• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest graded Bengals in the playoffs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Kinda surprised Pratt isn’t up there
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Where's our halftime spectator kicker on this list???

[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-02-13-at-9.17.54-PM.png]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:12 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Where's our halftime spectator kicker on this list???

[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-02-13-at-9.17.54-PM.png]

The fact that he stayed out there for that was pure gold. Love that kid. Want his jersey.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Can we get the Full season of that level of bates?
Reply/Quote
All 25 and under.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: All 25 and under.

Hubbard is 26. But your point stands. The core of this team is really young. Pretty much the exact opposite of the team we just faced off against in the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
Man I am so back and forth about Bates. You either let him go or you pay 15 mil to a safety. He's such a huge part of this defense and team overall. It's almost impossible to deny him after this playoff performance. Isn't it?
Reply/Quote
Thought Logan Wilson would've been higher and Reader would have made list too.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Man I am so back and forth about Bates.  You either let him go or you pay 15 mil to a safety.  He's such a huge part of this defense and team overall.  It's almost impossible to deny him after this playoff performance.  Isn't it?

Absolutely.  He was completely pedestrian during the regular season, but man did he show out in the playoffs.  I felt fine resigning him to a reasonable deal back in December, but after that showing, he's back to being paid top dollar.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:38 PM)wcu Wrote: Absolutely.  He was completely pedestrian during the regular season, but man did he show out in the playoffs.  I felt fine resigning him to a reasonable deal back in December, but after that showing, he's back to being paid top dollar.

No thanks. If he can't do it consistently in the regular season, he's not worth the money. BTW Wasn't Bates the one that missed what should have been a relatively routine tackle of Kupp along the sideline on a third down to force a punt? IF I remember correctly OBJ later scored on that drive. An elite Safety makes that play in the SB every time. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:05 PM)Mer Wrote: No thanks. If he can't do it consistently in the regular season, he's not worth the money. BTW Wasn't Bates the one that missed what should have been a relatively routine tackle of Kupp along the sideline on a third down to force a punt? IF I remember correctly OBJ later scored on that drive. An elite Safety makes that play in the SB every time. 

Then what do you replace him with?  A draft pick?  It's highly unlikely that a rookie will come in and handle his responsibilities anywhere near as well as he has.  Then what?  A free agent?  How much do you pay trying to replace him and is the value worth the likely drop-off?  

Idk.  I hate the idea of a 15 mil safety, but out of all of the impending FAs, he's easily the hardest to replace.  
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Man I am so back and forth about Bates.  You either let him go or you pay 15 mil to a safety.  He's such a huge part of this defense and team overall.  It's almost impossible to deny him after this playoff performance.  Isn't it?

Tag is only $13 mill.
You can always tag him to save a bit while you work on the long-term extension.
But I agree, that's pricey for a team that traditionally does not pay $10+ mill for a safety.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hubbard is 26. But your point stands. The core of this team is really young. Pretty much the exact opposite of the team we just faced off against in the Super Bowl.

I admittedly didn’t look it up. But still pretty darn close lol.

You are right, this Rams team wasn’t built for a long haul.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:05 PM)Mer Wrote: No thanks. If he can't do it consistently in the regular season, he's not worth the money. BTW Wasn't Bates the one that missed what should have been a relatively routine tackle of Kupp along the sideline on a third down to force a punt? IF I remember correctly OBJ later scored on that drive. An elite Safety makes that play in the SB every time. 
1.) He was the #1 Safety according to PFF in 2020 and he was a top 10 Safety as a rookie in 2018. Add that to being the best player for us in the playoffs then he no doubt deserves a big time contract.

2.) He is a team Captain and a leader of the team. 

3.) Give me a freaking break on the missed Tackle crap. Cooper Kupp is the best WR in the game right now (especially in the open field) missing a tackle on him isn't get rid of worthy.
(02-15-2022, 02:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tag is only $13 mill.
You can always tag him to save a bit while you work on the long-term extension.
But I agree, that's pricey for a team that traditionally does not pay $10+ mill for a safety.

It's 2022 you're not going to find a safety worth while (outside of draft picks) under 13 million. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 04:29 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) He was the #1 Safety according to PFF in 2020 and he was a top 10 Safety as a rookie in 2018. Add that to being the best player for us in the playoffs then he no doubt deserves a big time contract.

2.) He is a team Captain and a leader of the team. 

3.) Give me a freaking break on the missed Tackle crap. Cooper Kupp is the best WR in the game right now (especially in the open field) missing a tackle on him isn't get rid of worthy.

It's 2022 you're not going to find a safety worth while (outside of draft picks) under 13 million. 

Disagree.

Vonn Bell - 3 years, $18 mill contract. $6 mill APY

Bell has over 200 tackles in the two years he's been a Bengal.
13 PBUs
1 INT
8 TFLs
6 FFs
78.0 PFF coverage rating in 2021, 64.6 in 2020. Over 70 overall PFF rating both years.

So it's possible to find good safeties under $10 mill, but it's not easy.
Also, as you'd probably point out anyway, Bell isn't a prototypical ball hawking FS.

With that said, I do think there are a few safeties in this upcoming draft class that could come in immediately as a rookie and be a solid-or-better starter.

If team decides to extend/tag Bates though, I get it and think it's a sound move.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I’d like to keep Bates, but not until we spend money, real money, on Tier 1 O Line FA. If there’s money after that, then Bates is the next one to get a deal.

But we need 3 O Line. We need another edge rusher, and a CB. That’s bare minimum. I also wouldn’t be upset with a mid-late round RB, and another WR (pick 4-7).
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree.

13 PBUs
1 INT
8 TFLs
6 FFs
78.0 PFF coverage rating in 2021, 64.6 in 2020. Over 70 overall PFF rating both years.

Also, as you'd probably point out anyway, Bell isn't a prototypical ball hawking FS.

With that said, I do think there are a few safeties in this upcoming draft class that could come in immediately as a rookie and be a solid-or-better starter.

If team decides to extend/tag Bates though, I get it and think it's a sound move.
Well Bell has drastically improved while he has been here(particularly in coverage). If he was on the Open Market this year he is getting over 10 Million Per Year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
In the modern nfl, ball hawking safeties are very important.

Plus Bell and Bates have good chemistry.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree.

13 PBUs
1 INT
8 TFLs
6 FFs

To be fair Bell is more of a SS than a FS but your point is valid.
Reply/Quote