Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hill Owes Burfict Dinner.
(01-12-2016, 05:44 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This says it all right here folks. He wants the entire offense blamed for Hills fumble and wants burfict and Jones blamed for the game? Can it get any nuttier than that?

You can not even read and comprehend simple English.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only reason they needed a breather is because they sprinted the full length of the field after the interception like a bunch of dumbasses.

Well now.....it wasn't the only  reason, but there's some truth there. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The offense gave the defense the lead and they could not hold it.

This is getting silly.  It started out as a "blame Hill's fumble" and then when i showed how ridiculous it turned into a "blame the offense" which is a completely different argument.

the fact is that plenty of players on BOTH sides of the ball made mistakes throughout the game.  It just so happened that it was the defense that shit the bed last and in the biggest way.

I never said the defense was responsible for winning every game.  in fact IF YOU COULD READ you would know that if Hill's fumble had been returned for a score or gave the Steeler's the ball close to scoring position then I would blame him.  But he didn't.  The Steelers were not close to scoring position when when they got the ball.  So according to YOUR logic it is never the defenses fault for losing a game when they allow the other team to drive the length of the field to score the winning points.

Hill was the last and only one to shit the bed. The game was won if Hill held on to the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Hill was the last and only one to shit the bed. The game was won if Hill held on to the ball.

The game is won if Shazier doesn't damn near decapitate Bernard.

The game is won if the offense took better advantage of the Steeler's shoddy defense.

The game is won if the sun of all parts doesn't equate to a loss.

Period.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:49 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The game is won if Shazier doesn't damn near decapitate Bernard.

The game is won if the offense took better advantage of the Steeler's shoddy defense.

The game is won if the sun of all parts doesn't equate to a loss.

Period.

Hill lost the game. But that's a cool story bro.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:07 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Hill lost the game. But that's a cool story bro.

Because those free 30 yards sure as shit helped the Bengals seal it.

Play the blame game all you want; it no longer surprises me when you narrow minded whiners try to crucify one person and it's never the person who ever deserves it.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Because those free 30 yards sure as shit helped the Bengals seal it.

Play the blame game all you want; it no longer surprises me when you narrow minded whiners try to crucify one person and it's never the person who ever deserves it.

Hill is such a stud isn't he? By far the worst player on the team, even worse than Pac man. How did all that swag and dancing and attitude play out for him? Karma is a *****
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.

The only way we lose the game after that fumble is if the defense blows it.  Steelers were no where close to scoring position after that fumble

Closer than they were before Hill fumbled the ball....  Again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:17 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Hill is such a stud isn't he? By far the worst player on the team, even worse than Pac man. How did all that swag and dancing and attitude play out for him? Karma is a *****

The dancing around seemed to pan out for Shazier and the Steelers.

I'm sure you're willing to see the Vikings kick AP to the curb because of one play, too. **** the entire body of work - best to cut ties because of a physical screw up.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The dancing around seemed to pan out for Shazier and the Steelers.

I'm sure you're willing to see the Vikings kick AP to the curb because of one play, too. **** the entire body of work - best to cut ties because of a physical screw up.

AP is not a Bengal so I can give a shit about him. Hill is and he's a bum.
Reply/Quote
I gotta say, Hill sucked this year. Made maybe a couple good runs all year and a bunch of TDs from the 1 but that's it. So I don't blame the OP for criticizing him. It's not like he really helped us win games this year.

Then of course, he fumbled at the worst possible time ever in his career. If Hill holds onto the ball, yeah we win. Don't see how you can say otherwise. Of course, there were other opportunities to win, but I think Hill takes the cake with the worst error. Please feel free to argue that.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:28 PM)Fresno B Wrote: AP is not a Bengal so I can give a shit about him. Hill is and he's a bum.

Tied for the league lead in rushing touchdowns and he's a bum.

You guys need to nut the **** up.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.

The only way we lose the game after that fumble is if the defense blows it.  Steelers were no where close to scoring position after that fumble

Im with Fred on this. The only reason Hill is getting crucified is because of when it occurred. Yes the timing was awful. Almost as bad as the timing of what was about to occur on those two 15 yarders. But if I remember right our opening drive in the 3rd qtr, Hill ran it for a 38 yarder to get us down to their 29. Then Whit's guy got the edge and knocked the ball out of McC's hand right when he went to throw recovered by Pitt. They went down and kicked a field goal.

Right there Hill had the best run of the season setting us up in great field position. But our All-pro tackle couldn't keep the edge long enough for the 4 game starter to get the throw off. Yet I dont hear much on this which was probably either a 6 point or 10 point swing if we wouldve got a TD. Who knows how the rest of the game would have played out as the series of events wouldve been altered from that point on, but still, that was just as much of a bad play as the fumble was imo. The only difference was when in the half it occurred.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: All of this angst SHOULD be channeled towards Jeremy Hill. He should be thanking Vontaze for taking the spotlight off of him.

Thanks for the blocks Vontaze! Thanks for sealing the game for us, and then becoming a national villain in a two minute period... yah sorry about that bro. Stay turnt!

I don't blame Jeremy Hill for that loss.  It takes an entire team to screw up that bad. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Hill was the last and only one to shit the bed. The game was won if Hill held on to the ball.

No it was not.  We could not have ran out the clock.  The Steelers were going to get the ball back unless we get a first  down.

You just do not understand football.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: Closer than they were before Hill fumbled the ball....  Again.

But still out of FG range until the defense let the Steelers drive the length of the field to score the winning points.........again (just like against the Cards.)
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:17 PM)Fresno B Wrote: How did all that swag and dancing and attitude play out for him? Karma is a *****

How did that running down the tunnel like the game was over work out for Burfict?

Yep, Karma is a *****.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How did that running down the tunnel like the game was over work out for Burfict?

Yep, Karma is a *****.

This. People are talking about that last 15 yard penalty on Jones... let's say the more fair thing DID happen and Jones AND Porter got offesetting penalties.... they should have had 15 more yards, because that should have been an unsportsmanlike penalty, thus making the fumble 15 yards closer for the Steelers. But we forget about that.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of Bengals made mistakes throughout the game.  We were still in great shape to win even after Hill fumbled.

Hill doesn't owe Burfict anything.

Hill doesn't owe Burfict anthing.  Hill owes the city of Cincinnati everything.  The only thing that gave the Steelers a chance to win at that point was having the ball.  That's the only way to score points. And Jeremy Hill came through for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No it was not.  We could not have ran out the clock.  The Steelers were going to get the ball back unless we get a first  down.

You just do not understand football.

You don't get a first down by fumbling.  Hill understands football like you do.
Reply/Quote