Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill doesn't fit this offense
After watching Hill and Gio the last 2 years, I realized that Hill doesn't fit this offense.

Sure, he had a nice rookie season, but the last 2 years? Yikes.

This offense isn't power run based, it's more of a speed run offense. Watch Burkhead and Gio, they get more yards because they run through the openings faster. Hill, on the other hand, he takes his time and tries to bull rush but gets no space because of him being slower.

What if our o-line scheme isn't fitting for Hill? Burkhead should start in my opinion, just like Gio should've.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
The reason it's a speed run offense: Because the hole that the offensive lineman opens is only open for a split second so you better be there to get it because it closes quick.

In all honesty...if we had Dallas's offensive line...Hill would probably be a 1300 yard rusher. Heck, he almost had 1000 yards behind this poor offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The reason it's a speed run offense: Because the hole that the offensive lineman opens is only open for a split second so you better be there to get it because it closes quick.

In all honesty...if we had Dallas's offensive line...Hill would probably be a 1300 yard rusher. Heck, he almost had 1000 yards behind this poor offensive line.

Sadly that's the truth, that's why Burkhead is excelling, he has lateral quickness and is able to change direction quickly to make cuts that Hill can't.

Reply/Quote
If he were getting the yards we'd call him paticant and be talking about his vision downfield, how he waits for things to develop. But he's not and our line isn't helping.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Sadly that's the truth, that's why Burkhead is excelling, he has lateral quickness and is able to change direction quickly to make cuts that Hill can't.

Burkhead just runs really fast and hard. I wouldn't say he necessarily has great vision or great RB skills that would make him starter material.

Burkhead also tends to be in more 3rd and long situations with the defense playing the pass.

Hill has been Bengalized in some ways. How many guys come here and play great as a rookie then regress?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burkhead just runs really fast and hard. I wouldn't say he necessarily has great vision or great RB skills that would make him starter material.

Burkhead also tends to be in more 3rd and long situations with the defense playing the pass.

Hill has been Bengalized in some ways. How many guys come here and play great as a rookie then regress?

Why? What have you seen that makes you say this? 

I don't think I've seen him miss an obvious hole yet, and has made it through some where I didn't see anything even available...

Just curious. From what I saw, he ran circles around Hill yesterday against the best defense in football and was in late in the game on almost every down.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burkhead just runs really fast and hard. I wouldn't say he necessarily has great vision or great RB skills that would make him starter material.

This I absolutely agree with. This is the one thing this organization manages to teach every player that comes here. Mediocrity is not only acceptable, its preferred here.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burkhead just runs really fast and hard. I wouldn't say he necessarily has great vision or great RB skills that would make him starter material.

Who are these guys who have been great as rookies, then sucked because they played for the Bengals? I can only think of one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I love hill, but i agree. Ive seen them run him out of shotgun way to much or the QB option. Where He takes too long to get up to speed. Doesn't have the lateral quickness, it takes him a minute to get up to speed. Doesn't have shifty moves, isn't good at breaking tackles either. Thats what the problem is. He needs good blocking and even a fullback .
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 04:53 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I love hill, but i agree.  Ive seen them run him out of shotgun way to much or the QB option. Where He takes too long to get up to speed. Doesn't have the lateral quickness, it takes him a minute to get up to speed. Doesn't have shifty moves, isn't good at breaking tackles either. Thats what the problem is. He needs good blocking and even a fullback .

This sounds like an unheeded scouting report prior to the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 05:58 PM)Derrick Wrote: This sounds like an unheeded scouting report prior to the draft.

Whats that mean lol
Reply/Quote
Or maybe Hill isn't fit for any offense, due to his desire to run East/West, avoid contact, and go down easy despite being 235-240lbs... while having poor vision running the ball.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 07:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or maybe Hill isn't fit for any offense, due to his desire to run East/West, avoid contact, and go down easy despite being 235-240lbs... while having poor vision running the ball.

Yep between that, Hill only having a yeat left on his contract, Gio being injured and Burkhead being a free agent at the end of the year I am all for a top RB this year in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:53 PM)R3stangs Wrote: This I absolutely agree with. This is the one thing this organization manages to teach every player that comes here. Mediocrity is not only acceptable, its preferred here.
2 items:: Stoolers Vs Ravens game.
1. Bell makes Hill look like a statue. Did the Bengals have a chance to draft Bell and not take it? Big time failure.
2. Harrison looks like a 25 year old playing lights out for Stoolers. Why did he look so pathetic while he was with Bengals? My wife says he was always a Steeler and was never going to help the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 06:23 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Whats that mean lol
The scouting report listed all his shortcomings but they drafted him anyway. Yawn lol
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: 2 items:: Stoolers Vs Ravens game.
1. Bell makes Hill look like a statue. Did the Bengals have a chance to draft Bell and not take it? Big time failure.
2. Harrison looks like a 25 year old playing lights out for Stoolers. Why did he look so pathetic while he was with Bengals? My wife says he was always a Steeler and was never going to help the Bengals.

Had nothing to do with loyalties, just that the Steelers hand out the good stuff to their players...

[Image: Steroid-Use.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I agree, I know stats say otherwise but I still really like Jeremy Hill. I think he's got talent, but it just isn't producing here. I think with a better line he could be a decent back (obviously most would be better with a better line). It's annoying to see the lack of production, as I do think he's a good back.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:21 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I agree, I know stats say otherwise but I still really like Jeremy Hill. I think he's got talent, but it just isn't producing here. I think with a better line he could be a decent back (obviously most would be better with a better line). It's annoying to see the lack of production, as I do think he's a good back.

I do think he's got talent for sure and could be successful, just not here.

I'll tell you this, he's an elite goal-line situation RB.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:21 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I agree, I know stats say otherwise but I still really like Trent Richardson. I think he's got talent, but it just isn't producing here. I think with a better line he could be a decent back (obviously most would be better with a better line). It's annoying to see the lack of production, as I do think he's a good back.

-Sincerely,

Browns and Colts fans.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: -Sincerely,

Browns and Colts fans.

LMAO.

Where is he now?

Reply/Quote