Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 06:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. He/she's will only grow if this proceeds.   They will just identify to compete in sports.    Kids already move schools at will now.   It will only take a girls soccer or basketball team winning with a boy.    There is pressure to win in high schools atheltics and lines are often crossed.    

The idea a preteen or teenager will voluntarily identify as the opposite sex and willfully subject themselves to your type of prejudice to play sports is just laughable.
(11-06-2015, 10:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The idea a preteen or teenager will voluntarily identify as the opposite sex and willfully subject themselves to your type of prejudice to play sports is just laughable.

Actually it wasn't even that funny.   Ninja

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 225px-Bend_Her.jpg]
(11-06-2015, 10:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The idea a preteen or teenager will voluntarily identify as the opposite sex and willfully subject themselves to your type of prejudice to play sports is just laughable.

Chance for an athletic scholarship is a massive reason to subject themselves. Kids move around all the time for this chance. Faking an address.
(11-06-2015, 10:33 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Slurs are slurs. You can't pretend they don't mean anything just because you're a straight, white, male that doesn't care about anything but your own little bubble of discrimination.

You better feel the need to cut back on the slurs, it's just flat out not acceptable on here, per the new rules. You may play dumb, but I highly doubt you're actually stupid enough to not realize when you're using a specific word that is obviously a problem. Stop playing stupid. I hope I'm not giving you too much credit, I'm trying to be nice about this.

Actually it's not a slur. http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/05/30/is_tranny_a_slur_or_an_identity_who_decides.html

And like I said I accomodated at first but it just became some peoples way to have a beef with me. After all I used their word for them and it still was a slur supposedly ... Lol

That's when he judgement crowd here lost all credibility.
(11-06-2015, 02:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually it's not a slur.   http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/05/30/is_tranny_a_slur_or_an_identity_who_decides.html

And like I said I accomodated at first but it just became some peoples way to have a beef with me.   After all I used their word for them and it still was a slur supposedly ... Lol  

That's when he judgement crowd here lost all credibility.

Did you even read the article you linked? I'm guessing "no" is the answer to that.

"For outsiders, the contours of this debate are surely hazy, so here’s a rough sketch. ***** and words like it have long been used within the ***** world, among many transgender people and especially in the drag subculture, as signs of appreciation or friendship, much in the same way that some African Americans employ the word n****r. While ***** can also certainly be used as a slur (outsiders should not use it for this reason), it is the kind of term that has been claimed by many as a celebration of their own queerness, an indication of their intention to futz with our society’s deeply ingrained gender binary. Other trans people, though, have always found the term derogatory, rejecting it out of hand."
Hopefully the mods will see that Lucie agrees with an article that puts "*****" in the same boat as the "n-word" (which isn't allowed here). Doesn't that mean, essentially, that you're advocating the immediate ban of anyone that uses "*****", just as it would be an immediate ban for anyone to use the other?

I'm glad to see that you're finally learning something! Congratulations, welcome to being a good human being! Clapping
(11-06-2015, 02:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Chance for an athletic scholarship is a massive reason to subject themselves.

LMAO

I'm surprised even you would waste your time typing such a ridiculous argument.  Kids don't want to go to school if they have a pimple, but you think boys will pretend to be girls IOT get a scholarship?  Hell, parents like you are upset with Target because you can't tell which toys are for boys and which are for girls without the signs.  Your suspension certainly didn't improve your judgment any.
(11-06-2015, 03:32 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Hopefully the mods will see that Lucie agrees with an article that puts "*****" in the same boat as the "n-word" (which isn't allowed here). Doesn't that mean, essentially, that you're advocating the immediate ban of anyone that uses "*****", just as it would be an immediate ban for anyone to use the other?

I'm glad to see that you're finally learning something! Congratulations, welcome to being a good human being!  Clapping

Quote:RuPaul’s comments have joined impassioned missives from trans artist Mx. Justin Vivian Bond, trans author and artist Kate Bornstein, and drag performer Lady Bunny, all of whom in their own ways echoed RuPaul’s view that “banning” ***** was an example of a conservative minority speaking on behalf of—and doing a certain kind of violence to—those for whom the term is, in the words of Bornstein, a “valid, vibrant, and vital identity.” Bond is particularly blunt on this point:

What [critics of the word] fail to recognize is that by banishing the use of the word ***** they will not be getting rid of the transphobia of those who use it in a negative way. What it does do is steal a joyous and hard-won identity from those of us who are and have been perfectly comfortable, if not delighted to BE *****.

Obviously this transgender author and many transgender advocates feel differently than you.

And why would this be even an issue for mods? I see that you have an agenda no doubt but discussing a topic is not the same as directly attacking someone here. Groups get talked about often here ...... If we banned any questionable things said about any group here then the forum would be dead.
(11-06-2015, 04:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obviously this transgender author and many transgender advocates feel differently than you.

And why would this be even an issue for mods?  I see that you have an agenda no doubt but discussing a topic is not the same as directly attacking someone here.   Groups get talked about often here ...... If we banned any questionable things said about any group here then the forum would be dead.

Do you believe we should be able to run around using the "n word"?

Other than your beliefs, what do you suspect would happen to a member of the boards using said word?

Just asking, because the link that YOU provided shows how the words are related. Some in the transgender community use it as a term of endearment while others are against it. It CLEARLY says that "outsiders" (hint hint, YOU) should absolutely refrain from using the word all together, just like the "n word".

Do you comprehend all of that???
(11-06-2015, 03:29 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Did you even read the article you linked? I'm guessing "no" is the answer to that.

"For outsiders, the contours of this debate are surely hazy, so here’s a rough sketch. ***** and words like it have long been used within the ***** world, among many transgender people and especially in the drag subculture, as signs of appreciation or friendship, much in the same way that some African Americans employ the word n****r. While ***** can also certainly be used as a slur (outsiders should not use it for this reason), it is the kind of term that has been claimed by many as a celebration of their own queerness, an indication of their intention to futz with our society’s deeply ingrained gender binary. Other trans people, though, have always found the term derogatory, rejecting it out of hand."

(11-06-2015, 04:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obviously this transgender author and many transgender advocates feel differently than you.

And why would this be even an issue for mods?  I see that you have an agenda no doubt but discussing a topic is not the same as directly attacking someone here.   Groups get talked about often here ...... If we banned any questionable things said about any group here then the forum would be dead.

Did you just completely ignore my response above? Seems that way. I wonder why...hmmmmmmmmmmmm
(11-06-2015, 04:34 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Do you believe we should be able to run around using the "n word"?

Other than your beliefs, what do you suspect would happen to a member of the boards using said word?

Just asking, because the link that YOU provided shows how the words are related. Some in the transgender community use it as a term of endearment while others are against it. It CLEARLY says that "outsiders" (hint hint, YOU) should absolutely refrain from using the word all together, just like the "n word".

Do you comprehend all of that???

The N word is not even close to the same. But if this were a topic of conversation here I could have a legitimate discussion without derailing it over 1 word.

Make a thread on it when it's news worthy and I am sure most of us can control ourselves enough to discuss the merits on the news.
(11-06-2015, 04:36 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Did you just completely ignore my response above? Seems that way. I wonder why...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope. The author spells it all out, if they didn't then it would be biased. You want us to acknowledge one part without the other. I didn't post this to be nonstop ***** usage. I posted this because it discusses both ends from a trans perspective.

the real question is why are you attempting to bully me and anyone else who use these words that are obviously acceptable to the community as explained in this article. Slate isn't some right wing source, it's quite progressive.
(11-06-2015, 04:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nope.   The author spells it all out, if they didn't then it would be biased.   You want us to acknowledge one part without the other.   I didn't post this to be nonstop ***** usage.  I posted this because it discusses both ends from a trans perspective.  

the real question is why are you attempting to bully me and anyone else who use these words that are obviously acceptable to the community as explained in this article.    Slate isn't some right wing source, it's quite progressive.

YOU posted an article that YOU agreed with that flat out explained how "*****" is like using the "n word". YOU posted this.

The article clearly states how an outsider (you) should absolutely refrain from using the term. Are you arguing against this now???

I'm bullying 0 people, you're bullying an entire community each time you use the damn word. It's just as acceptable to the community as the "n word" is to the black community, just as the article that YOU posted explains.

How on earth do you not understand this???
(11-06-2015, 05:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: YOU posted an article that YOU agreed with that flat out explained how "*****" is like using the "n word". YOU posted this.

The article clearly states how an outsider (you) should absolutely refrain from using the term. Are you arguing against this now???

I'm bullying 0 people, you're bullying an entire community each time you use the damn word. It's just as acceptable to the community as the "n word" is to the black community, just as the article that YOU posted explains.

How on earth do you not understand this???

We are within a thread debating the validity of this group and whether they deserve the ability to affect others rights to accommodate their own desires.

So discussing this topic is certainly valid and topical and why you are taking this as an insult is beyond me.

Yes I get that you are scared about the usage of the word. We will agree to disagree on its usage. You won't be Changing my mind or shaming me into compliance to your standards of censorship. I posted an article and if you want to discuss that specifically then so be it.... But in doing so you can not ignore the parts you do not like.

Going back to the article I am reminded ....

Quote:And, as Lady Bunny suggests, we might think about whether expending this much energy on semantic infighting is distracting from more important battles elsewhere. I’m personally not sure if it’s a zero-sum game, but I am troubled by how, in our zeal to create a so-called “safe space” for ourselves, safe can so easily become code for ideologically pure. As history has borne out time and again, that’s not a space that’s safe for anyone.
(11-06-2015, 05:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We are within a thread debating the validity of this group and whether they deserve the ability to affect others rights to accommodate their own desires.  

So discussing this topic is certainly valid and topical and why you are taking this as an insult is beyond me.  

Yes I get that you are scared about the usage of the word.   We will agree to disagree on its usage.   You won't be Changing my mind or shaming me into compliance to your standards of censorship.  I posted an article and if you want to discuss that specifically then so be it.... But in doing so you can not ignore the parts you do not like.  

Going back to the article I am reminded ....

Do you use the same standard for using the "n word" to describe black people?

This is asinine logic, at best.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the fact that there are actually a lot of people out there as ignorant as you in the world.

Holy shit, are you telling me that I "CAN'T IGNORE" the parts I don't like?!?! What about you??? You keep ignoring the same part over and over and over and refuse to listen like a child. I posted it a few times, you should go back and read it again because you didn't get it the first time. Stop using the word that you know for a fact is offensive to an entire group of people. It's a slur, that's it, plain and simple.
(11-06-2015, 05:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Do you use the same standard for using the "n word" to describe black people?

This is asinine logic, at best.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the fact that there are actually a lot of people out there as ignorant as you in the world.

Holy shit, are you telling me that I "CAN'T IGNORE" the parts I don't like?!?! What about you??? You keep ignoring the same part over and over and over and refuse to listen like a child. I posted it a few times, you should go back and read it again because you didn't get it the first time. Stop using the word that you know for a fact is offensive to an entire group of people. It's a slur, that's it, plain and simple.

You don't have to ignore it.  I am just telling you that we are going to agree to disagree. So it's pointless to keep comparing the two since I do not believe they are the same.   Being black is not a choice.   Changing your gender is a choice.  

I understand you do not like the use of the word *****.  That's your choice.  So you can control which words you choose to use or not use.   I do not have a problem with you making any judgments of me, I have seen you repeat them over and over.   Message received.   there is no reason to repeat them any further ....   Let's progress the discussion and move past your personal bias.
(11-06-2015, 05:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You don't have to ignore it.  I am just telling you that we are going to agree to disagree. So it's pointless to keep comparing the two since I do not believe they are the same.   Being black is not a choice.   Changing your gender is a choice.  

I understand you do not like the use of the word *****.  That's your choice.  So you can control which words you choose to use or not use.   I do not have a problem with you making any judgments of me, I have seen you repeat them over and over.   Message received.   there is no reason to repeat them any further ....   Let's progress the discussion and move past your personal bias.

Let's assume for a second "your" using "*****" to describe a "valid, vibrant, and vital identity" consistent with your source.  Based upon your history, we all know that isn't why you are using "*****," but for one second we will assume you are.  If someone did have good manners, as you claim you do, your insistence upon using a word many here find offensive and have repeatedly asked you not to use (moderating ourselves) pretty much proves your manners are as nonexistent as your grasp on the truth.
(11-06-2015, 08:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let's assume for a second "your" using "*****" to describe a "valid, vibrant, and vital identity" consistent with your source.  Based upon your history, we all know that isn't why you are using "*****," but for one second we will assume you are.  If someone did have good manners, as you claim you do, your insistence upon using a word many here find offensive and have repeatedly asked you not to use (moderating ourselves) pretty much proves your manners are as nonexistent as your grasp on the truth.

Actually very few here has an issue with using *****. The ones that have the issue with it are just posting like crazy.

Out of respect for these vocal few. I changed to transexuals after I was told that was ok.... But then pat and a couple others had a problem with that as well. So if I am gonna be called a homophobe either way then what's the difference or the motivation to change to another word?

What's funny is that pat and matt were the ones who told me to use transexuals.

Some here keep trying to make a connection to the N word. Which is a false comparison and used purely to generate false emotion over a word. Which is actually taking away from black peoples struggle over the years. Not sure why you are trying to lessen their struggles.
Haha they blocked it out ....  

It's not even a bad word.   Is the swearing still allowed?

The fact that any of you allow words to have such power over your lives is amazing.

Free yourselves.