Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary 'overheated' at 911 ceremony
Ha. The video is like Weekend at Bernie's.
(09-11-2016, 08:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, really.  Everyone knows she has been sick.  It has been allover the news for days.  So no one is really shocked by this.

Except all the rubes who believe the stories about her being on her death bed.

I thought she said it was seasonal allergies.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-11-2016, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought she said it was seasonal allergies.

At this point I'm just accepting that nobody knows what the hell is going on and hoping that time will tell.
(09-11-2016, 08:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Only thing I had heard was she had coughing fits a week ago, and she said it was because of the pollen. Then said it was allergies on Friday. 

Guess it took her doctor a week to figure out it was pneumonia? She needs a new doctor if it takes a week to figure that out on a Presidential candidate.

The original coughing may have been due to allergies and it later developed into pneumonia.  

Or she may have been sicker than she wanted to admit because she did not want to cut back on her campaign responsibilities.  A doctor's diagnosis is based largely on what his patient tells him.

Either way this is not that big of a deal.  Everyone here has known someone who got sick, coughed a lot, and got better.  There is no evidence that she has any serious illness.
(09-11-2016, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just wait until the rumors start surfacing about how Hillary is ill from something that Bill brought back from "orgy Island".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberculosis

Quote:A number of factors make people more susceptible to TB infections. The most important risk factor globally is HIV; 13% of all people with TB are infected by the virus.[39] This is a particular problem in sub-Saharan Africa, where rates of HIV are high.[40][41] Of people without HIV who are infected with tuberculosis, about 5–10% develop active disease during their lifetimes;[13] in contrast, 30% of those coinfected with HIV develop the active disease.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberculosis#cite_note-Pet2005-13][/url]
(09-11-2016, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The original coughing may have been due to allergies and it later developed into pneumonia.  

Or she may have been sicker than she wanted to admit because she did not want to cut back on her campaign responsibilities.  A doctor's diagnosis is based largely on what his patient tells him.

Either way this is not that big of a deal.  Everyone here has known someone who got sick, coughed a lot, and got better.  There is no evidence that she has any serious illness.

True. But with both candidates not allowing a 'protective pool' of reporters around them so far, and with her lack of press conferences this year, it doesnt help the rumor train out there amping up either.

link to another CNN article that came out today about the lack of protective pool reporters for both. http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/11/media/hillary-clinton-health-protective-pool/index.html
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-11-2016, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought she said it was seasonal allergies.

Try to keep up

(09-11-2016, 07:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: She said she had allergies last week but now it's pneumonia, even though they said heat exhaustion. http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/11/politics/hillary-clinton-health/index.html
"Clinton was diagnosed on Friday with pneumonia, and "was put on antibiotics, and advised to rest and modify her schedule," Dr. Lisa Bardack said in a statement.

Also in the link above is this: "But Michael Morell, the former CIA deputy director, told CNN's Jake Tapper Sunday he was with Clinton Friday for a national security meeting and "she looked fantastic. She had high energy."
"There are times in all of our lives when we don't feel well," he said. "I missed some of the briefings immediately after 9/11 because I wasn't feeling well. So let's not make more of this than there is."
Clinton suffered a two-minute coughing fit during an event in Cleveland last week, which she blamed on allergies.
(09-11-2016, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The original coughing may have been due to allergies and it later developed into pneumonia.  

Of course there is evidence of a serious illness. Hell at her age pneumonia is a serious illness. I hope she recovers quickly and fully, but I'm not putting my head in the sand.

(09-11-2016, 10:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Try to keep up

Oh, so the allergies "turned into" pneumonia? She must have been allergic to a lung infection. I will try to keep up. 

(09-11-2016, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, so the allergies "turned into" pneumonia? She must have been allergic to a lung infection. I will try to keep up. 

Coughing excessively due to allergies can make one more susceptible to pneumonia, or pneumonia can be waved off as allergies because of a patient's stubbornness to think they know more than a doctor and refusing to give them good information to make a diagnosis. Either could be the case here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
So, serious question in all of this, if her health does not improve what happens? Both Trump and Clinton are old enough where something could sideline them longer than some others. If Clinton is unable to continue on the campaign trail for an extended period of time, what does the DNC due? Continue without her or give her spot to someone else? Since we technically vote for electors and they are not actually constitutionally bound to vote the way the state does, how does it play out?

I don't think this situation is as serious as a lot of people are trying to make it out to be, but let's be honest about the situation and realize anything could happen to either one of them on the campaign trail. In addition to that, how do you think this will look for the first election for POTUS in a long time where the major party candidates are not of the majority generation that will be voting? For the first POTUS election, Baby Boomers will be outnumbered by Gen X and Millennial voters. How will this perception of frailty with age impact that?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-12-2016, 09:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, serious question in all of this, if her health does not improve what happens? Both Trump and Clinton are old enough where something could sideline them longer than some others. If Clinton is unable to continue on the campaign trail for an extended period of time, what does the DNC due? Continue without her or give her spot to someone else? Since we technically vote for electors and they are not actually constitutionally bound to vote the way the state does, how does it play out?

I don't think this situation is as serious as a lot of people are trying to make it out to be, but let's be honest about the situation and realize anything could happen to either one of them on the campaign trail. In addition to that, how do you think this will look for the first election for POTUS in a long time where the major party candidates are not of the majority generation that will be voting? For the first POTUS election, Baby Boomers will be outnumbered by Gen X and Millennial voters. How will this perception of frailty with age impact that?

Normally I'd ask Matt if he knows what steps are usually taken!   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-12-2016, 09:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, serious question in all of this, if her health does not improve what happens? Both Trump and Clinton are old enough where something could sideline them longer than some others. If Clinton is unable to continue on the campaign trail for an extended period of time, what does the DNC due? Continue without her or give her spot to someone else? Since we technically vote for electors and they are not actually constitutionally bound to vote the way the state does, how does it play out?

Biden. He'd win in a landslide. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-12-2016, 10:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Biden. He'd win in a landslide. 

I just said Michelle Obama.  Then they don't have to move.  Saves money time and space.   Mellow
(09-12-2016, 09:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Normally I'd ask Matt if he knows what steps are usually taken!   Smirk

I know a little bit of the information, but not the whole picture. Plus it's really a state by state thing if one were to need replaced on a ballot at this point as each state will have different rules. Courts typically will go with leniency on deadlines in favor of having the major parties on the ticket. The respective committee would have to select someone else to be on the ballots, that would depend on the party rules. The question would, of course, be to whom would the party go?

Then you have to ask if the party wouldn't just quietly tell its electors to cast votes for someone else. I mean, the representatives to the electoral college are chosen from among the loyalist party members. So if they get word from the party to cast a vote for someone else you would think they would, because if they don't they risk an immediate end to their political ambitions within the party.

Lots of interesting things can happen here. Kind of happy I am taking a politics course this semester, makes for some very interesting discussion to be had corresponding with the texts.

Big whup.....healthy people get pneumonia all the time. It's more common than a headache. Very minor - heck, it's practically good for you to have pneumonia, immune system comes back stronger.
--------------------------------------------------------

As to the younger folks voting they seem to like old folks. I don't think we've ever had to candidates that come close to their combined ages and the younger folks really liked Bernie.

As to who gets the Presidency; I heard a long time ago that something would happen that would allow Obama to have a 3rd term. Maybe he passes an Executive Order.

(09-12-2016, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the younger folks voting they seem to like old folks. I don't think we've ever had to candidates that come close to their combined ages and the younger folks really liked Bernie.

As to who gets the Presidency; I heard a long time ago that something would happen that would allow Obama to have a 3rd term. Maybe he passes an Executive Order.

(09-12-2016, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the younger folks voting they seem to like old folks. I don't think we've ever had to candidates that come close to their combined ages and the younger folks really liked Bernie.

This is true, though Bernie had it going for him that his views were more reflective of younger voters. Clinton and Trump are just more of the same with a little twist.

(09-11-2016, 05:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/11/politics/hillary-clinton-health/index.html

Temperature today in NYC is currently at 81 degrees with low humidity. However she left a 911 ceremony this morning at around 9:30 am, and went to Chelsea's apartment nearby. Her campaign said she just overheated and is feeling much better. Video in above link shows her stumbling to get into the van.

Should this be a concern or not? I cant imagine at 9:30 this morning it was hot enough to get overheated, especially with low humidity. I dont know, but seeing that video clip of her stumbling like that definitely should be raising eyebrows considering she is one of two people vying for the White House. Is there something else going on with her health they arent telling us? Not that her campaign would lie about it if there was. 

She is a senior citizen. Should senior citizens be allowed to be President? Well, there are stretches in our history where it has seemed like a prerequisite for the job...

She's been flying all over the world and all over the country for the past few years first as secretary of state and now as candidate Clinton. She keeps a schedule that would probably wear out most 20 year-olds. So a little fatigue or feeling over heated in an urban environment when the real feel was probably 85-90 degrees is not cause for alarm as far as I am concerned.

Plus 9-11 is a pretty emotionally draining day for a lot of people - a normal person could have just been overwhelmed emotionally. Now, we know that could not have been it because she has no heart, no soul, no brain, she's a cyborg who eats children's balloons to feed her endless lust for power. But, a normal person might have just wanted to get some quiet private time or to see their family, especially if they have lived in a fish bowl for decades and they were feeling overwhelmed by the memorial service and the cameras - maybe she just wanted to be alone for awhile or see her daughter. Yeah, she's evil incarnate but three cheers for the prospect of her having one foot in the grave Ninja
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.