Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
I still have no clue how this woman has gotten to the point that she's at and actually has a chance to be elected POTUS.

She's now saying that a baby that's just hours from delivery has no constitutional rights.

This woman is an idiot.

Quote:During an interview on The View today, Hillary Clinton said an unborn child just hours before delivery should have no Constitutional rights. her comments come just days after Clinton said unborn children simply do not have any Constitutional rights, which would include the right to life.

During the interview a host on The View followed up on the previous comments:

PAULA FARIS: And Secretary, I want to ask you about some comments that you made over the weekend on Meet the Press regarding abortion. You said, quote, “the unborn person doesn’t have constitutional rights.” My question is at what point does someone have constitutional rights, and are you saying that a child, on its due date, just hours before delivery still has no constitutional rights?

HILLARY CLINTON: Under our law, that is the case.

But was Clinton just citing the current law? No, she continues on to say that she supports Roe v. Wade, which makes it the case that unborn children have no constitutional rights even hours before birth. She added that she thinks women should have the sole decision-making power over the lives of unborn children without any limits.

So the baby could be born just hours before it actually was supposed to and could survive on its own, but we don't consider that murder? It's ok for a mother to decide to murder something just because she helped create it?

How in the hell does anyone with a functioning brain believe anything this woman says, much-less support her?
if it's born, early or no, it has rights.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2016, 09:34 PM)Benton Wrote: if it's born, early or no, it has rights.

So, the question is, even though it could survive on its own, it's still unborn, do you believe it has no rights?
Children are generally afforded the basic rights embodied by the Constitution. See Civil Rights of Children. The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment is said to apply to children, born within a marriage or not, but excludes children not yet born.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/childrens_rights

Though there are plenty of ways this isn't true. Children have inferior free speech rights, rights of self-determination, and in many states a child cannot legally own a gun.

(07-29-2016, 09:45 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Children are generally afforded the basic rights embodied by the Constitution. See Civil Rights of Children. The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment is said to apply to children, born within a marriage or not, but excludes children not yet born.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/childrens_rights

Though there are plenty of ways this isn't true. Children have inferior free speech rights, rights of self-determination, and in many states a child cannot legally own a gun.

Wait a minute.  There are states where a child CAN legally own a gun?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-29-2016, 09:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I still have no clue how this woman has gotten to the point that she's at and actually has a chance to be elected POTUS.

She's now saying that a baby that's just hours from delivery has no constitutional rights.

This woman is an idiot.

So the baby could be born just hours before it actually was supposed to and could survive on its own, but we don't consider that murder?  It's ok for a mother to decide to murder something just because she helped create it?  

How in the hell does anyone with a functioning brain believe anything this woman says, much-less support her?

Agree. Knowing the laws of the United States is no qualification for being President!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(07-29-2016, 10:20 PM)xxlt Wrote: Agree. Knowing the laws of the United States is no qualification for being President!

Nor is safeguard classified government emails. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-29-2016, 09:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So, the question is, even though it could survive on its own, it's still unborn, do you believe it has no rights?

Does it have rights? That's a philosophical question. Do our laws protect the rights of the unborn if they exist? No.

(07-29-2016, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: Wait a minute.  There are states where a child CAN legally own a gun?

My understanding is that you can own a firearm, however purchasing, carrying (other than supervised hunting or what not), or purchasing ammunition is not permitted.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-29-2016, 10:20 PM)xxlt Wrote: Agree. Knowing the laws of the United States is no qualification for being President!

(07-29-2016, 10:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Does it have rights? That's a philosophical question. Do our laws protect the rights of the unborn if they exist? No.

It's not about laws, it's about common sense.  

I couldn't live without a breathing tube right after the wreck, so why did I have rights but a baby that can breathe on its own doesn't?
I don't know the answer to this, that's why I'm asking.

If a person walks up to a pregnant woman and punches her in the belly and the baby dies, will this person be charged with assault or murder?
I assume murder since killing the mom can get a double-murder charge, which is one of the hypocrisies of the Democrats and something I've never heard an explanation for.
This lady is evil.

Our country is in trouble.

Anyone who can not see her for what she is just doesn't want to see.

Is this person actually running for POTUS?

Are we living in Alice and Wonderland or a Beetlejuice episode? The Twilight Zone?

Come on America ,WAKE UP.  SNAP OUT OF IT. HELLO. WAKE UP.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(07-29-2016, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not about laws, it's about common sense.  

I couldn't live without a breathing tube right after the wreck, so why did I have rights but a baby that can breathe on its own doesn't?

But really it is about the law. The job of the POTUS is to carry out the law, so that is what a candidate for the job should be concerned with.

You claim the question of rights themselves is common sense but in truth the rights of the unborn is something that philosophers could argue on about for a long time. It is not black and white or common sense.

(07-29-2016, 11:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I assume murder since killing the mom can get a double-murder charge, which is one of the hypocrisies of the Democrats and something I've never heard an explanation for.

Also something I disagree with. I'm actually not sure how common it is, I know it has happened, but it shouldn't be a double charge.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-29-2016, 11:46 PM)tigerseye Wrote: This lady is evil.

Our country is in trouble.

Anyone who can not see her for what she is just doesn't want to see.

Is this person actually running for POTUS?

Are we living in Alice and Wonderland or a Beetlejuice episode? The Twilight Zone?

Come on America ,WAKE UP.  SNAP OUT OF IT. HELLO. WAKE UP.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switch all the genders in that post and it fits for the other side just as well. Such a scary election cycle.

(07-29-2016, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not about laws, it's about common sense.  

A baby who can breath on its own does have rights. 
(07-30-2016, 12:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A baby who can breath on its own does have rights. 

How about a baby that cannot?

(07-30-2016, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How about a baby that cannot?

Yes. When does it become a baby?  After it is born. 
(07-29-2016, 11:13 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't know the answer to this, that's why I'm asking.

If a person walks up to a pregnant woman and punches her in the belly and the baby dies, will this person be charged with assault or murder?
depends on the state. In Kentucky, its only been in the last 5 years that you can be charged with murder if you cause harm (knowingly or otherwise) to a pregnant woman.
(07-30-2016, 12:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes. When does it become a baby?  After it is born. 

I suppose it depends on the definition you use:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/baby

Quote:human fetus.

Clinton is not evil like another poster stated. She just very obviously has no regard for the integrity expected to be held of the Commander in Chief. She is corrupt and does not care.