Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill - Anyone else wondering....
What his overall disposition is? Everyone loves to win BUT certain personalities need to be part of it or they get pissy.

He HAS TO have accepted by now he lost his starting and full time role; where he was penciled in to be the polar opposite with promising prognostications from all the pundits.

That's a bitter pill to swallow for some.

It will be interesting to see how he handles his new vastly inferior role.

FWIW: GIO handled the demotion last year with grade A CLASS!
Reply/Quote
I think Hill will be fine. Gio has been getting good looks and Jeremys plays haven't had the best blocks. I think he got stopped in the backfield multiple times. The guy got 3 TDs 8 days ago so I don't think its a huge deal. Being 5-0 is the number 1 priority of every player on this team, including the running backs. He came on late last season and I bet he will do the same this season. 

Also, Hill will get used more when we have a lead.. Gio is better for playing catch up.
Reply/Quote
It's because Gio is quick to accelerate to top speed. It's just not Hill's game.

The thing is, Gio is a beast (you know, that thing Dalton is) when he's healthy. He got injured and essentially lost his job.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
it's a classic sophomore slump…i think it will work itself out over time
Reply/Quote
Hill seems like the kind of dude that would make a big fuss about it, but I'm really only basing that statement on his demeanor on the field and in pressers.

I think he'll be fine though, he'll shake off whatever it is that is holding him back from performing like he did last season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The weather will turn crappy and we will have to lean on him to grind lock and move the chains. Hopefully he realizes that, or wioll appreciate it when it does.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think Hill will be fine. Gio has been getting good looks and Jeremys plays haven't had the best blocks. I think he got stopped in the backfield multiple times. The guy got 3 TDs 8 days ago so I don't think its a huge deal. Being 5-0 is the number 1 priority of every player on this team, including the running backs. He came on late last season and I bet he will do the same this season. 

Also, Hill will get used more when we have a lead.. Gio is better for playing catch up.

I am hopeful that he will start peaking later in the season when he is really, really, needed. Meanwhile Gio is playing quite well.
Reply/Quote
Hill is fine. He said that it is a long season and it is good to keep both him and Gio fresh.
Reply/Quote
Everyone is missing the entire situation.

He lost his job because of fumbling and that's why he hasn't been seeing as much playing time or as many carries. The one fumble, though, was just a mis-handling of a pitch, which I don't see as the same as fumbling. I think that we need to put Andy back under center and start giving Hill the ball 20 to 25 times a game, especially when it gets cold.

Hill can destroy even the best run defenses and we need him out there.
Reply/Quote
He's got what? 5 TDs.  He's made a decent contribution.  I think that there will be games where he has a bigger impact than Gio.  They're winning... I don't see how Hill could have an issue with his touches or playing time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hill has been very PC about it. I mean, the team is 5-0...what's he going to say? His time will come. The Bengals aren't going to get where they want a whole year without JHill.
Reply/Quote
According to Dave Lapham on Bengals line. Hill has had a minor limp for two weeks. He is dealing with a mild knee issue
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: What his overall disposition is? Everyone loves to win BUT certain personalities need to be part of it or they get pissy.

He HAS TO have accepted by now he lost his starting and full time role; where he was penciled in to be the polar opposite with promising prognostications from all the pundits.

That's a bitter pill to swallow for some.

It will be interesting to see how he handles his new vastly inferior role.

FWIW: GIO handled the demotion last year with grade A CLASS!

There will come a game when J Hill carries this team on his shoulders.

I dont look at is a negative but instead our unlimited use of weapons that we have at our disposal...

I watched J Hill on the sidelines and he was pumped and "involved" on congratulating the other players on their plays, he wasn't pouting which is what you want to see when your number isn't called.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I suspect if Hill wasn't fine with it Andy wouldn't have been hacking on him on the sideline saying "Where'd Jeremy go?" when he was miked up.
Reply/Quote
Like a couple others have said I'm kinda gald they're not giving him 25 carries a game. We're going to need him later and he'll be there fresh and ready to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote