Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill doesn't fit this offense
(12-25-2016, 09:40 PM)milksheikh Wrote: LMAO.

Where is he now?

Didn't even make it to the first preseason game on the Raven's offseason roster. So probably on his couch somewhere, napping off a honeybaked ham coma like most of America.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:10 PM)milksheikh Wrote: After watching Hill and Gio the last 2 years, I realized that Hill doesn't fit this offense.

Sure, he had a nice rookie season, but the last 2 years? Yikes.

This offense isn't power run based, it's more of a speed run offense. Watch Burkhead and Gio, they get more yards because they run through the openings faster. Hill, on the other hand, he takes his time and tries to bull rush but gets no space because of him being slower.

What if our o-line scheme isn't fitting for Hill? Burkhead should start in my opinion, just like Gio should've.

Not really a fair comparison or even accurate. 

1. Of the three RBs, Gio has the lowest yards per carry this year. He doesn't get more yards.
2. The play calling is amazingly predictable and defenses are prepared for this predictability, particularly on 1st and 2nd down when Hill is on the field. You don't know what they are going to call on 1st down when Burkhead is out there, but you know there's a high probability that it will be a 1st down run if Hill is out there.
3. Our OL's run blocking has been very, very bad. No push at all in most cases.

It's up the coaches to design plays to take advantage of their player's strengths, not to design plays to some scheme fit for someone else. The running game has been just dismal for the last two years.

Hill also has the most TDs of all RBs over the past 3 years.

If you go back to the goal line runs against Pittsburgh last week, it was 3 straight Hill into the line runs right up the middle. In every case the Steelers were in there high and low at his feet. They had the push and got penetration against our line all three times. On the 4th down play Hill didn't make a move to the line and the Steelers backed off a little, which left an opening for Dalton.

On the next time down there the Steelers weren't expecting Hill to run it from the 6 and there was a hole. He scored.

Essentially what I'm saying is that our OL simply isn't good enough to open holes when the opposing defense "knows" there's going to be a run. This has held true all year long. We are weak up front. We can't move defenders off the line of scrimmage.

Rather than Hill being incompatible, I say it is our OL which isn't compatible. They don't just suck at run blocking they've sucked at pass blocking as well. How many times has Dalton been sacked this year?

I'm not saying that Hill is a great RB or anything like that. I am saying that our coaches suck. If we are going to have a power runner shouldn't we have our OL execute power run blocking schemes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The line has terrible at run blocking since Cedric 's last season.  Paul Alexander sucks.  That's about it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Neither Jim Brown in his prime nor Walter Payton in his prime would fit the Cincinnati offense. No holes mean no yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: The line has terrible at run blocking since Cedric 's last season.  Paul Alexander sucks.  That's about it.

Truth

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
O-line is bad, but it doesn't mean J. Hill is good.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:27 PM)motoarch Wrote: If he were getting the yards we'd call him paticant and be talking about his vision downfield, how he waits for things to develop.  But he's not and our line isn't helping.

HILL appears to have a vision problem in that he takes too much time to see the hole and that is a problem.You have to make super fast decisions and make your cut or else learn to have more patience like Bell of pissburg.either way you simply cannot be a bull rusher and get it done.He lacks quick vision and also our O-line is very poor.

I think if does not turn it around this upcoming season,he will be gone.
Reply/Quote
I don't agree that Hill doesn't fit our offense. I know his YPCA isn't going to jump out at anyone, but he has almost 900 yards this year behind one of the worst o-lines in the league. If you gave Gio or Burkhead the amount of carries that Hill has and they wouldn't be playing right now but would be on the rehab field instead.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: 2 items:: Stoolers Vs Ravens game.
1. Bell makes Hill look like a statue. Did the Bengals have a chance to draft Bell and not take it? Big time failure.
2. Harrison looks like a 25 year old playing lights out for Stoolers. Why did he look so pathetic while he was with Bengals? My wife says he was always a Steeler and was never going to help the Bengals.

1.  Have you watched Bell run?  He sits for what seems like a minute behind his line and then hits the hole.  He would average -2.5 yards per carry if he did that here.  That being said, we did mess up taking Gio instead of him in the draft.

2.  Harrison was NOT a good fit at all for the Bengals 4-3 defense.  He is a pure 3-4 LB.  It had nothing to do with his loyalty.  The only thing a player is loyal to is the team that is paying him.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 09:22 PM)jimbengals Wrote: I don't agree that Hill doesn't fit our offense. I know his YPCA isn't going to jump out at anyone, but he has almost 900 yards this year behind one of the worst o-lines in the league. If you gave Gio or Burkhead the amount of carries that Hill has and they wouldn't be playing right now but would be on the rehab field instead.

How many of those yards came in the 2 games against Cleveland though? 

Reply/Quote
I dunno folks..somehow I have a feeling that if Cory Dillon in his prime had to run behind our current Oline he'd look not a hell of a lot different than Hill although he'd still be better. This oline really was put together for pass protection above all else as if having a running back was just an after thought 
Coaching staff: "Oh....we're supposed to have a running back? Oh..forgot about that.. Well maybe next time we have a running back we'll discuss this after the game.."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hill isn't the greatest but he isn't terrible either. If he had any kind of a o-line he would produce.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:32 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hill isn't the greatest but he isn't terrible either. If he had any kind of a o-line he would produce.

I'm not saying Hill is bad or anything, I just don't think he fits our o-line scheme.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 01:11 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 1.  Have you watched Bell run?  He sits for what seems like a minute behind his line and then hits the hole.  He would average -2.5 yards per carry if he did that here.  That being said, we did mess up taking Gio instead of him in the draft.

2.  Harrison was NOT a good fit at all for the Bengals 4-3 defense.  He is a pure 3-4 LB.  It had nothing to do with his loyalty.  The only thing a player is loyal to is the team that is paying him.

Exactly! Bell fits that offensive scheme, he would be terrible behind this line because this line has openings but not for long.

It makes total sense if you look at the film and analyze it.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:10 PM)milksheikh Wrote: After watching Hill and Gio the last 2 years, I realized that Hill doesn't fit this offense.

Sure, he had a nice rookie season, but the last 2 years? Yikes.

This offense isn't power run based, it's more of a speed run offense. Watch Burkhead and Gio, they get more yards because they run through the openings faster. Hill, on the other hand, he takes his time and tries to bull rush but gets no space because of him being slower.

What if our o-line scheme isn't fitting for Hill? Burkhead should start in my opinion, just like Gio should've.

Sadly i agree, Hill has fell off so far from his rookie year in lots of ways. He doesn't run physical anymore. Burkhead and
Gio even run more physical than he does. Burkhead has shown great vision in his limited snaps that Hill does not. Rex has
great cut back ability and great hands to boot.

Can we trade Jeremy and grab up Dalvin Cook in the draft?
Reply/Quote
Hill isn't that great, but we're gonna need him next year with Gio coming off his ACL injury. We need to either re-sign Burkhead or draft a rookie for 2017.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:40 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Hill isn't that great, but we're gonna need him next year with Gio coming off his ACL injury. We need to either re-sign Burkhead or draft a rookie for 2017.

Re-sign Burkhead and draft a rookie RB.

With Gio's injury we don't even know if he will be able to go early next season.

Hill falling off is another reason for adding a back. Peerman isn't going to be around forever either.
Reply/Quote
Hill=Hot Garbage
Reply/Quote