Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hill Owes Burfict Dinner.
(01-13-2016, 01:40 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Hill doesn't owe Burfict anthing.  Hill owes the city of Cincinnati everything.  The only thing that gave the Steelers a chance to win at that point was having the ball.  That's the only way to score points. And Jeremy Hill came through for them.

Steelers were going to get the ball back unless we get a first down even if Jeremy does not fumble.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:43 AM)tlotharw Wrote: You don't get a first down by fumbling.  Hill understands football like you do.

So you also think we could have ran out the clock without getting a first down?

Keep proving what the extent of your football knowledge, tlotharw.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Steelers were going to get the ball back unless we get a first down even if Jeremy does not fumble.

You don't get a first down by fumbling.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:47 AM)tlotharw Wrote: You don't get a first down by fumbling.

What is your point?

Do you think a team gets a first down by gaining 4 yards on first down?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is your point?

Do you think a team gets a first down by gaining 4 yards on first down?

Your point seems to be is that it is better that the Steelers have the ball instead of us.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:51 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Your point seems to be is that it is better that the Steelers have the ball instead of us.

And you don't seem to be able to read and understand simple English.

Please post a link to me saying anything like that.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And you don't seem to be able to read and understand simple English.

Please post a link to me saying anything like that.

Case dismissed.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:47 AM)tlotharw Wrote: You don't get a first down by fumbling.

If Hill didnt fumble, the odds go up to win. But since we have no idea what would have happened on that 2nd or maybe 3rd down  or maybe that fg attempt afterwards, it didnt guarantee the loss. Especially against a qb with a very bum shoulder at that point of the game.

However since this is the Bengals, Hill couldve held onto the ball but not get the first down 2 plays later resulting in a fg. Then Brown returns it down to like the 35 yard line of the Bengals, and they end up scoring a TD anyways. Or Nuge's kick gets blocked and they return it for a td. Trying to think of other perfect Bengallike endings..
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How did that running down the tunnel like the game was over work out for Burfict?

Yep, Karma is a *****.

It didn't affect the team at all. Did Hills fumble? Burfict and both AJs should be hero's.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:51 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Your point seems to be is that it is better that the Steelers have the ball instead of us.

Agreed. Guy is a creep.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:10 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Case dismissed.

Thank you for dismissing your case and admitting defeat.
Reply/Quote
"This loss in on me" - Jeremy Hill

And I agree with him.

By all means though keep fighting..[Image: popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:16 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Agreed. Guy is a creep.

Okay, if you agree then I challenge you to post a link to me saying anything like that.

Tlorthrawlow was smart enough to admit defeat.  Are you?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:15 AM)Fresno B Wrote: It didn't affect the team at all. 

So, in other words the exact same effect that Hill's dancing had.

So why all the crying about Hill's dancing when it had exactly the same effect as Burfits running through the tunnel?

And why claim that Karma burned Hill for dancing but not Burfict for acting a fool?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:15 AM)Fresno B Wrote: It didn't affect the team at all. Did Hills fumble? Burfict and both AJs should be hero's.

How did Burfict's penalty affect the team?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How did Burfict's penalty affect the team?

Burfict had no business on the field as far as I'm concerned. Anything after the fumble is moot to this diehard.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:41 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Burfict had no business on the field as far as I'm concerned. Anything after the fumble is moot to this diehard.

So if we kick a FG with a minute left you don't put the defense back on the field?

That strategy backfired on us in the Arizona game this year.  I don't think we should try it again.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So if we kick a FG with a minute left you don't put the defense back on the field?

That strategy backfired on us in the Arizona game this year.  I don't think we should try it again.

Are you justifying the loss? 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:06 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Are you justifying the loss? 

Can you understand simple English?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then, let me ask a simple question.

When our defense allows the opposing team to drive the length of the field for the game winning score who do you blame?

What difference does it make how the other team got the ball.  If the offense was stopped and punted the ball then do you blame the offense?

It makes a difference when the offense has the ball with <2 minutes left and they hand the ball right back to the defense on first down. 

I'd say the blame is equal. Like players always say, "win together, lose together". Neither side of the ball made a play to win the game and they both made a play to help lose it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote