Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highly unlikely trade scenario
http://bearsbarroom.com/bears-bengals-trade-possibilities/

Peered through this article last week. While I do think the bears could be a suitor for a McCarron trade, which would almost ensure Mixon's availability. I was interested in scenario two of this draft. Would have us trading out of top 10, for 2nd and 3rd round picks 2017/2018. This would be our scenario:

2) 36
2) 41
3) 67
3) 73
4) 116
4) 138
5) 153
5) 176
6) 193
6) 217
7) 227
7) 251

I personally would totally back this trade if they could lock it in. While I don't think we have enough room in camp to bring 12 guys in this would give us the opportunity to package up for selections we would like. What do you think?
Reply/Quote
No. I don't want out of the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 09:56 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: No.  I don't want out of the first round.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally speaking I would totally agree with you; My issue being this year there seems to be a major drop off in blue chip players. This move would take us out of contention for Barnett or possibility of Howard/Allen/Thomas sliding. On the other hand, it would give us the opportunity to either trade back up into the 1st, or secure Mixon at the top of the second. I feel like there will be a stable of talent available between rounds 2-4 that could make an impact on this years roster. Not to mention with projections for the bears next season, 2018 picks would likely be atop the draft order once again.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe McCaron is in play for Chicago as they just signed Glennon. I look at them as relatively comparable right now in their careers,
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't believe McCaron is in play for Chicago as they just signed Glennon. I look at them as relatively comparable right now in their careers,

Yep.  They paid Glennon an awful lot of money.  Doubt they turn around and put more resources into a quarterback until they see if he can get it done.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't believe McCaron is in play for Chicago as they just signed Glennon. I look at them as relatively comparable right now in their careers,

Very true, I believe that this trade scenario would be more plausible than taking McCarron. Glennon is rather similar, but I'm unsure if he's there QB of the future. For that reason I do feel they have interest like other teams atop the draft in picking up someone for the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:10 AM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  They paid Glennon an awful lot of money.  Doubt they turn around and put more resources into a quarterback until they see if he can get it done.

I was taken back by the contract as well, that's why I see this scenario highly unlikely but do hope that they'd peer down before imagining leaping ahead this year in the first.

I'd say it's pure desperation if your shooting 19 mil guaranteed to a QB like Glennon :-) 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:10 AM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  They paid Glennon an awful lot of money.  Doubt they turn around and put more resources into a quarterback until they see if he can get it done.

No, they essentially gave him a 1-year type deal.  If he is a bust for them, it won't hurt them if they cut him.

I wouldn't be shocked if they took a QB at #3.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 09:43 AM)lbrown41017 Wrote: http://bearsbarroom.com/bears-bengals-trade-possibilities/

Peered through this article last week. While I do think the bears could be a suitor for a McCarron trade, which would almost ensure Mixon's availability. I was interested in scenario two of this draft. Would have us trading out of top 10, for 2nd and 3rd round picks 2017/2018. This would be our scenario:

2) 36
2) 41
3) 67
3) 73
4) 116
4) 138
5) 153
5) 176
6) 193
6) 217
7) 227
7) 251

I personally would totally back this trade if they could lock it in. While I don't think we have enough room in camp to bring 12 guys in this would give us the opportunity to package up for selections we would like. What do you think?

That would be a horrible value.

You'd need a hell of a lot more than a couple 2s and 3s to move completely out of the first round.
Reply/Quote
we simply don't need a huge collection of picks. if it doesn't get us an extra 2nd round and keep our first round its a bust. We need quality players and not all these shit picks for guys who can't fit on a roster

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:25 PM)Okeana Wrote: we simply don't need a huge collection of picks.  if it doesn't get us an extra 2nd round and keep our first round its a bust.  We need quality players and not all these shit picks for guys who can't fit on a roster

I totally agree with you, I feel that 11 are too many to attempt to roster. I truly believe that they will be making a trade at some point to get where they'd like to be. Will be real interesting to see how things play out in the next few days!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 09:43 AM)lbrown41017 Wrote: http://bearsbarroom.com/bears-bengals-trade-possibilities/

2) 36
2) 41
3) 67
3) 73
4) 116
4) 138
5) 153
5) 176
6) 193
6) 217
7) 227
7) 251

Just read the article.... The trade scenarios are hilarious and completely in favor of the Bears. COMPLETELY.

They have the Bears getting a TON for their #3 pick and the Bengals getting back junk for their #9 pick.
Reply/Quote
This was one of the dumbest articles i've ever read. I wish I had my time back.

Quote:There is now a massive hole in their defensive line with the loss of defensive tackle Domata Peko in free agency. Perhaps, there is love for Jonathan Allen to line up beside Geno Atkins.
He thinks we would give up our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 3rd for Jonathan Allen!? Because we "lost" Peko!?
I would be weary giving that up for Myles Garret.

Quote:What is likely to prevent the Bengals from pulling the trigger is their very real need for an offensive lineman. Free-agent departures of tackle Andrew Whitworth and guard Kevin Heitler have created concern and while they did sign former Bengal Andre Smith he is coming off a poor season with the Minnesota Vikings and the deal is for one-year only. 2015 No. 1 draft choice Cedric Ogbuehi is expected to replace Whitford, but he didn’t exactly impress at right tackle last year. The Bengals also have needs at running back and wide receiver.

This guy has no idea what he is talking about.
Reply/Quote