miami.

We lose by 1 to Seattle and people were talking about how great Taylor was. THAT'S A LOW BAR!

I left that game thinking that was the first time in a long time I felt we lost a game that "we should have won". Then we proceed to lose the next 7 in this unpredictable fashion. That week 1 team looked different.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “People have a right to criticize. We’re not doing things very well.  We’re not running the ball very effectively, and it always starts up front. If that’s where the blame is going to go, put a target on my chest first. That’s how I feel about it. I’m responsible for those guys. Let’s start there.”

+++

This team is the NFL's poster child for words like - mediocre, settling, second rate, so-so.

It's ingrained deep in the heart of this team and thus far nothing and no one has been able to uproot it.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I left that game thinking that was the first time in a long time I felt we lost a game that "we should have won". Then we proceed to lose the next 7 in this unpredictable fashion. That week 1 team looked different.

You need to hire me as a life coach. I won't let those types of things happen to you.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This team is the NFL's poster child for words like - mediocre, settling, second rate, so-so.

It's ingrained deep in the heart of this team and thus far nothing and no one has been able to uproot it.

Just wait...this offseason...we'll change out a few assistants. We'll draft. Sign some D-tier free agents. Get Jonah back...

And this board will be buzzing that the team has turned the corner. Hope renewed.

Happens...every...year.

After the Bengals re-signed Hart...I knew we were done.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I left that game thinking that was the first time in a long time I felt we lost a game that "we should have won". Then we proceed to lose the next 7 in this unpredictable fashion. That week 1 team looked different.

That's one of the more perplexing things about this season. I mean that team showed discipline, heart, and soul ! WTF happened after that ???
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's one of the more perplexing things about this season. I mean that team showed discipline, heart, and soul ! WTF happened after that ???

There was no tape on our schemes. We call the same plays over and over and over...

And our weaknesses were exposed. Our coaches don't adjust.

The team probably still believed in Taylor then too.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: And they have Marshal Newhouse as their LT. Remember him? He was a backup here a few years back.

Wait... Is it your assertion that the Patriots are a better coached, and better run franchise Jan the Bengals?

The Patriots man...A couple of years ago, all of their skill position players were white. The one who wasn't, his last name was White. That's how far ahead of everyone else they are. They troll the rest of the league, and make up their own challenges. Let's field a team of late round, and undrafted white dudes, and stomp everyone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This team is the NFL's poster child for words like - mediocre, settling, second rate, so-so.

Unless you can uproot the owner and front office it’ll never change. 28 years and counting...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:49 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Unless you can uproot the owner and front office it’ll never change.  28 years and counting...

Revenue sharing is partially to blame for this.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:44 PM)jason Wrote: Wait... Is it your assertion that the Patriots are a better coached, and better run franchise Jan the Bengals?

Are you trying out new screen names for BengalChris?   Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Revenue sharing is partially to blame for this.

A romantic evening in Massillon 85 years ago is totally to blame for this.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A romantic evening in Massillon 85 years ago is totally to blame for this.

did they not have trojans back then!?? 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A romantic evening in Massillon 85 years ago is totally to blame for this.

paul created the epitome of wasted spooge!

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:44 PM)jason Wrote: Wait... Is it your assertion that the Patriots are a better coached, and better run franchise Jan the Bengals?

The Patriots man...A couple of years ago, all of their skill position players were white. The one who wasn't, his last name was White. That's how far ahead of everyone else they are. They troll the rest of the league, and make up their own challenges. Let's field a team of late round, and undrafted white dudes, and stomp everyone.

Well... I'm not sure what race has to do with it or anything else for that matter.

We got rid of a black guy at HC who was past his prime and brought in a young white guy who doesn't seem to have a prime.

Reply/Quote

+++

To be fair, Zac Taylor has taken ownership like this. And that's at least a step in the right direction.

The problem is that we haven't seen the moves made that we feel should be made. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote